The Special Edition, you say?

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

kozmicthrills

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu May 13, 2004 1:05 pm

Re:

Well the British recently got a special edition of Lynch's Dune and the wait is dragging on for the BR one.I'd start blaming Sean Young for the mess LOL
<<

kozmicthrills

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:08 am

Re:

Well with the stuff we've heard they've recovered I'm sure a 4 or even 5 disc version could be possible.As for what versions will go on depending upon what they do with the gore I'm sure the original theatrical cut or international one will have to stay to please alot of fans,now when are they going to release this thing ?LOL
<<

Deckard BR26354

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:17 pm

I'm beginning to think that the new DVD won't be released for a very long time now - I'm not entirely sure what the issues are but I do get the impression that one party is blocking the release of the new DVD and is unlikely change their mind in the very near future. Oh well, I guess I'll have to make do with my current DVD (which I'm actually watching at this very moment for the first time in two years).
Richard Gunn

We each live in our own realities - who's maintaining yours?

The only thing that you can be 100% sure of, is that you can't be 100% sure of anything.
<<

citizenchris

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:44 pm

Sorry guys but superbit is sorta a Sonly thing. Thats not to say that other companies couldnt do something similar i.e. a high bit rate transfer of a film on one disc and the suplemental features on others. Quite honestly they usualy dont. Most films are compresed down to about 4.5 gigs (a superbit takes up usualy 8 filling current dual layered dvd's)
<<

Leon Corporation

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:11 am

citizenchris wrote:Sorry guys but superbit is sorta a Sonly thing. Thats not to say that other companies couldnt do something similar i.e. a high bit rate transfer of a film on one disc and the suplemental features on others. Quite honestly they usualy dont. Most films are compresed down to about 4.5 gigs (a superbit takes up usualy 8 filling current dual layered dvd's)

Forget that! Let's think ahead, shall we? What about HD DVD?
Leon Corporation Employee
<<

Deckard BR26354

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:27 pm

I want a virtual 3D version 8)
Richard Gunn

The only thing that you can be 100% sure of, is that you can't be 100% sure of anything.
<<

raymccoy

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:01 pm

How about just bloody well releasing it?
<<

Deckard BR26354

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:08 pm

raymccoy wrote:How about just bloody well releasing it?

Forget about. It's gone. :cry:
Richard Gunn

<<

raymccoy

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:13 pm

This is the problem when the wrong people hold the rights to something. If only a rich Blade Runner fan would buy the rights and give the ok to release the special edition. Or better yet Jerry Perenchio has a Christmas Carol experience and gets all happy about Blade Runner and releases it to all the little Blade Runner boys and girls.
Previous

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut