FAQ  •  Login

Sorry but now I'm really annoyed with the Deleted Scenes.

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

alucard69

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:05 pm

Sorry but now I'm really annoyed with the Deleted Scenes.

Sure it's amazing that Charles has got them on a DVD for us in the first place.
Sure, we've seen things people wouldn't believe (Sorry couldn't resist).
However, scratching below the surface and we see that there's more there, much much more.

Basically I'm annoyed at the wealth material that has not been made accessable without having to watch the ALL the documentaries.

It would be amazing to see this footage properly and not simply viewed as a slice here and there - stretching over MANY documentaries.

The footage which have really caught my eyes are as follows:

Deckard on the Taxi (sorry, I know, I know there apparently wasn't enough footage to make it work as a scene completely - but even still - GET IT OUT THERE MAN, PLEASE!!!!)

The entire Deckard & Rachel (post Leon slaying) sequence - From the moment they meet on the street and right up to the FULL LENGTH EROTIC love scene.

OH, DID ANYONE NOTICE THAT BRIEF SHOT ON DANGEROUS DAYS OF GAFF SEEING RACHEL AS DECKARD BUYS THE BOOZE???? - THAT WAS REALLY UNEXPECTED AND OPENS UP A WHOLE CAN OF WORMS I RECKON!

Deckard and Batty catching a glimpse of each other outside JF's apartment - again whole sence please.

Oh and as Deckard is fleeing from Batty towards the end - just what was that naked women doing in JF's bath tub?????? Was it a manneqin??? Again there's more out there folks... much much more - 4 hours worth apparently.

Imagine a 4 hour cut of Blade Runner? Wow. Now that WOULD be a proper final cut.

Anyway, I'm thrilled and delighted that Charles has done such a fantastic job - SO FAR...

Even if it never happens - its good for us androids to dream...
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:55 pm

From an earlier post o' mine:

"(The BR Ultimate Collection) is SUCH a mammoth project, with so many "variant futures," quote unquote, that there was literally NO WAY for Charles to make "the perfect" BR set that would absolutely satisfy every last BR fan. I believe that he has done the very finest job he could possibly do with a totally impossible task. And now for all his long years of hard work and dedication to bringing this set to life and into stores for all of us to share, he gets to spend the next several years listening to all the BR enthusiasts and 'perfectionists' moan and gripe over the shortcomings of the BR Ultimate Collection, which I'm sure he probably resigned himself to a long time ago...as he's previously stated on BladeZone, he still feels like he only "scratched the surface" with the Ultimate Collection. All the same, it makes me wince to think of all the flak that he'll be taking on from all the BR fans (including myself) with our thoughts and opinions, which may come off as endless nitpicking."
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:33 pm

I like what dmohrUSC said.

It's at the point where maybe we should all kind of distance ourselves from this shit for a bit and see what cools down and then maybe re-examine it and remember that, holy hell, we got a lot of good shit here.

I dunno. I need to mellow out. I think a lot of BR fans need to mellow out. There's been a lot of extreme emotions lately.

We should all get an ice cold soda, pop in the deleted scenes, and memorize the new dialog, and relax.

It would probably be safe to ignore this post by me, by the way.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

nails6365

BladeZone Website Manager

Post Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:26 pm

personally i think the extra content is the best ive ever seen, no only in terms of experiencing the film in a totally new and different way, but the fact that the extras are so extensive.

i think credit where credit is due and that this is by far the best special edition ive ever seen.
all text is the view from myself and has no bearing or opinion of Bladezone.
<<

Prodigal Son

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:48 pm

The body in the bathtub is from the "That's the spirit!" scene with Batty. This is just a close up of the bathtub body, which has always been in the scene if you look carefully.
"Nothing the God Of Biomechanics wouldn't let you in heaven for..."
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:17 am

:arrow: :arrow: concerning the deleted scenes ....I could wish the one where he's getting out of the car in the rain to head for his apartment was left in but I'm glad that some of the narative was kept out of the inter. version because it just sounding kind of well, sloppy, although I liked most of the narative that was final in the inter. version. To have these versions to choose from is like a dream itself ,the wait is over as all waits will be over ,cool huh!
<<

Millennium

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:35 am

Personally, I'm glad that not all the footage was in the deleted scenes - it meant watching the documentary was rather exciting to see elements I'd not already caught in the deleted section.

As for the cut, I was very happy with the FC choices. I was expecting the Holden sequences to be in the FC, but having seen them in full in the deleted scenes, they would have looked very awkward in the cut. Deckard's characterisation jars with the far more sombre roll he has in the rest of the film and I don't really buy Holden's dialogue.

While I loved watching the deleted scenes, there was nothing there I thought really needed to be in the FC. If there was a 4 hour Blade Runner with everything in, I think it would probably play as dull as dishwater. Any work of art has to have a balance between content and relevance.

IMO. :)
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:52 pm

Anyone received word from the "outside world" on the completion of any semi-serious BR fan edits yet? (Excluding the wiseass "BR-In-60-Seconds" goofs on Youtube...)
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:02 pm

Nothing recently.

But from what I've heard, no one is actually working on a heartbleed cut anyway.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

photek

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:44 pm

as if this treasure which Charles has worked so hard to bring us isn't enough ... do we have a comprehensive list of deleted scenes added to all of the extras? that would be nice. Charles, do you happen to have an excel file laying around? we're like a bunch of vultures i tell ya. :)
FOUR LEGS GOOD, TWO LEGS BAD
- George Orwell
<<

B-263-55

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:07 am

BLADE RUNNER (the budget cut)

If anyone is interested, I've home-edited the film. My version has got most deleted scenes spliced-in with some movie scenes cut out for continuity and alternate scenes added.

The film runs at 1hr 59 mins with the bulk of the end credits cut off so it would squeeze onto a DVD. The picture & sound quality isn't 100%, but it's not far off.

If you're a BR fan, I'm sure you'll appreciate what I've done. I'm not a pro, i just did this with very cheap software & Microsoft Movie Maker.

If anyone wants a copy, drop me an email, PayPal me a donation for postage etc and i'll whack a copy in the post for you.
<<

kornula

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:25 am

Right away, after watching the deleted Scenes, I was very glad they did not make it into any version. The Scene with Holden is redundant. Deckard recieves almost all that information on Roy Battys gang from Bryant .. so what would the point be to have everything repeated?

They are deleted for very good reasons. Cool as the scenes are, they have been edited out for very good reasons if you take the time to think about it. They would make the film something totally different. I for one, see the reasoning of the deleted scenes.
<<

top buzz

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:38 pm

Millennium wrote:if there was a 4 hour Blade Runner with everything in, I think it would probably play as dull as dishwater.

I don't think so... this would be a very exciting experience for the Hardcore Blade Runner Fan. Afterwards you could imagine your own cut!
That's the spirit!
<<

old sushiman

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:53 am

I think that "Thats the spirit"about Charlie´ s Work or The BR whole thing,the huge ammount of footage,open the new alternatives to create different cuts,i will never imagine that a sci-fi classic from 80s(good times) as BR would be so interactive with the audience,i think Blade Runner is it:a movie that you can"carry with a pendrive"...
Last edited by old sushiman on Wed May 19, 2010 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

kornula

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:43 pm

Millennium wrote:Personally, I'm glad that not all the footage was in the deleted scenes - it meant watching the documentary was rather exciting to see elements I'd not already caught in the deleted section.

As for the cut, I was very happy with the FC choices. I was expecting the Holden sequences to be in the FC, but having seen them in full in the deleted scenes, they would have looked very awkward in the cut. Deckard's characterisation jars with the far more sombre roll he has in the rest of the film and I don't really buy Holden's dialogue.

While I loved watching the deleted scenes, there was nothing there I thought really needed to be in the FC. If there was a 4 hour Blade Runner with everything in, I think it would probably play as dull as dishwater. Any work of art has to have a balance between content and relevance.

IMO. :)

I totall agree here my friend. The deleted scenes are deleted for very good reasons, if one pays attention. At least half the deleted scenes are redundancies weather dialogue or visual wise. Sure, its cool to see Holden plugged in. Sure its cool to see Leon hiding in the apartment while Deckard is searching the place. However, we receive this information via dialogue. Scotts edit gives the audience enough credit, intelligence wise, that we know what happened, without having to shift the focus away from Deckard.

a 4 hour version of Blade Runner would be duller than Minority report.
Next

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut