Rado

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:59 pm

Blade Runner Down screenplay online

<<

BR796164

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:31 am

Intriguing! Perhaps I find some time to read it all later...

And hey Rado, I think you should stop by more often. It's somehow neat to see another member having nick like my first name is... :P
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:57 am

Oh my! Great find!

I wonder how this one got out. :wink:
<<

THX1138

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:41 pm

Kind of boring in the beginning. Not much further than that, though. I'm not impressed so far.

-EDIT-
Eh...it's kind of mediocre. Though it's probably a draft and still needs revision, I could see it going into production and getting touched up. Definitely needs polished, but certainly not a bad start.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:40 pm

Based on the Blade Runner 2 novel...ick.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

Rado

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:20 pm

deleted wrote:Based on the Blade Runner 2 novel...ick.

Barely.
<<

THX1138

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:39 pm

Aw come on. It wasn't that bad. It had its moment. Granted, there weren't a lot. But still...
<<

Rado

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:59 pm

THX1138 wrote:

Aw come on. It wasn't that bad. It had its moment. Granted, there weren't a lot. But still...

That's the thing. Hazeldine used only the good moments. He started with the book and told an original story.

I don't think the script is flawless - the character of Sarah is severely underdeveloped, the plot falls apart in the third act, and the transition from [SPOILER] to Saul is very hard to buy for me, personally. At the same time, however, I can see why this piece got the author noticed.
<<

THX1138

Post Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Rado wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

That's the thing. Hazeldine used only the good moments. He started with the book and told an original story.

I don't think the script is flawless - the character of Sarah is severely underdeveloped, the plot falls apart in the third act, and the transition from [SPOILER] to Saul is very hard to buy for me, personally. At the same time, however, I can see why this piece got the author noticed.

I totally agree. That's why I state the it needs work. With a bit of character development and further story development (mostly the last act) it could actually be decent. Not good, but decent. It would need the personally touch of say...ridley scott ;) to beef up the movie.
<<

Rado

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:52 pm

THX1138 wrote:I totally agree. That's why I state the it needs work. With a bit of character development and further story development (mostly the last act) it could actually be decent. Not good, but decent. It would need the personally touch of say...ridley scott ;) to beef up the movie.

I'd argue it could even be good, but with this script, unnecessary. There are no earth-shattering revelations, nothing to make us look at the original in a different way.

The more I think about it, the more Scott's "Deckard as an immortal Nexus 7" idea appeals to me. It would be bizzare and a bit uncalled for, but at the same time, with something new to say.
<<

Nexus Frog

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:35 am

Re: Blade Runner Down screenplay online

Rado wrote:Just found. Enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qjanttswloc

Thanks for the link! I've read all three Blade Runner sequels by Jeter. I don't think any of them would make a great sequel, but I'll read the script for the fun of it!
<<

Kaneda

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:31 pm

I liked it. Certainly better than the Jeter novel and I like that it expands on the Nazi idea that Dick suggested in his book.

As others have said, it does need some work. I think some of the dialogue seems out-of-character, but I think the story works well and goes in an interesting direction.
"Just when my coil's reaching the green line..."
-Shotaro Kaneda

"Implants! Those aren't your mammories. They're somebody else's. They're Tyrell's niece's."

Return to The Blade Runner Movie Sequel