FAQ  •  Login

The Blade Runner Prequel/Sequel Debate

Should there be a prequel/sequel to Blade Runner?

yes
49%
no
51%

Total votes : 39
<<

Ambiguous

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:39 pm

Re: The Blade Runner Prequel/Sequel Debate

OWC wrote:Personally speaking, I don't give a damn what they do with a sequel/prequel as long as it gets the original back in cinemas.

I second this. I just saw all three Lord of the Rings films in theaters again. Perfect projections! Just the thought of seeing Blade Runner projected like that takes my breath away.
<<

cudaclan

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:10 pm

With the alternate adaptations of BR, I can conceive a prequel and sequel simultaneously. The Terminator series is centered on this principle. Tron pioneered a culture that was in its infancy at that time. It is a coin toss on the CGI of Jeff Bridges, either it is accepted or unnatural to some. If Harrison Ford is willing to partake in the role of cowboy sci-fi, returning to make a cameo appearance would be peachy. The controversy of Deckard being human or replicant can be put to rest. Deckard’s (human) introduction to the replicant version (similar to Tron Legacy) is a storyline one can dabble in. Two detectives collaborating for a common goal.
<<

cudaclan

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri May 18, 2012 3:12 pm

<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Tue May 22, 2012 8:40 pm

If I had my way, I woud stop the sequel from happening. Äs much a s I love the Blade Runner universe, I think it should left as a standalone film. But we know it will happen. Sooner or later...
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

Previous

Return to The Blade Runner Movie Sequel