Moderator: Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

<<

Leon Corporation

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:13 pm

Who cried, or at least shed a tear...

...during Blade Runner?

I know I did each time at some point during the "Love Theme" scene with Deckard and Rachel. The cinematographic language in that scene is truly incredible.
Leon Corporation Employee
<<

gaijin

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:34 pm

I know I've said it before on another topic in the forum, but the scene where Deckard callously unmasks Rachels true identity (memory implants etc) always moves me. I've always appreciated the fact that the script doesn't give her character any lines after Deckards apology, the camera just concentrates on her face. Sean Young never had a better scene (imho).
The Future Is Old
<<

Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:50 pm

the movie doesn't really hit me like that. Usually its just me sittintg there with my mouth open for two hours. :lol:
Gaff: "You've done a man's job, sir! I guess you are through?"

Deckard: "Finished".
<<

Treybor

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:02 pm

never cried... but was very moved by Rachel's statement:

"I'm not IN the business....I AM the business...."
Welcome to the Treybortorium! Rooms are $100 a night, but padded cells are free....
<<

THX1138

Post Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:10 pm

this is such a sissy girly post, lol.

j/k. i never cried, but actually felt more moved (you could call it sympathetic) when rachel is finding out she's a replicant (the spider memory).
<<

Leon Corporation

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:34 pm

Well, it might be girly for you machos to admit you cried but at least I can honestly say that I was deeply touched by the film's beauty and sadness. Maybe you guys only scratched the film's surface and still have no real clue of what Blade Runner is all about. :lol:
<<

gaijin

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:32 pm

Leon Corporation wrote:Well, it might be girly for you machos to admit you cried but at least I can honestly say that I was deeply touched by the film's beauty and sadness. Maybe you guys only scratched the film's surface and still have no real clue of what Blade Runner is all about. :lol:

Now that really hurts. I'd be reaching for my shotgun it I didn't have to wash my hair tonight :cry:
The Future Is Old
<<

BR796164

Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:45 am

The rach/deck scene never affected me that much, but i consider the Tears in rain scene to be very uplifting. The music during that scene is beatiful and has a great deal on the result. Years ago I used to tear a bit when I watched it, but not anymore. I watched it too many times I guess.
Still it's the most beatiful scene for me.
<<

Nakano KalRonin

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:53 pm

Leon Corporation wrote:Well, it might be girly for you machos to admit you cried but at least I can honestly say that I was deeply touched by the film's beauty and sadness. Maybe you guys only scratched the film's surface and still have no real clue of what Blade Runner is all about. :lol:

Well I've never cried for any of the movie. The Tears in Rain scene with Roy speaks to me and is very poetic. I think you like the movie for what grabs you the most. I for one, love the scenery, the atmosphere, and the different look of 2019. The characters are very interesting and the whole movie almost speaks to you like a poem. The action is great when there is some, and dos'nt go overboard and seems like how a real person would react in the life or death situations in the movie instead of acting like a super being.
<<

BR12819

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:13 am

i cant say blade runner has ever moved me to tears im gonna try having a drink or two and see how it goes i guess i have to really get into it

but thats not to say ive never had a film choke me up i'll admit that at the end of X-men the scene with Logan and Rouge on the statue of liberty with the music also while not a movie the final episode of Cowboy Bebop i dont watch because i'll shed a tear or two
Holden:"It's a wipe out, they're almost us!"
<<

Leon Corporation

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:44 am

It takes a real man to cry and that's why, sir, I'll let you live!

Famous quote from Gaff (after he shot Rachel) taken from the Blade Runner II trailer.
<<

THX1138

Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:02 am

haaa, in the words of my Am. history teacher "ahh, yes yes, good good, witty witty." he loves witty quotes like that. nice one.

i must go back and fix what i said before, because i didnt really clarify. when i frist watched blade runner, i was in a state of depression, so my emotions and thoughts werent what they would normally be. i bought the dvd the same time, and watched it throughout this incident, so i cant really say how i felt when i first saw it...those werent my true feelings or emotions.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

tyrellsowl

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:55 am

Re: Who cried, or at least shed a tear...

The second time I watched Blade Runner on DVD (the 2006 re-issue of the director's cut) I was at the brink of tears when Roy died. The first time, I watched it with Mum and went: "Is he dead?" and went all solemn and quiet.

:D
<<

The White Dragon

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:43 am

Re: Who cried, or at least shed a tear...

One time while watching Blade Runner I started to cry about half way through because I realized my bottle of Old Grandad was almost empty... so, so sad...I think that was the only time though...

Return to Blade Runner Round Table