FAQ  •  Login

He's human.

<<

starramus

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:36 pm

nexuszix wrote:Ridley Scott says hes a Rep ,Harrison Ford says human....i always thought he was human before the debate....now i say it doesnt matter whether hes human rep or fish. :shock:

According to Rutger in his book "All Those Moments" Ford was told by Scott to play Deckard as a human. There was no question about this. It was only later that Scott decided to enter the postulation that Deckard is a replicant. The motive I believe was to renew interest and mystique about the film. The old formula controversy translates into daneiro is the motive for the motive. Just follow the money!
Last edited by starramus on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

starramus

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:36 pm

Hey don't "retire" these old threads. They are new to some of us.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:02 pm

starramus wrote:Hey don't "retire" these old threads. They are new to some of us.

I'm not suggesting deleting them, just archiving them.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

Rachel

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:21 am

Starramus wrote:
It was only later that Scott decided to enter the postulation that Deckard is a replicant. The motive I believe was to renew interest and mystiqe about the film. The old formula controversy translates into daneiro is the motive for the motive. Just follow the money!

The first time I saw the movie, I didn't clearly see what the doll of paper was supposed to represent, as the paper appeared very pointed. To understand, it is necessary to watch the movie at least two times or replay the scene and also the one where the policeman is making a doll of paper, which is rather short. This is the reason why so many people didn't understand that Deckard was a replicant as Rachel. I think it alleviates the destiny of Rachel to know that Deckard is in the same boat as her. If the hero, Deckard, is victim of Tyrell too, then it makes Rachel lose her aspect of female object of consumption because it means that even a good male hero can be the target. I think it's for a question of justice towards the other characters that Ridley decided that Deckard was a replicant.

Some fans would like to believe in coincidence of scenes concerning the licorn or that the police wants to frighten Deckard, but, by principles, a film maker never makes scenes by coincidences. He wants to mean something precise through the scenes. I hope this subject is clear now.
<<

Feyhra

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Wed May 20, 2009 8:21 am

Re: He's human.

Nexus_6 wrote:The REAL question is: Is Tyrell?

Just kidding.

Didn't one of the original screenplays have Tyrell as a replicant? The human Tyrell was supposed to be frozen in cryo in the basement or something, wasn't he?

Deckard however, I'm 99% sure he's a human, although with what he's seen and been through I could quite understand him being less than certain of that himself.
It's my heart. It feels like an alligator.
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Wed May 20, 2009 8:34 pm

Feyhra wrote:

Just kidding.

Didn't one of the original screenplays have Tyrell as a replicant? The human Tyrell was supposed to be frozen in cryo in the basement or something, wasn't he?

Deckard however, I'm 99% sure he's a human, although with what he's seen and been through I could quite understand him being less than certain of that himself.

The first scene of a sequel I have rolling around in my head is a 2019-style press conference at Tyrell Corporation. In a blaze of photo strobes, you see Dr. Tyrell ascend to a podium. The crowd of press gasps. He raises his hand and the crowd falls silent. Then Tyrell speaks.

TYRELL
Ladies and gentlemen of the press, reports of my death have been exaggerated. Unfortunately one of our most talented scientists, JF Sebastian, was killed by the berserk Roy Batty class Nexus 6 replicant. However, the Batty class retired a Nexus 7 unit constructed with me as templant. Here at Tyrell we eat our own dog food, and my double quite literally saved my life.
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

Feyhra

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu May 21, 2009 7:21 am

msgeek wrote:
Feyhra wrote:

Just kidding.

The first scene of a sequel I have rolling around in my head is a 2019-style press conference at Tyrell Corporation. In a blaze of photo strobes, you see Dr. Tyrell ascend to a podium. The crowd of press gasps. He raises his hand and the crowd falls silent. Then Tyrell speaks.

TYRELL
Ladies and gentlemen of the press, reports of my death have been exaggerated. Unfortunately one of our most talented scientists, JF Sebastian, was killed by the berserk Roy Batty class Nexus 6 replicant. However, the Batty class retired a Nexus 7 unit constructed with me as templant. Here at Tyrell we eat our own dog food, and my double quite literally saved my life.

All this talk of a Blade Runner sequel.. isn't that fighting talk in a place like this? :lol: Id imagine a Blade Runner sequel, were it ever made, even if it was really superbly done would cause a riot.

I don't know though, how about a Total Recall remake by someone really good? I might actually enjoy it then because there would be no Arnold in it. He is just about tolerable as an evil robot. I just can't stand him as a human being..

Actually, Total Recall 2070 wasn't half bad as a low budget series. Shame more weren't made. I thought it made a valiant attempt to recapture a little of the essence of the Blade Runner universe. It's a shame so many good shows die just when they are starting get really interesting..

Rather than as sequel, it seems that we Blade Runner fans are going down the road of re-editing the film in all kinds of different ways in an attempt to create something fresh, give it a makeover. In fact just about every edit I've seen seems to be intent on lengthening the film. Why not go down the road of so many other fan edits of actually shortening it, to 'increase the pace and tighten' it up somewhat? Perhaps make an 80min version with a brand new score for the XBOX generation?

Now that is fighting talk! :twisted::lol:
(I just fooling guys! Seriously, don't kill me!)
It's my heart. It feels like an alligator.
Previous

Return to Deckard - Human or Replicant?