ebay DVDs

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

THX1138

Post Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:31 pm

ebay DVDs

ive searched ebay for "blade runner dvd" and found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 12824&rd=1

On the Edge of Blade Runner ? an hour long documentary produced for British television in 2000. It includes interviews with the cast and crew and the infamous deleted ?hospital scene.?

The Syd Mead Art Gallery ? A slide show consisting of over 200 drawings and sketches. Many are images that never made it into the actual film. Set to the Vangelis score, of course.

Harrison Ford on Letterman ? Harrison Ford?s 1982 appearance on Late Night with David Letterman promoting Blade Runner.

Encore?s ?The Directors? clip ? 9-minute segment on Blade Runner featuring interviews with Ridley Scott and Harrison Ford.
# original trailer
# director's cut trailer
# BRAVO documentary clips
# 4 WORKPRINT clips featuring alternate and deleted footage (including Deckard?s completely different narration following Batty?s death ? VERY RARE!!!)
# Two fan-created music videos edited to Blade Runner footage:
# ? Pink Floyd's Welcome to the Machine
# ? Tori Amos' Somewhere Over the Rainbow

***BONUS*** DISK 2 DVD-ROM FEATURES

3 different versions of the Blade Runner script

# ? Hampton Fancher?s original draft ? July 24th 1980
# ? Fancher and David Peoples? draft ? Feb 23rd 1981
# ? Original release draft

3 different Blade Runner soundtracks (over 5 hours of music)
# ? The Esper Edition
# ? The Gongo Edition
# ? The November 2019 Edition

3 Blade Runner screen-savers

?Sci-Fi & the Private Eye? Radio Clip ? Blade Runner radio show from 1982. Also includes 2 promo clips

# 3 Blade Runner theme packs
# 5 Blade Runner fonts
# A Fan?s Notes ? a slide show documenting one fan?s comments and observations.
# The Blade Runner Trivia Test ? this slide show will prove that you don?t know as much about BR as you think you do!
# The Blade Runner Annotated Bibliography ? a slide show of a comprehensive list of many Blade Runner articles and publications.

DISK 3

Contains the holy grail of Blade Runner collectibles - the complete DENVER/DALLAS WORKPRINT!!! The print is very raw?but also very rare!

now this guy has the Bravo collection. im wondering, is this the same footage the ***I*** recorded and Treybor converted? If so, arent we supposed to be entitled to some money? THere's also those music videos there, which has to be illegal. (music video by patrick meaney i think) it looks like a LOT of stuff was stolen here (screensavers, music videos, fonts, themes, articles/writings by fans). im kinda pissed. i dont care about the money, as long as i get some credit for what i did, and others as well. i wasnt even notified of this.

i'd buy it, but the guy has 0 feedback. that's bad news.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

Leon Corporation

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:48 am

The current bidding is at US $122.50.
Leon Corporation Employee
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:09 am

Nasty Men, they'll take it, steal my Precious. Thieves. We hates them... :lol:

Seems like someone toroughly checked out and ripped off BladeZone, BRMovie.com, etc... and the guy didn't gave the sites that Dallas Preview in exchange! We... wants... it...

And yeah, at least he (or she) should give proper credits. Not that I deserve any, but a lot of people here do. They might not be entitled to any money, though, because they don't hold any rights to the material they've helped to gather.
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

THX1138

Post Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:14 pm

SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $130 US !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (note i only cuss/swear when im really really pissed off, or when im gaming)

we all deserve some of the money, since most of the "bonus content" is made by US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i already emailed ebay about the counterfeit DVDs, and the theiving of our material. still no email reply from ebay, but ive still got 30 hours to go.

is anybody else pissed? or just really excited? im not paying more than $50 just to see the dallas version. ill bet its a scam, nobody has the dallas preview.

---EDIT---
i just refreshed the page. in 1 minute, the price jumped $35. is anybody here trying to bid on it?
<<

Deckard BR26354

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:23 pm

I used to get slighly annoyed at people who 'borrowed' stuff from this site and others until I came to realise that nobody has the right to expect any recompense except the Blade Runner Partnership - once you start down the road of demanding money 'for your work' which is actually the intellectual property of someone else then you can expect to find yourself facing a bunch of copyright lawers...

Ebay does attract an awful lot of 'bootleg' items - there is a market for this sort of thing and those who produce and buy it do so at their own risk.

Why not try selling your own edited version of Star Wars - see how long it takes before you're sued for every penny you have...
Richard Gunn

We each live in our own realities - who's maintaining yours?

The only thing that you can be 100% sure of, is that you can't be 100% sure of anything.
<<

Leon Corporation

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:49 pm

$162.50 already!
Leon Corporation Employee
<<

THX1138

Post Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:25 pm

Deckard BR26354 wrote:I used to get slighly annoyed at people who 'borrowed' stuff from this site and others until I came to realise that nobody has the right to expect any recompense except the Blade Runner Partnership - once you start down the road of demanding money 'for your work' which is actually the intellectual property of someone else then you can expect to find yourself facing a bunch of copyright lawers...

Ebay does attract an awful lot of 'bootleg' items - there is a market for this sort of thing and those who produce and buy it do so at their own risk.

