FAQ  •  Login

SciFiWire.com about BR SE

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

BR796164

Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 6:27 am

SciFiWire.com about BR SE

ScifiWire.com has in early 2002 published an article about BR SE, quoting Ridley.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main ... 11.00.film

Ridley Scott confirmed to SCI FI Wire that he is overseeing production of a definitive director's-cut DVD of his SF classic film Blade Runner, which will be released later this year by Warner Brothers Home Video. "What we're doing is re-mixing digitally and reprinting off the original negative," Scott said in an interview. "So we'll have a new version."

Scott added, "It won't be dramatically different, but it will be as beautiful as it should be. Blade Runner was a beautiful-looking film, and what most of this generation has seen are bad tapes. Thank God for DVD, because DVD at least resurrects the thing to the original sound and picture quality. I'd love people to be able to see it big, and that's what I'm doing."

The happy ending and Harrison Ford's voice-over, both forced upon Scott back in 1982, will vanish. "He is a replicant," Scott said, referring to Ford's character, replicant hunter Deckard. Scott, currently in theaters with Black Hawk Down, but not attached to any subsequent project, also acknowledged that he would consider revisiting the world of his other SF classic, Alien. Word is that he's already met with Sigourney Weaver to discuss Ripley's next possible--and likely final--adventure. "Oh yeah," he said. "I would do it."

Some things have probably changed since then, f.e. Scott is no longer interested in making Alien 5. Cameron is interested in it. And he wants to bring in Arnold Schwarzenegger. Uh, I don't know if I like it...
<<

The Dark Knight

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:31 am

Early 2002? I just want to know what the hold up is..is he aiming for the 25th anniversary now or what? Perhaps he is going to put Blade Runner up against the original Star Wars movies when they come out on DVD, along with the boxset of all 4 Terminator movies.. :cry:
<<

BR796164

Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:06 am

Nope, the article says>
"which will be released later this year"

The article itself has been written in January 2002.
<<

Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:06 pm

Re: SciFiWire.com about BR SE

BR796164 wrote:And he wants to bring in Arnold Schwarzenegger. Uh, I don't know if I like it...

Kyle Reese worked in Aliens, The Terminator himself wouldnt be bad at all!
Gaff: "You've done a man's job, sir! I guess you are through?"

Deckard: "Finished".
<<

Deckard BR26354

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:08 pm

Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349 wrote:Kyle Reese worked in Aliens, The Terminator himself wouldnt be bad at all!

You mean 'Dwain', right?
Richard Gunn

We each live in our own realities - who's maintaining yours?

The only thing that you can be 100% sure of, is that you can't be 100% sure of anything.
<<

BR796164

Post Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:12 am

o_O

Michael Biehn is not Laurence Olivier, but I would not compare his acting abilities to Schwarzenegger's in my worst nightmare!

and...

We have this Aliens vs. Predator disgusting crossover... What comes next?
Aliens vs. Terminator?
Aliens vs. Batman?
Aliens vs. Teletubbies?

:roll:
<<

The Dark Knight

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:47 am

Deckard vs Bat(man)ty

:oops:
<<

Tomtrek

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:25 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Deckard vs Bat(man)ty

:oops:

:cry:

BR796164, there's already an Alien vs. Predator vs. Batman comic.

AvP, was very cool, espiecally the games.

"They don't advertise for killers in the newspaper. That was my profession. Ex-cop. Ex-blade runner. Ex-killer. "
<<

THX1138

Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:58 pm

i just read that "sad" article, lol. by sad, i mean...there no happy ending scene ? i though both cuts will be in the movie ??? original, and directors cut. i'll never see the full movie with voice-over if that happens.

ive checked like 50 mom-and-pop video shops in the past year looking for the original version. i want to hear the voiceover...and happy ending...will this be taken out ???
<<

Equinox21

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:49 am

Try the Laserdisc... I believe that has the theatrical cut... if you have a LD player, of course.

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut