FAQ  •  Login

Hong Kong Only version

Moderator: BR796164

<<

Post Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:18 pm

I bought the game from somebody on eBay a while ago, and have recently just started playing it. The game freezes after I enter the shooting range, and I'm not sure if it's because I'm running Windows XP or possibly because I have the Hong Kong version of the game. My discs say For Hong Kong Only on them, however the game plays with english dialog. Does anybody know of any differences between the US/Foreign versions of the game? Thanks.
<<

THX1138

Post Thu Mar 20, 2003 3:35 am

I have a chinese friend, and like 99% of all his games are "cheap copies" from china, meaning illegal copies. china it the pirate copy capital of the world, and it is possible you dont have a legitimate copy of the game. since it it not legitimate, SOMETIMES they make you do strange stuff in order to play the game correctly (dont ask me why, i have non idea). for example, my friend has a "cheap copy" of Command & Conquer, red alert 2, and in order to play the game, as soon as the autorun menu opens, he has to hit H 2 or something, otherwise the game wont run well or wont run at all. <BR> <BR>i dont know what to do in your case, but im just telling you that it may not be a legit. copy, and you MAY need the special key combo thing. I would just buy an american version, i saw 3 copies for $9 at a local GameStop store here. <BR> <BR>Its not because your running windows xp, because im running it ans mine works fine. and itsnot because its chinese, because like i said, my friends chinese and he plays all sorts of chinese games on an english computer.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

THX1138

Post Fri Mar 21, 2003 12:00 pm

does this help any ? <BR>not very encouraging, in know.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton

Return to The Blade Runner Game