YOUR THE EBAY SELLER!!!!! bah, j/k. I kinda agree with you. i would be so pissed, but this guys just a taker. why dont i archive everything form bladezone and brmovie.com and sell it. its not my work, its all your stuff, but i just need quick money. its just not fair ot everyone else. i wouldnt be so mad if the guy actually contributed something, like put up the denver/dallas sneak peak on a p2p network or something or sold a few copies for $5 on the side to devoted BR fans, but he's not even doing that.

if it's someone on these forums selling this DVD, you should PM me about this.

i prefer to leave my stuff free on the internet. but when someone take what ive done (for free) and turns around to sell it, that just ticks me off, especially when im not getting any credit, no money, and no thank you. i think bladezone and brmovie.com should get the money. that'd be enough money for a webhost for a year. two years even.

im kinda weary about posting naything blade runner anymore. nevermind me posting the game soundtrack, im affraid someone's going to burn copies and sell it on ebay. i dont feel safe posting anything anymore. if its a video, i guess trybor and whoever else does videos and stuff better watermark a logo or a name all over the video.

in fact, im very worried now. both BR fan film projects (BR chronicles and BRFA) might become another pawn in someones ebay scheme. we do it for free, and somebody turns around, makes a "special thief edition" DVD and sells it for $200. i just dont feel secure anymore.
<<

Deckard BR26354

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:16 am

No offence, but I think you're missing the point - you have no legal right to make money from someone else's intellectual property. Also, if you post something on the net 'for free' then those people who buy stuff from ebay can also choose to download it for free rather than pay someone several hundred dollars for the same files on a CD/DVD.

Finally, there's no guarantee that the person selling on ebay isn't about to be visited by the FBI and thrown in jail, so his/her fortune may not be in their bank accounts for long anyway.

I do watermark some of the rarer images I post on Bladezone and most are reduced to about a quarter of the size of the original.
Richard Gunn

The only thing that you can be 100% sure of, is that you can't be 100% sure of anything.
<<

THX1138

Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:52 am

Deckard BR26354 wrote:No offence, but I think you're missing the point - you have no legal right to make money from someone else's intellectual property. Also, if you post something on the net 'for free' then those people who buy stuff from ebay can also choose to download it for free rather than pay someone several hundred dollars for the same files on a CD/DVD.

right, so this guy has no right to sell these dvds as well. i dont care about the money. all i want really is an email. i did some work for you guys to get this on the internet. without me or treybor, those clips would probably never make it on the blade runner community, so as i see it, somebody owes treybor and i some credit, a thank you "thank you, im going to be making a blade runner collection, and the clips you put on to the blade runner community will be a prt of it". i agree i have no right to make money, but i do think im entitled to a thank you, am i wrong in wanting this?

so ami the only one a little peeved that stuff from bladezone and brmovie.com was stolen? the creators of those 3 screensavers, the theme packs, and the fonts? you dont care he's selling them?

i should take everything on the bladezone and brmovie.com server, archive them on a cd/dvd, and sell them. from what responses im getting, you should have no problem with that. its not my property, its not yout property. it may be illegal, but hey, others are doing it too, why not i as well? i didnt come here to start a flame war. dont be angry at me because i want some notification. be angry at the person packaging and selling your stuff, alongside a very rare and illegal dvd.
<<

Deckard BR26354

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:27 pm

but i do think im entitled to a thank you, am i wrong in wanting this?

No, I don't think you're wrong to expect a 'thank you' for a job well done, I just don't think you'll get one from the people who rip off other peoples work and sell it on ebay.

It is a shame that you're losing sleep over this, but I'm afraid it's the nature of the net. Anything you post on the net is seen as 'fair game' by a small minority of opportunists who won't hesitate to download and use it for personal gain.

Let's not get away from the fact that what's being sold is (most likely) an illegal copy of a movie - let's hope the video clips aren't yours - if the seller is ever caught and prosecuted he might point the finger at you. :shock:
Richard Gunn

<<

THX1138

Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:43 pm

heh, thanks.

yeah, im a lot more cautious now. im not posting any more media on the internet unless its wtermarked or stamped with my dignatures all over it.
<<

Deckard BR26354

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:37 am

Phew - I thought that was gonna turn nasty then - I am on your side, really :D
Richard Gunn

<<

THX1138

Post Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:39 pm

lol. i try my hardest not to get mean and nasty. usually ill be really pissed, like i was before, then ill cool down and realize there's nothing i can do about it, the world's not going to end, ill jsut go on and forget about it. i try not to get nasty or on anyone's bad side, i dont like enemies. who does?

anyway, maybe someone here has an ebay account and they can contact him. maybe we can talk him into being "fair" (in non-legal terms) and letting us snag a copy of that dallas/denver sneak peak.
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:42 am

Regarding people that take the work of others from the internet and make a profit off it, I've got a phrase that fits like a glove. (Not that I try to morally defend those deeds, but I can see that they do it, just because they... can) Anyway, here's the phrase (you might have heard it before :wink:):

Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch.
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

THX1138

Post Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:59 pm

yup. that used to be my signature on these forums, and its my current sig. on my titanpictures forum account. its a good phrase :-)
Next

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut