FAQ  •  Login

Possible issues with the BR Special Edition?

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

Precinct

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:57 pm

Possible issues with the BR Special Edition?

Last edited by Precinct on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Deckard BR26354

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:06 pm

As we all know, the beauty of the DVD format is that they put several versions of the same movie on the same disc - even if they do re-cut some scenes they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they didn't include the original versions on the DVD.
Richard Gunn

We each live in our own realities - who's maintaining yours?

The only thing that you can be 100% sure of, is that you can't be 100% sure of anything.
<<

BR12819

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:04 pm

im with deck on this one i believe and hope that this will be more of a box set for the fans with a new version and pleanty of extras and being that there are goin to be mutiple versions watch the one you like its basicly the same thing now you have the DC and OV watch the one you like
Holden:"It's a wipe out, they're almost us!"
<<

Precinct

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:19 am

Last edited by Precinct on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

BR12819

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:43 pm

wow actually i think a new theatrical release would be great crappy inserts or not so many of us including me havent had the opportunity to see BR on the big screen but i shouldnt be getting my hopes up jus yet

so i guess what im saying is that a new theatrical release wouldnt be all bad
Holden:"It's a wipe out, they're almost us!"
<<

Eli Booker

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:52 pm

Precinct wrote:I suppose like with 'Alien', they will have started by transferring the original negative to digital format and scrubbing it up. Then , i assume, Ridders will have assembled his definitive cut from this new 'print.'
If it sucks then we are left with the original version to watch, but i doubt they will go to the trouble of reassembling this using the new enhanced negs.
My point is, that there may be certain concessions to be made to the backers with a view to a possible cinema release, For instance, an excuse to print 'contains scenes never seen before!' on the posters, would be to re-insert the awful 'holden and the hospital' scene rather than it just being an extra on the disc. This could lead to cuts elsewhere.

If you don't mind me saying so, you seem to have a very negative outlook here. It's NOT going to suck.

I enjoyed the theatrical release of alien immensely. I have faith that Ridley Scott knows his own material enough to give us an entertaining experience. Not every single second of blade runner has to be the same for the film to work, and be amazing. He's not going to "butcher" his own work, as say, Lucas did.

I enjoyed the changes made to alien. I enjoy the original alien as well. Just like blade runner. I like the narrated version. Not as much as I like the director's cut, but it's still very very watchable, and enjoyable. It's the film I fell in love with in 1983 when I saw it.

Watching alien in the theater it struck me how it could have been a recent film. Just looked that good, and was that amazing to see on a big screen again. I would love to see Blade Runner in theaters again. I would love to see a deluxe edition DVd with the work print, and deleted scenes, and a commentary, and anything and everything they want to give us!!

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut