I got this running in Linux

Moderator: BR796164

<<

Feyhra

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Sat May 23, 2009 7:49 am

I got this running in Linux

It was documented as being working in Wine under Linux, but I had no joy with that. Worked fine on a MicroXP install inside of Virtualbox though. I daresay it would have worked even better if I'd installed it inside a virtual Windows 98 instead.

I got a little lag, but nothing serious. The beauty of these old games is they use so few resources compared to modern games that virtualisation works really well.

I ought to give it some serious play time soon. As much as I was seduced by the atmosphere, I'm not really much a gamer so my attention span is pretty low. But it did inspire me to play around for a couple of hours which is extremely good in my case..

I'm tempted to build a computer dedicated to all things Blade Runner. It would, of course, HAVE to have an install of the game on there and probably also play The Esper Productions Los Angeles, 2019 on a continous loop at a low volume to give constant Blade Runner ambiance. And I'm sure I could decorate the desktop suitably as well..
It's my heart. It feels like an alligator.
<<

martinland

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed May 27, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: I got this running in Linux

Feyhra wrote:I'm tempted to build a computer dedicated to all things Blade Runner. It would, of course, HAVE to have an install of the game on there and probably also play The Esper Productions Los Angeles, 2019 on a continous loop at a low volume to give constant Blade Runner ambiance. And I'm sure I could decorate the desktop suitably as well..
Now that's a cool idea!
Go ahead and keep us informed.
Then I'll do the same, but with Gilliams' "Brazil" for a change... :D
<<

BR796164

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:02 am

Good idea. I keep fingers crossed for you. =)
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:38 pm

I would love to see a BR case mod. Before my old system died I had started turning it into an esper with the clocks attached and such. Could be a fun idea for a competition too.

Andy

Return to The Blade Runner Game