Request-- scan of modified COP gun from the BR Sketchbook

Moderator: Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

<<

doc3d

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:33 pm

Request-- scan of modified COP gun from the BR Sketchbook

At least I think that's where I remember seeing it, in drawing form. The production was probably out of money, and never built this prop the way it should have for the film.

Now that the COP .357 Marushin is available in black plastic (saw it on jfuste's excellent site), I think I'll try to make a replica of the cool version of the prop out of one, but I need some high rez images.

Then of course, once I have it figured out, the next step will be to have my friendly local gun dealer watch for a real .357 COP on the cheap, and take a hacksaw to it!

Doc
<<

jfuste

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:05 pm

Re: Request-- scan of modified COP gun from the BR Sketchboo

doc3d wrote:At least I think that's where I remember seeing it, in drawing form. The production was probably out of money, and never built this prop the way it should have for the film.

Now that the COP .357 Marushin is available in black plastic (saw it on jfuste's excellent site), I think I'll try to make a replica of the cool version of the prop out of one, but I need some high rez images.

Thank you! :D

Then of course, once I have it figured out, the next step will be to have my friendly local gun dealer watch for a real .357 COP on the cheap, and take a hacksaw to it!

Doc

Are you talking about this one?

You could buy it here:
https://spaceart.de/index.htm?/Artikel/br009.shtml

It's for sale unpainted and unmounted.
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:01 pm

The space art one is the Sidkit one. The Sidkit site is down now, and nobody knows where Sid is.

I have the sketchbook and the images themselves are not "High Res". They are pretty faded and even a bit blurry. I can see if I can isolate the page for you. You may also want to check out the br2019.com website for downloads of the pictures from the sketchbook.

Andy
<<

doc3d

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:32 pm

Sidkit

The price is up there on this... something like 95 Euros? Assuming they actually have them. I was aware sid Sid seems to have vanished, but I didn't know this was his kit.

Actually, I was about to contact these guys and ask if there was any way to buy just the grip. Since Sid is now Out There Somewhere, looks like I'm going to have to sculpt one. Also, I've decided to bag looking for a real .357 COP to chop up. Just checked gunbroker.com, and one of these is currently listed at $950. No way.

This means the black Marushin 8mm version of the above for about $70 is the way to go. It should be hacksawable...

TIA for any production drawings you can find!

doc
<<

jfuste

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:30 pm

Hey Doc, if you have to saw a real COP 357 and assemble with SpaceArt grip, I think will be cheaper to buy complete set from them! I have it, and is very neat.

The Marushin COP357 could be found at RedWolf site. Silver one is out of stock for now, only large canon available (for a while).

Check it:

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/a ... odID=16226
<<

jfuste

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:32 pm

more info about Leon COP here:

http://props.steinschneider.com/cop_357/cop_357.htm

You will find a PDF with COP 357 user manual among other interesting info.

Return to Blade Runner Round Table