FAQ  •  Login

The Man In The High Castle ....MOVIE?

<<

SKINJOB

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:30 am

Looks like Hollywood is going to use PKD's ideas once again...this time they want to make The Man In The High Castle: <BR> <BR><!-- BBCode auto-link start --><a href="http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=14187" target="_blank">http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=14187</a><!-- BBCode auto-link end --> <BR> <BR>What do you guys think of this? I'm up for it as long as Speilberg doesn't screw it up....
[addsig]
"Equal Rights For Replicants!"
<<

BR796164

Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:45 pm

Wow... but I'd like to read it first.
<<

SpookyBoy

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:29 am

Senior Speilbergo? Eh. Had better do a Mans job!
I am The CHEESE!
<<

MALCOLM XERXES?

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:44 pm

THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE

SKINJOB,

Thanks for the intel!

THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE was 1/2 books first read by me that were penned by MR. PHILIP KINDRED DICK (the other being DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP?), so I will be pleased if the director manages to convey the creeping horror of the story, rather than turning it into a PG film, as was done with MINORITY REPORT.
"...Be seeing you!"
MALCOLM XERXES Stuntman/Actor FINNEGAN?S SQUAD?
<<

Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Sun May 21, 2006 11:24 am

It makes sense, he won the hugo for MitHC, and rightfully so. This magnificent book spawned the genre of alternate history scifi.
Gaff: "You've done a man's job, sir! I guess you are through?"

Deckard: "Finished".
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Sun May 28, 2006 3:32 pm

Brandon M. Easton

Well...since the article was Published on 2003-01-14 I took the liberty to ask the mentioned screenwriter, Brandon M. Easton via his website.

http://www.brandoneaston.com/default.html

As soon as I get a reply I'll post his response.

Cheers!
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Tue May 30, 2006 9:04 am

Response

"Hello there, thanks for the note.

There really isn't that much to report at this time. I am still working on issues like rights and so on, and I haven't been in the Hollywood mix over the last few years since I have been working on my novel and comic book series. It's not completely dead but its definitely not moving like it should.

I appreciate the interest in my work. If you like, feel free to check out my current project:

www.shadowlawonline.com/test

Make sure your speakers are on! : )

Brandon"
<<

THX1138

Post Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:23 pm

I should send him over an email as well. I'm currently finishing up a comedy screenplay I'm going to produce and get made (all myself) and I want his advice for screenwriting resource websites, what tools he recommends, which online community he recommends for writers, etc...
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:49 am

I had forgotten that this project had started. Guess we won't be seeing it soon, but we have A Scanner Darkly... wait, wasn't it going to be released this month? or last month? whatever... Thanks for the news Kipple!
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

THX1138

Post Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:07 pm

Centauro wrote:I had forgotten that this project had started. Guess we won't be seeing it soon, but we have A Scanner Darkly... wait, wasn't it going to be released this month? or last month? whatever... Thanks for the news Kipple!

I have no clue. I remember we first started hearing about "A Scanner Darkly" about 3 years ago. The script came out about 2 years ago, and then the previews about 1 1/2 years ago, and the dates for the release have kept changing. I thought it was supposed to be out last summer, and then it got changed to this summer, and now I'm hearing about different release dates. No rush, right? More time means better quality.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

Mycernius

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:18 am

Hope they actually use the story instaed of making a mess out of it. Okay Total Recall was a big blockbuster movie, but a little different from the story, as with Minority report. Best adaption so far is A Scanner Darkly.
I still fear it will be a case of good book, bad film.
<<

Tryfan915

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:48 am

I read a while back on another site that Ridley Scott had bought the rights, but the site's having maintenance at the moment so I can't check.

EDIT: It wasn't on the web site I was thinking of, but on the Blade Runner board on the IMDb. I've tried to find it, but failed.
<<

kornula

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:52 pm

Boy, I will be very sad to hear if Speilberg gets a hold of this story. Its PKD's more accesable novels. With that, I can only imagine Speilbergo mangling this as he did with Minority report

now, if Ridley Scott managed to direct another PKD inspired story, I would die and go to heaven

Return to Philip K Dick