FAQ  •  Login

Bladerunner sequel ?

<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:30 pm

I want more stories set in the BR universe, with Ridley's touch...whether they're "sequels" or not doesn't matter...that is why we are so hungry for the unseen footage from the workprint. Also why I like movies like Dark City so much. I WANT MORE...even if expanding on the origional BR story might just ruin things by answering too many questions and getting bogged down into "story detail" like the matrix sequals did. If you could get Ridley and Vangelis working together again...I am sure it would be all good.
<<

Leon Corporation

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:21 am

But these people aren't the people they used to be. Listen to Vangelis now! Really, I don't want him to score anything anymore, although I'm glad he did do Blade Runner in 1982 when his was artistically peaking. The same goes for Ridley. He also peaked at the same period with Alien**** and Blade Runner**** (although Ridley occasionally makes a good comeback: Thelma and Louise ****, Gladiator***) .
Leon Corporation Employee
<<

nexuszix

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:25 am

zoomer_one wrote:How bout a spin off movie like my fan fic. (Hey! No shameless self promotions! *SLAP!*) :o

Nice going there zoomer ,whos going to direct it ?!!

James Cameron would be rubbish ,he can do action but atmosphere and class ? he hasnt got a clue !

btw i thought Gladiator was puke ,overly glossy ,overly clished predictable and to much cgi , plus russell crowe is a walking buttock !

Gluteous maximus !!!
" wake up..time to die !"
<<

Leon Corporation

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:32 am

nexuszix wrote:btw i thought Gladiator was puke ,overly glossy ,overly clished predictable and to much cgi , plus russell crowe is a walking buttock !

Gluteous maximus !!!

Hey, that's why I gave it only three stars!
<<

THX1138

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:48 pm

nexuszix wrote:
zoomer_one wrote:How bout a spin off movie like my fan fic. (Hey! No shameless self promotions! *SLAP!*) :o

Nice going there zoomer ,whos going to direct it ?!!

James Cameron would be rubbish ,he can do action but atmosphere and class ? he hasnt got a clue !

btw i thought Gladiator was puke ,overly glossy ,overly clished predictable and to much cgi , plus russell crowe is a walking buttock !

Gluteous maximus !!!

man, you've got some nerve, lol. can you direct? can you act? can you direct actors? can you do any CGI work? not to get all offensive, but you're being a bit (maybe WAY) too harsh. i think you should take a camera and crew and write up a story and film it, post results here. maybe even learn a 3d program and make us some CGI work that looks nearly as good as gladiator's. i personally feel that if you have an invalid opinion (like no experience in any of the categories), you really cant trash talk anyone's work. so you dont like james cameron, so what,. so you're jealous of russel crowe's looks, so what, dont start talking trash about them.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

nexuszix

Post Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:24 am

man, you've got some nerve, lol. can you direct? can you act? can you direct actors? can you do any CGI work? not to get all offensive, but you're being a bit (maybe WAY) too harsh. i think you should take a camera and crew and write up a story and film it, post results here. maybe even learn a 3d program and make us some CGI work that looks nearly as good as gladiator's. i personally feel that if you have an invalid opinion (like no experience in any of the categories), you really cant trash talk anyone's work. so you dont like james cameron, so what,. so you're jealous of russel crowe's looks, so what, dont start talking trash about them.[/quote]

I think you should get over the fact that i dont like Gladiator mate , so you fancy Russell Crowe too big Deal i dont really give a s**t.....btw if you think someones opinion is invalid try ignoring it next time before you resort to being a child....."so your jealous of Russell Crowes looks" dont be ridiculous.
" wake up..time to die !"
<<

THX1138

Post Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:12 am

ok, so you guys want to do a fanfilm with a blade runner style to it. i think we need to get together a crew to put together one.

zoomer_one, you can come up with a story perhaps, BR12819 can write the script, nexuszix, would you be willing to do anything? im sure you have some skills we can use. would anyone be in favor of getting a small film rolling? i have a few ideas, but i dont know if they're worth your time guys. this should be a new topic os this one doesnt get off-topic spammed.
<<

dabomb

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:10 pm

i think a sequel would be cool, you'll never get the "feel" of the original but it would be cool to see........but then again some sequels do suck...
<<

THX1138

Post Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:48 pm

forget sequels (well, not totally). what about just a film that is set in the BR world? same world, same city, etc... but different plots and storylines that dont follow the blade runners or LAPD. i think future noir would be an awsome title (what else?)
<<

BR12819

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:26 pm

i second dave idea noone would be really happy with a Blade Runner 2 but a movie set in that same universe done right could be very entertaining
Holden:"It's a wipe out, they're almost us!"
<<

THX1138

Post Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:05 pm

for some reason, i have the "tales of the mos eisley cantina" idea in my head, lol., where its just a collection of short stories telling about the lives of misc. people in the movie or books. anyone else read the "tales from/of" series of star wars books? im not saying it should be like those books, but the idea just keeps getting thrown back into my head.
<<

raymccoy

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:01 pm

I think there should be a new Blade Runner movie set in the same world but taking place in New York instead of Los Angeles. I think New York would be a perfect setting for Blade Runner.
<<

zoomer_one

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:25 pm

raymccoy wrote:I think there should be a new Blade Runner movie set in the same world but taking place in New York instead of Los Angeles. I think New York would be a perfect setting for Blade Runner.

Well....guess where my spin off story takes place, hm? :wink:
<<

Leon Corporation

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:18 pm

I would like to see a movie that has a city ... build upon a city ... upon a city. The rich live in the clean upper regions while the ground levels are for the poor and hungry. Here the sun doesn't dare to shine. Sometimes, somebody from the higher levels makes a fall, all the way down ... And our story begins ...
<<

THX1138

Post Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:10 pm

Leon Corporation wrote:I would like to see a movie that has a city ... build upon a city ... upon a city. The rich live in the clean upper regions while the ground levels are for the poor and hungry. Here the sun doesn't dare to shine. Sometimes, somebody from the higher levels makes a fall, all the way down ... And our story begins ...

sounds like a story for an anime.
PreviousNext

Return to The Blade Runner Movie Sequel