FAQ  •  Login

Which version do you show first-time viewers?

Moderator: dmohrUSC

Which version of Blade Runner do you show first-time viewers?

Theatrical: Domestic
20%
Theatrical: International
No votes
1992 Director's Cut
No votes
Final Cut
80%

Total votes : 5
<<

Ambiguous

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:02 am

Which version do you show first-time viewers?

If I want to watch Blade Runner, I usually just pick the version I'm in the mood for, or maybe the one I have not watched in a long time. But when it comes time to show it to a friend who has not seen it before, that is a very different issue of course. Most likely, the version you show them will be the only version they will ever see.
<<

OWC

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:37 am

Re: Which version do you show first-time viewers?

The Final Cut, without a doubt, even though my personal favourite is the Director's Cut (the worn-out VHS that brought me into the Blade Runner universe is this version). Some of the scenes in the Final Cut don't work for me (the unnecessary "International Cut" violence in Tyrell's death, "Father" vs "Fucker", the altered unicorn dream sequence), but I think anyone watching for the first time should experience the film with the glaring errors removed, in a form as close to Ridley's vision as possible. If I wasn't so familiar with the DC, I would choose the FC over all others.
<<

Ambiguous

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Which version do you show first-time viewers?

I agree: Final Cut. Simply because it is the best version of the film. The only change I had a real problem with was the color in some scenes.

Zhora's death scene alone is enough to make me choose the FC.

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut