Blade Runner Blaster for Resident Evil 4

Moderator: BR796164

<<

roybattty

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:28 pm

Blade Runner Blaster for Resident Evil 4

Hi all this is my first post and I am happy to give this community something they may enjoy. It is a true experience in shooting with a blade runner Blaster gun.

Ada punisher replacement
Ada Blacktail replacement
Ada shotgun replacement

I made a Blaster pack for Ada Wong in Resident Evil 4 for PC, using kalebdaark 's Blaster model for Poser which he made I think in 2002.

it is far from perfect and I took alot of creative liberties to make it look like something in - game. But it is great fun to play in game. Phil Steinschneider the leading expert on the Blaster IMHO told me I "did a man's job" lol. I appreciate that.

the mod is here

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evi ... topic=6325

I also did another Mod for the male character, I will post details on that shortly.

Blade Runner is my all time favorite movie, I have to watch it several times a year.

Thanks[/img]
5t1v. it's a shame she wont last forever.....but then again, no one does.
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:56 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Nice blaster. ;)
<<

roybattty

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:31 pm

Kipple wrote:Welcome to the forum!

Nice blaster. ;)

Thank you!

Here is a video i put on utube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeRwYa3u9OU for the female Blaster pack enjoy.

As I said I am a huge BR fan. I just got the 1982 Marvel Comic, it is so great !

I am trying to save my pennies to buy an actual replica of a Blaster. Can you imagine walking the streets of Manhattan with that in you jacket? I know DONT TAKE IT OUT lol.

S[/url]
Last edited by roybattty on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:12 pm

Welcome RoyB, very cool MOD. Do you mind if I share it with the members of Propsummit?

Andy
<<

roybattty

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:20 pm

ridleynoir wrote:Welcome RoyB, very cool MOD. Do you mind if I share it with the members of Propsummit?

Andy

No not at all !! Please do ! In fact I just hear about propsummit yesterday from Phil Steinschneider (name dropper lol) who suggested I put it on there.

I am trying to import some of the other architectural elements I am finding online into the resident evil 4 game. RE4 is not Mod friendly though, it uses these .pmd files, and has no map editing whatsoever either. We're still waiting for some genius to crack the game open.

But very glad you like it. thanks !!

Can u send me a link to the post once you've done it? Thanks
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:26 pm

Will do, right now.

Andy
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:30 pm

Done, and here you go...
http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?p=17933#17933

Thank you again. You should look into downloading Karl's hi-res picture of the Hero gun from Worldcon. I am shure you will enjoy seeing the gun like never before.

Andy
<<

roybattty

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:20 am

ridleynoir wrote:Done, and here you go...
http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?p=17933#17933

Thank you again. You should look into downloading Karl's hi-res picture of the Hero gun from Worldcon. I am shure you will enjoy seeing the gun like never before.

Andy

AH Thanks a million for that !!

I'd love to have a blaster! That's my goal for the new year.
WHich one do you recommend?
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:53 am

Difficult question. It all depends on what it is you are going to do with it?

My favorites to "play" with are the Hartford PFC m2019 from Japan which you can find occasionally on Ebay for around $600. It has a ton of Chrome and has the weight of a real gun.

You can get a cheaper version, but still tough enough for handling with the Offworld M2019, sold on ebay and Monsters in Motion. I would recommend a repaint on most of these though, because the metal flake paint looks kind of cheesy and hides the metal in it.

If you are more interested in displaying it and want accuracy to the hero gun, Richard Coyle at RACprops.com is working on a new metal version of the gun that is more accurate. His builds are selling for around $800. His resin build up goes for around $400

Sidkit used to sell a nice kit version in a softer pewter, but he is MIA, and his site is down.

The most accurate version I know of to date though is the Tomenosuke Blaster from Japan made of metal and plastic. They may be sold out right now, but some cancellations have opened a few more up for sale. They run $850 for the kit and $1400 for the built-up. Not cheap.

Other Resin kits that I love are Rick Ross's PKD guns. Here are some shots of his work at pflagerkatsumata.com . Unfortunately he is not selling them at this time and the ones on ebay seem to be recasts off of his work of unknown quality. You would have to keep your eye out for them. They are not accurate, but they look cool and are nice to build.

Andy
<<

roybattty

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:42 pm

ah yah I've seen the PKD for less recently, and I am wondering if it's the real thing or a knock off? But seems like a hell of a lot of trouble to go to to make a couple of hundred bucks !!

Anyhow I'l probably learn the hard way as usual lol.

New Video of blaster pack --->VIDeo<-----

So - if enough people are interested, i could mod the whole mercenaries for a blade runner theme. But I'd need to know if there was interest first. I have some different character I could mod in there, mostly modified Daz models, it could be something cool. let me know.

Return to The Blade Runner Game