Re: Ridley Scott has just signed on

Yes, bring back the trinity. Scott, Vangelis, and Mead... [-o<
<<

endzem

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:53 am

Wow! I am speachless... I have been AWOL from the BZ forums for almost 2 years, and upon revisiting today, I find this amazing gem of news?!! How exciting! If anyone can pull off a decent re-visiting of the BR world, it's Ridely Scott.

I agree with the member that posted a possible comparison to this being like the SW: Episode 1 hype. I will not get my hopes up too much for lightling to "strike twice"...but it sure would be nice if it did! =D>
<<

endzem

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:48 pm

I know Scott has mentioned the likely hood of “no original cast members”, but I’d love to see at least a cameo of Edward J. Olmos as Gaff. By now, Gaff could be the captain of the Rep-Detect department in L.A. It would be nice to hear some “Cityspeak” again. :D
<<

nexuszix

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:58 am

I cant imagine what its going to be like, how on earth can it live up to BR1 ?? plus Ridleys past his sell by date now IMO i;m not holding out much hope of it being that great to be honest...
" wake up..time to die !"
<<

Deck-A-Cylon

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:11 pm

In one way i'm kind of dreading a new BR movie (memories of Lucas cr*pping on my childhood with the SW prequels are still fresh!), and on another, i'm quite excited! I think we can get a good idea as to whether Ridley 'still has it' with the release and ultimate reception and fanboy views of Prometheus ( I cannot wait!). If it is a success, then I think Ridley can go ahead with BR2.

Anyhow, I dont mind revisitng the Blade Runner world who wouldn't! I'd give an arm just to see another Spinner in the sky! Or hear Vangelis' soothing synth once again (thats if he returns for the music!) I just hope he (Ridley) see's sense and maybe goes in another direction or storyline than making it about Deckard. I cannot envision anyone other than Harrsion Ford as Deck!
''...oh yeah, I knew he was a cylon..replicant I mean'' (James Olmos makes a Gaff - no pun intended!!! - BLADE RUNNER 5 Disc Collectors Edition)
Previous

Return to The Blade Runner Movie Sequel