FAQ  •  Login

Blade Runner SE Article in New York Times Online!!!!!

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

THX1138

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:54 pm

yeah. i mean, ill bet lots of people already wanted to buy the licence, but its a personal thing, and he does want to see BR fail. obviously it is a personal thing, because hey, who doesnt want to make $millions$? just from a puny license for a movie that failed at the box office.

so, who's up for a fundraiser, lol. (just kidding)
<<

BRmovie

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:12 pm

Quite a staggering number of people under 25 have not only heard of Blade Runner, but regard it as a classic. Some even get to study it in relation to Film Studies courses etc.

Perenchio is a dick. He hates Scott to the extreme. He has billions of dollars and probably just does not care if the BR:SE DVD gets released. Or perhaps he would like it to be, but wants a huge chunk of the profits. Now that BR is so widely recognised as a major classic and loved by so many, these profits will be significant in real terms, (but irrelevant to a billionaire).

Maybe we have to wait until he dies... No, I am not encouraging anybody to hasten that event, but if you do... I know some people who would make it worth your while ... <ahem> forget I said that... 8)
Visit www.BRmovie.com - Web home of alt.fan.blade-runner, The Blade Runner FAQ, News, Encyclopedia, Analysis, BR Game, BR comic, BR Magazine, fan fiction and lots more!
<<

BRmovie

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:15 pm

Oh and just for the record, the BR:SE is not "almost finished". Scott did his work on the film, but the rest of the DVD production still has a great deal of work left to do on it. So, even when (if) the production restarts and we hear about that, it will still be months before it is released.
Visit www.BRmovie.com - Web home of alt.fan.blade-runner, The Blade Runner FAQ, News, Encyclopedia, Analysis, BR Game, BR comic, BR Magazine, fan fiction and lots more!
<<

BR796164

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:28 am

hehehe... 8)
<<

Leon Corporation

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:13 am

BRmovie wrote:Oh and just for the record, the BR:SE is not "almost finished". Scott did his work on the film, but the rest of the DVD production still has a great deal of work left to do on it. So, even when (if) the production restarts and we hear about that, it will still be months before it is released.

I guess a can wait a little while longer, as long as the restored (new) print is safe for further deterioration . Anybody knows where they keeping it? Is it already transferred to disk?

Leon Corporation Employee
<<

ROBOCOP

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:14 pm

Why don't we just assassinate Perinchio :D j/k, whats wrong with the man, i mean come on, he's like astale old man crying over spilt milk. I wouldn't be surprised if he wound up in a gutter facing down after the sh** he's been kicking our way.
<BR>
<BR>"What are you prepared to do?"-John T Cable
<<

Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:45 am

I hate to say it but i've pretty much abandoned hope of seeing this DVD in the next decade, I was giddy from 2000-mid2003 and now i need to realize the truth. This SE will be held in limbo for as long as these greedy motherless swine can keep it there.
Gaff: "You've done a man's job, sir! I guess you are through?"

Deckard: "Finished".
<<

THX1138

Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:11 pm

yeah, me too. i kinda gave up hope a few weeks ago. but, there's still that little bit left. im still not going to give up trying to get one though, i can still try that, so there is hope left. im still up for any suggestions on what we can do to get one.
<<

Eli Booker

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:33 pm

Cripes, I haven't given up any hope at all. I have personally started a letter writing campain to Perenchio, and plan to send at least 3 letters a week to him until he lets Warners release the special edition. Even if it takes years. I have started sending emails to everyone and enyone I can at univision, very polite emails explaining how much fans of the film would like to see the special edition, asking them to forward the email to Jerry. It should get folks talking.

Same with the letter I'm sending to Perenchio, just a polite letter stating what a fan I am of the film, and how much I would like to see Ridley put together a 3 disc set. Being nasty with him won't get anyone anywhere. My hope is that the message may get through to him, and if he's as generous as his friends say he is, he'll understand that maybe some folks don't care about the in fighting, they just love the film. I'm hoping that after all this time he'll let go of the negative stuff, and just want to make a few bucks. I know he's a billionaire, but he didn't get that way by turning away from money making ideas, did he?

If everyone one of us started writing letters, and continued to send them one after the other, that would make a statement. Nothing is going to change on it's own, and Perenchio may have no idea what a following the film has.

I am still talking to people about the petition as well.
<<

THX1138

Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:02 pm

EliBooker: wow, you're really taking some initiative on getting this thing out. i commend you for this. is there anything you want me to do?

i think that if we can just get at least one letter/email to him, we can probably get him to come to these forums and talk to us personally and give us a good reason he's not releasing the DVD.

strange thing. i was looking (gazing for inspiration) at my blade runner poster yesterday, and saw Jerry's name, and remembered the SE:DVD's and wondered if anyone has posted anything recent. this was just yesterday.

so is there any more news?
<<

sir kris

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:53 pm

THX1138 wrote:EliBooker: wow, you're really taking some initiative on getting this thing out. i commend you for this. is there anything you want me to do?

i think that if we can just get at least one letter/email to him, we can probably get him to come to these forums and talk to us personally and give us a good reason he's not releasing the DVD.

strange thing. i was looking (gazing for inspiration) at my blade runner poster yesterday, and saw Jerry's name, and remembered the SE:DVD's and wondered if anyone has posted anything recent. this was just yesterday.

so is there any more news?

just tell me where I can sign the petition and where I can mail or email a letter pleading for this release, I'm totally for all of this, com'on lets get this SE:DVD released already! 8)
Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?
<<

Leon Corporation

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:58 pm

Imagine you're walking to your local DVD store and then suddenly, without warning, you stumble upon the 3-disc Blade Runner SE DVD. Would your heart skip a beat?
Leon Corporation Employee
<<

Eli Booker

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:19 pm

sir kris wrote:
just tell me where I can sign the petition and where I can mail or email a letter pleading for this release, I'm totally for all of this, com'on lets get this SE:DVD released already! 8)

The first post in this thread has the address I'm using. The petition may not happen on my end, I can't get more than a few people here actually interested in it, I have considered an email petition but I'd much rather start something in the real world, perhaps each of us can start a petition in their city, and after a certain amount of time, say two months, everyone who volunteered to do it in their city can send them to me, and I can take it from there? What do you say? Any takers?

I need to start a website for this, don't I? Yes I do.

OK, I will get a page up shortly that will be devoted to this purpose, and we'll have a central hub to work from.

What I'm planning on doing here is trying to have a showing of Blade Runner at the local Tampa Theater and start the petition there, get everyone who shows to sign the thing. That should be a decent kick start I think.
<<

sir kris

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:23 pm

meanwhile mabye we could start here? http://www.petitiononline.com :D
Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?
<<

Eli Booker

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:54 pm

sir kris wrote:meanwhile mabye we could start here? http://www.petitiononline.com :D

OK, I think I crashed the site setting up the petition. :)
PreviousNext

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut