Zhora...more human than the others?

Moderator: Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

<<

Feyhra

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu May 21, 2009 7:55 am

Zhora...more human than the others?

Somehow she seems a lot more 'human' than the rest..

Roy, Pris, Leon, Rachael, they all seem to have at least a hint of uncanny valley about them. Not much, because the VK can barely pick it up, but it's there. I wonder how well Zhora would hold up to a VK test?

Perhaps being retrained from a pleasure model to an assassin gave a her a broader range of life experience, which somehow had the side effect of giving her greater emotional depth, making her seem more human?

And what are those spirally things she was wearing on her legs when Deckard shot her?

I only just noticed that she was dressed almost identically to the mannequins in the window that she crashes through just before she dies.. I'm sure that's supposed to mean something. Are replicants commonly viewed as 'living dolls' in the BR universe?

Definite shame the snake dance was never filmed. Kazuchoice is making a valiant effort at creating it from a Salma Hayek dance scene - The results look promising so far. But what if some serious bucks were thrown at it, a body double used and then some clever SFX to put the correct face on the body again? That would be truly awesome..

Yeah, Zhora.. It's a real pity she didn't get more screen time..
It's my heart. It feels like an alligator.
<<

Leon Corporation

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Fri May 22, 2009 7:23 am

Re: Zhora...more human than the others?

Feyhra wrote:Somehow she seems a lot more 'human' than the rest..

She had to appear very human so that after she was 'retired' the viewer would understand the problems Deckard has with his job. If she acted unhuman, then yeah, just shoot her, who cares?

There is something worldly, jaded, or cynical about her, just like Deckard or Bryant.
Leon Corporation Employee
<<

grofaz

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri May 22, 2009 2:56 pm

I think Leon is right on the money, adding that Deckard had to shoot a fleeing woman in the back who was scurrying away in the city like a scared animal which added to the "problem" that Deckard had with his job. Possibly the reason he left the PD in the first place.
<<

Feyhra

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Fri May 22, 2009 3:03 pm

grofaz wrote:I think Leon is right on the money, adding that Deckard had to shoot a fleeing woman in the back who was scurrying away in the city like a scared animal which added to the "problem" that Deckard had with his job. Possibly the reason he left the PD in the first place.

Wounded Animals..
It's my heart. It feels like an alligator.

Return to Blade Runner Round Table