FAQ  •  Login

Blade Runner Sequel

<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri May 09, 2003 6:25 am

What about the sequals???<BR>Evil Dead 2<BR>Bride of Frankenstein<BR>Star Trek2 The Wrath of Kahn<BR>
<<

Anti-Rep Warmachine

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Sat May 10, 2003 3:17 pm

X-Men 2 was pretty much better than the original and plus it was longer.
[addsig]
(Image link removed by Deckard BR26354 - cannot crosslink from other site)
"Bi-Lal Kaifa." -A Fremen saying
<<

Post Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:09 am

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE><BR>On 2003-05-09 11:27, The Dark Knight wrote:<BR><!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE><!-- BBCode Start --><I>Originally posted by endzem</I><!-- BBCode End --><BR><!-- BBCode Start --><B>The Godfather II <BR>Empire Strikes Back <BR>Superman II <BR>Jaws II <BR>Aliens <BR>Terminator 2 <BR>Indian Jones III </B><!-- BBCode End --></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End --><BR><BR>I hope you don\'t mind if I interject here as a sequel discussion..the first 3 yes I\'d agree with but..<BR><BR><!-- BBCode Start --><B>Jaws 2</B><!-- BBCode End -->? OK film, not a patch on the original though.<BR><!-- BBCode Start --><B>Aliens</B><!-- BBCode End -->: Good enjoyable film, though lacks Scotts class.<BR><!-- BBCode Start --><B>Terminator 2</B><!-- BBCode End -->: Good film, just doesn\'t hit the spot like the original.<BR><!-- BBCode Start --><B>Indiana Jones 3</B><!-- BBCode End -->: IMHO this is absolute rubbish. Poor mans <!-- BBCode Start --><B>Raiders of the Lost Ark</B><!-- BBCode End --> with very few redeeming features.<BR><BR><!-- BBCode Start --><B>Toy Story 2</B><!-- BBCode End --> is a fantastic sequel, definitely better than the original. <!-- BBCode Start --><B>French Connection 2</B><!-- BBCode End --> is a great sequel, probably not quite as good as the original but arguably a better performance by Hackman.<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End --><BR><BR>A quick words on sequels (mind you, this is my own opinion & I\'m not slamming anyone\'s tastes):<BR><BR>Superman II -- NEVER should have been made unless Dick Donner was allowed to direct it as originally planned (& shot! S I & II were filmed back to back, but the Salkinds\' falling out prompted them to hire Dick Lester to finish what became a trend in debacles).<BR><BR>Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade -- While not *quite* up to \"Raiders\"\' standards, infintely better than \"Temple of Doom\". Talk about \"absolute rubbish\"!<BR><BR>Anywhoo, it says a lot about BR that people wish to see the characters carry on beyond what\'s available. I admit, if it was done well, I\'d love to see a sequel, but let\'s face it; it\'ll never happen. Ridley won\'t do it \'cos he doesn\'t like to repeat himself, Harrison won\'t do it \'cos he loathes the experiences he had during filming, & without those two, the movie would absolutely pale by comparison. I rather enjoyed Keith Jeter\'s BR books (though I\'ve not read \"BR 4 -- Eye & Talon\" yet), but again, there are issues of actors reprising roles 20+ years hence.<BR><BR>Several people have stated that they\'d like to see the ideas put forth in BR expanded upon. So would I, but that does not a sequel make. It\'s just a continuation of PKD\'s / Ridley\'s vision.<BR><BR>Personally, I\'ll settle for the solitary masterpiece that\'s been given us (& wait for the ever-elusive 3-DVD set) as opposed to any inferior attempt at a sequel.
<<

ROBOCOP

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:36 pm

[quote] The Godfather II
Empire Strikes Back
Superman II
Jaws II
Aliens
Terminator 2
Indian Jones III
[quote]

I think Godfather one was better (only takes place in one time).

And T2 sucks compared to the intelligence, ingenuity, revolutionary spirit of the original. I love all James Cameron films but T2 is a bit of a rehash of the original so therefore is not original, and therefore is not the original :)

Aliens, yeah ok i'll hand you that one.

Indy III, yeah seeing Connery and Ford going at each other was great.

What, Empire is the most boring of the SW trilogy, it doesn't match the new and never before seen feel of the original.
<BR>
<BR>"What are you prepared to do?"-John T Cable
Previous

Return to The Blade Runner Movie Sequel