FAQ  •  Login

bladerunner 2 a possibility?

<<

sha

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:45 pm

bladerunner 2 a possibility?

okay firstly im new and i apologise in advance if this has been asked before but i,ve picked up on a rumour that there may be a bladerunner 2 in the planning stage , could it have any real truth behind it or just wishful thinking, anyone know anything more, ....personally I don,t think ridley scott or anyone else for that matter could match bladerunner 1
<<

Deckard BR26354

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:15 am

Where did you here this rumour?
Richard Gunn

We each live in our own realities - who's maintaining yours?

The only thing that you can be 100% sure of, is that you can't be 100% sure of anything.
<<

BR12819

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:35 pm

i think that as long as good ole jerry holds the rights there will be no sequel least ways officially we the fans will do what we can

dont mean to hijack the thread but i didnt want to make a whole new topic just to post something that is somewhat related check this out

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=4451

the discription is ALOT like BR
Holden:"It's a wipe out, they're almost us!"
<<

sha

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:46 pm

thanx for the replys I first picked up on the rumour on a site called bladerunner frequently asked questions, which i stumbled upon last night and i plead tiredness as an excuse but i didn't check how recent the site was or how often it was updated, shoulda though, aparently in 1995 Ridley Scott gave an interview in which he said he,d like to do a sequel ect and also in an article in screen international he,s quoted again and mentions sheperton studios but ......nothing so far , still its not a bad site as i got a lot of information about the film I had,nt seen before , if anyone want to go in search of it the article is listed under an article headed The Curse Of Bladerunner.
<<

Partizan

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:56 am

Re: bladerunner 2 a possibility?

sha wrote:okay firstly im new and i apologise in advance if this has been asked before but i,ve picked up on a rumour that there may be a bladerunner 2 in the planning stage , could it have any real truth behind it or just wishful thinking, anyone know anything more, ....personally I don,t think ridley scott or anyone else for that matter could match bladerunner 1

I hope a BR 2 never is made. Sequals always fails, more or less and they often sort off cast a poor shadow on the first one aswell, coz its not alone anymore, theres a sucky sequal aswell.

Sacred movies like BR should be left alone.
"..like tears in rain.."
<<

sha

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:09 am

You've got a very fair point there partizan, I've come round to thinking much the same myself, it's just that Bladerunner seemed to finish at such an exquisite point,and left me screaming for more, I kinda want to know what happens to Deckard and Rachel ect,but then I don't! it basically follows the rules for all great works, it leaves you wanting more!.
Would a sequel match the quality of the Original, well I can't think of one that ever has, but correct me if Im wrong, Bladerunner set a standard that has rarely been matched.
Im looking forward to seeing "Hero" when i can, as everyone I've asked about it has said it's visually stunning.
<<

Partizan

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:36 pm

sha wrote:You've got a very fair point there partizan, I've come round to thinking much the same myself, it's just that Bladerunner seemed to finish at such an exquisite point,and left me screaming for more, I kinda want to know what happens to Deckard and Rachel ect,but then I don't! it basically follows the rules for all great works, it leaves you wanting more!.
Would a sequel match the quality of the Original, well I can't think of one that ever has, but correct me if Im wrong, Bladerunner set a standard that has rarely been matched.
Im looking forward to seeing "Hero" when i can, as everyone I've asked about it has said it's visually stunning.

Nice to see that im not alone in theese thoughs :D
Yes... im screaming for more too, wanna escape into that Blade Runner world/atmosphere again.. and again..movies are my drugs (especially movies like BR) But then i come to my senses and realize what the result would be... disaster and a masterpiece spoiled by a crappy sequal, like many times before :| especially if you make it so many years after the original release, i think i would have accepted a sequal made in -84 or -85 with as many of the original castcrew as possible, but today 22 years later, no no no, leave it alone.

Ive seen Hero and recently Flying Daggers. Hero is a very beutiful movie, better then Crunching tiger and Flying Daggers imho.
"..like tears in rain.."
<<

THX1138

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:24 pm

comingsoon.net is like 90% rumors. some people say stuffe like "i read in an interview that the villan in spider-man 3 will be the green goblin again." and someone will counter-attack it with "oh yeah, well this article says that the director wants to get the venom character out of the way so they said venom was going to be the next villan in spidey 3". its all rumors, i dont even go to that site anymore.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:34 am

<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:08 am

This is bad news...bad, bad news. It looks like Bud Yorkin wants to make some more money. No, the "team" that wrote Eagle Eye are not involved. One of the screenwriters is.

I hope that everyone stays the hell away from the "sequel" books because the only way to raise the suck level of an action movie-style sequel to Blade Runner would be to adapt one of the Jeter novels.

If Keanu Reeves gets involved, I am leaving for the Off-World Colonies for good. :P
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:12 am

I was at the launch of michael deelys new book last night and i can tell you that there is no way there will be another Blade Runner. I do not have time to go into details now as i am behind in work but there were some interesting points and information during his chat.
Will post more info asap and if it is good enough, a audio recording of the session on my website.
Will keep you posted
More human than human
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:45 am

some more info about why it isn't happening...

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00018708.html

Andy
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:12 pm

I am not at home at the moment so just a quick post, i said to him that Halcyon Pictures have picked up the rights to PKD work and that there was talk of a film and even a game, i also mentioned the Eagle Sequel and he looked at me straight in the eye and said "not with Blade Runner they cant"
He also said in the interview that there would not be another Blade Runner.
More human than human
<<

photek

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:20 pm

this thread is a testament to the film and the fans. where else has anyone ever said so emphatically that there should NOT be a sequel (without the original director's participation)?

now THAT is a powerful commentary as to how special one film can be.
FOUR LEGS GOOD, TWO LEGS BAD
- George Orwell
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:42 pm

photek wrote:this thread is a testament to the film and the fans. where else has anyone ever said so emphatically that there should NOT be a sequel (without the original director's participation)?

now THAT is a powerful commentary as to how special one film can be.

The IMDb?
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
Next

Return to The Blade Runner Movie Sequel