FAQ  •  Login

Favorite Scene

Moderator: Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

<<

SpookyBoy

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:38 pm

Deck blows away Priss.<BR>Its not a clean kill. The fact he has to shoot her again. The whole image and sounds demonstrates how filthy and horrible "retiring" is. Its isn't often you see a shooting betrayed so.<BR>The fact that Pris flays around like a wounded animal makes it disturbing.<BR>Battys reaction goes well into the realms of empathy.
[addsig]
I am The CHEESE!
<<

Anti-Rep Warmachine

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:37 am

Well I don't like the scene when Deckard open fires and retires Zhora, but the chase scene through the crowded streets is my favorite. Confusion and anticipation.
[addsig]
(Image link removed by Deckard BR26354 - cannot crosslink from other site)
"Bi-Lal Kaifa." -A Fremen saying
<<

tom_wilde

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:08 am

my fave scene is at the end with the unicorn origami which ties everything together neatly (in the DC cut) I had seen the original cut before the DC and I rememeber suddenly having this epiphiny - it all fell into place and what I'd suspected to be the case was now qualified and proven.<BR><BR>fab
RIP PKD.
<<

SpookyBoy

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:43 pm

Goddamnit. I like the whole frickin' film.<BR>So there!
[addsig]
I am The CHEESE!
<<

Kobold2001

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:49 pm

Whew, it's more like which is my least favbourite scene... (which happenes to be chew's lab, and zhora's dressing room.

Ok, my fave scenes are: Rachael's VK, the scene in Deck's room with the 'love theme' music (I love that track), and the penultimate scene with Roy's final speech and Gaff's final comments.
"More human than human" is our motto....
<<

Deckard BR26354

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:14 pm

If I had to pick a favourite scene it would be Deck on his apt balcony watching the world go by - the music carries over into the scene that introduces Pris walking in the rain towards the Bradbury.
Richard Gunn

We each live in our own realities - who's maintaining yours?

The only thing that you can be 100% sure of, is that you can't be 100% sure of anything.
<<

Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:53 pm

Roy saving Deckard, and the "things you people wouldn't believe"
Gaff: "You've done a man's job, sir! I guess you are through?"

Deckard: "Finished".
<<

Mr. Fusion

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:04 pm

Wouldn't say it's my favorite scene but personally for me the scene with Zhora's corpse lying in the pool of broken glass with Deckard standing over her surrounded by neon....whenever I think about BR this image is always the first to pop into the cranium.

Probably because several years ago I was attending a Sci-Fi Marathon and they were showing Blade Runner (on the big screen no less) and I was on my way out the door for dinner during that scene and that's the last image I saw before throwing open the door (this was way back before i had developed my deep appreciation for the film).

I still tear up everytime I think about walking out on the oppurtunity to see my favorite film on that bigass screen. Stupid teen years.
<<

Tomtrek

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:31 am

Another favourate scene is right at the end, when Deckard picks up the Unicorn, remembers Gaff's words, and gives a little nod.
It's just those subtle things that can change your entire perception of the film.

Oh, and the whole Taffy's Snake Pit scene (see quote in sig :wink: ).

"They don't advertise for killers in the newspaper. That was my profession. Ex-cop. Ex-blade runner. Ex-killer. "
<<

darko9688

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:39 pm

I luv the scene where Deck goes to the top of the bradbury building to find Pris. It strikes me so much because he can't tell whether she is a toy or not. Which raises the question, are replicants really that life-like?

Another fave is the shot where the hover car is rising for the first time. (Scene with Gaff).
<<

Rivethead

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:40 pm

Way too good a film for just one, so here are my three fave scenes.

1. The opening scene flying over the city and slowly moving in to the Tyrell bilding.

2. Deck and Gaff in the hovercraft, the entire takeoff and flight to the Police station scene.

3. Deck in his apartment, with "Bladerunner Blues" playing, and moving out onto the balcony scene and looking out on the city
<<

Rollins

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:43 am

The scene that sticks out the most is when Deckard is about to fall to his death and Roy saves him. The fact that a replicant shows how much he values life and how life can end in the blink of an eye. There was no reason why Roy had to save Deckard, he chose to. It signified how much Roy valued life and how much it meant to him to live on. Four years isn't a long time and most people take four years for granted.
When you have a limited life span every minute counts. All the magnificent things he had seen and wasn't able to share. All lost like "Tears in the rain."
<<

gerdpee

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:37 pm

The opening scene showing the "dystopian" 2019 LA with Vangelis music in the background.
<<

mike81859

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:16 am

My favorite scene is when Rick meets Rachel for the first time. The scenery is really cool. Ancient Egyptian meets the 21st century. With the setting sun right at the almost center. Then Tyrrell pushes the button for the blind to lower...that is really awesome film making.

This scene told me much about the three characters with Tyrrell welcoming Rick to his world. A place that is inviting but I wouldn't want to stay too long. A place where the host wants entertained and taught, and then to teach as well. The world according to Tyrrell...... take it or leave it (and one can by going off-world).

mike81859
Thank you Blade Zone!
<<

hansen

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:31 am

Gaff and Deckard at the noodle stand.
PreviousNext

Return to Blade Runner Round Table