Elite Rep Detector

Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:57 pm

Okay, it's now 37.
<<

Patryk Wawer

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:50 pm

THX1138 wrote:i have three banners on my website. i didnt have any ideas on what to put for text, so i tried my best.

what should each banner say? i'll make more if they require any changes.

www.dac1138.com, is my website, go there and get a banner for your website.

they are pretty simple.

could you make them more grahips intens?
for example, the banner should tel why the BR movie is so awesome, perhaps you could add some stills from the movie.
the text is great and very clear only it needs more grahpihx.
<<

THX1138

Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:07 am

i was thinking of doing that, instead of just plane black background, i wanted to put some hades landscapes in, and the cityscape, but i didn thave any pictures. now i remember treybor had sent me some, so ill go home tonight and remake them.

other news: about a month ago, lucasarts has announced that it has cancelled its production on sam & max 2, after 6 months in production. as well as this, they have stopped making Full Throttle 2. there's a petition online already. its only been out for a few weeks, and it already has over 18870 Total Signatures. dont give up hope guys. and this is just a game.
http://www.petitiononline.com/LACOSAM/petition.html
<<

sir kris

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:19 pm

um 73 signatures so far, not bad as long as it keeps up at this rate :D
Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?
<<

Eli Booker

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:24 pm

Yeah, lets give it a few months, see what happens, I will continue to push the petition where I can. It's not getting support from everyone though. Some folks seem to think it will have a negtive effect on the release, so they are refusing to support it.
<<

sir kris

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:38 pm

yeh I see brmovie has even posted a link to it but is of the opinion that it's more likely to just piss Jerry off more... I wonder. I just want everyone to see just how many fans want this thing released, surely that must count for something positive...
<<

Eli Booker

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:47 pm

I am of the opinion, strongly of the opinion, that nothing will change if we do nothing. I just can't even imagine having the attitude that if we just sit quietly by and don't upset them, they will somehow change their minds. How will people know anything unless you tell them? Unless you speak up for yourself and tell them what you want?

I am also of the opinion if we, as fans, conduct ourselves professionally and respectfully toward the goal of having the film released in a special edition than we won't upset anyone, and they will understand that people want to see this special edition boxed set.

I think part of the problem may be that the blade runner partnership doesn't know what kind of the fan base the film has. Perhaps they think the special edition won't sell, I don't know.

Should it be this much work just to have a company release a 3 dvd boxed set of a film from 1982?? NO, it should not! :) But I truly love the film, and I really want to see it get it's due.
<<

Eli Booker

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:53 pm

sir kris wrote:yeh I see brmovie has even posted a link to it but is of the opinion that it's more likely to just piss Jerry off more... I wonder. I just want everyone to see just how many fans want this thing released, surely that must count for something positive...

Yeah, I kind of went off on him (netrunner) in their newsgroup. I felt really bad after posting my reply, wondered if I should have worded it differently, but it was an honest reaction to his posting. Just bugs me that he thinks we should just sit around and wait. I don't believe a petition, or fans making noise, is bound to reverse any "delicate" negotiations. My understanding is that there are no negotiations, just bad blood.

But you know what, sometimes people need to get upset before things change for the better, so who knows. It's not like if they get angry it'll make any difference anyway right? We'll still be without a decent release of the film! :)
<<

Patryk Wawer

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:25 pm

But you know what, sometimes people need to get upset before things change for the better, so who knows. It's not like if they get angry it'll make any difference anyway right? We'll still be without a decent release of the film!

i agree with that.

as said i want to put a banner on my sites to this online petition, i'm only waiting till we have a really good banner to show off.
i also might try to make something, but my time is short for the moment which also keeps me off from the Animated Blade Runner movie project.
<<

Eli Booker

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:17 pm

This is interesting, now we know what Jerry looks like anyway. :)

http://www.commoncause.org/justwatch/pi ... oneerID=23
<<

sir kris

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:48 am

Eli Booker wrote:This is interesting, now we know what Jerry looks like anyway. :)

http://www.commoncause.org/justwatch/pi ... oneerID=23

hmmmm so THAT's what the guy looks like EH? (doesn't look like a BR fan to me :roll: ) Petition is at 104 as of this very point in time, looking good me thinks...
<<

BR796164

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:08 am

Ah... uh and how a typical BR fan looks like then? :?:
<<

sir kris

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:38 am

not like Jerry! naw was just being sarcastic :) , Jerry is known to have hated the movie so he obviously isn't a fan...
In a Warner Home Video interview (from the brmovie site) they had this to say about the status of BR SE:
"You all know BLADE RUNNER has legal issues. We are currently investigating what options we have to revisit the title."
I wonder if they'll consider releasing the original 1982 theatrical on dvd first? That would be a good start at least... :D
106 now
<<

hansen

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:14 pm

178 he he
<<

Patryk Wawer

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:38 am

it's going great