Harrison Ford still doesn't get it.

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

gordo

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:54 pm

Harrison Ford still doesn't get it.

One thing that really struck me watching Dangerous days was the passion and love for BR, and their roles, expressed by the actors - especially Rutger Hauer and Joanna Cassidy. However, all that Harrison Ford seemed to be able to express was a sardonic "interesting" in most of his comments.
A least he did appear in the documentary though.

gordo
<<

Masao

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:12 pm

...Or maybe he does!

Well, considering that he was the butt-end of the story, it makes perfect sense.

On one hand; he was the incompetent 'hero' who was a victim of his own profession. On the other, he was essentially a villain.

How would you feel about being the star who was the worst character in the film??
<<

Largo

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:09 pm

Masao wrote:...Or maybe he does!

Well, considering that he was the butt-end of the story, it makes perfect sense.

On one hand; he was the incompetent 'hero' who was a victim of his own profession. On the other, he was essentially a villain.

How would you feel about being the star who was the worst character in the film??

And that's the beauty of it, eh.

Bored or tired Ford is better than no Ford at all. I agree that it was great that Harrison chose to appear in this documentary. The same goes for Sean Young. Good stuff! :D
Rachael is smokin' !!!
<<

jaydubya

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:33 am

To be fair to Ford, his opinion of the film is probably partially affected by his experiences making the film. Remember that he is firmly in the camp of Deckard is human, which is the total opposite of his director, and that he also didn't agree with the voice-over.

What I did find interesting was that he seemed to be able to appreciate the film now the voice-over and happy ending had been removed.

JW

Edited to correct repetition that was present in second paragraph.
Last edited by jaydubya on Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's the spirit!
<<

BR1661

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:19 pm

During the shooting of the make out scene Sean Young says she cried.. and how did Harrison comfort her? by mooning his big skin job butt at her! real nice Ford..real nice..
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:41 pm

I think he did that to relieve some of the tension on the set.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

martinland

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:37 pm

BR1661 wrote:During the shooting of the make out scene Sean Young says she cried.. and how did Harrison comfort her? by mooning his big skin job butt at her! real nice Ford..real nice..

Not entirely true: Furthermore he held her in his arms, both of them sitting on the floor. It's somewhere on the five discs (that's the problem with so much interesting footage - you tend to be unable to locate it again ;-)).
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:23 am

Largo wrote:

Bored or tired Ford is better than no Ford at all. I agree that it was great that Harrison chose to appear in this documentary. The same goes for Sean Young. Good stuff! :D
I haven't watched it yet but soon. hey remember sean young in stripes with bill murrey?, He was trying to flip her like a pan cake on the oven .I think BL is the best she's ever done . I mean she makes smoking look so cinematicly classic. ,When someone offers me a cig, i say leave it in the movies and she is the perfect example of that , noir style, and dark and lovely ,smokey and mysterious it seams....
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:24 am

:P
Last edited by protectadeck on Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:24 am

Largo wrote:

I haven't watched it yet but soon. hey remember sean young in stripes with bill murrey?, He was trying to flip her like a pan cake on the oven .I think BR is the best she's ever done . I mean she makes smoking look so cinematicly classic. ,When someone offers me a cig, i say leave it in the movies and she is the perfect example of that , noir style, and dark and lovely ,smokey and mysterious ...
Last edited by protectadeck on Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

alucard69

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:53 pm

Gotta say I found Harrison Ford (for once) being rather articulate and even animated during the Dangerous Days documentary and was pleasantly surprised by just how well he came across. Just look how horrid he was in both the recent-ish Indiana Jones and Star Wars DVD Documentaries. I was also surprised to hear him being pretty complimentary towards Sean Young even???
Last edited by alucard69 on Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Sun May 18, 2008 8:23 am

Nice bit from Ford & the S.F. Chronicle about BR and its latest restoration:

Q: "Blade Runner" has had an incredible second life. It's got a huge cult following, and the director, Ridley Scott, has continued to work on it - he put out a director's cut in 1992, and a more recent "final cut."

A: I always thought it was an important film in my history. It was very important to me when it came out, even though it wasn't very successful at the time. I admired a great deal of it, the storytelling was a little vague in some areas, and I think in Ridley's version, the latest version, it's a bit more clear and focused. And I think it's a terrific movie. I'm just waiting for it to make money.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... ertainment
<<

BR796164

Post Mon May 19, 2008 3:20 am

Even though there has been a lot of tension among many people on the set back then, after 25 years, when you look back and realize that you made something extraordinary, people who participated on it mellow a lot. Of course, everyone is older, more experienced, wiser, etc. and many retrospectively start to see that movie as a serious professional challenge they had opportunity to accept, not just another nuisance job. Old disputes are over, they pardon each other, water under bridge, but I think mainly because this become such an important film in the history of cinema, and they have put their pain and nerves into it. If the film was forgotten now, I guess not everyone, Ford included, would be able to remember it with such 'oh those hard but happy times' attitide. There would be no 5-disc edition, no documetnaries, possibly no final cut whatsoever...

So I guess, under the circumstances as they were, Ford has mellowed towards Blade Runner as much as we can hope for. Remember, it wasn't his 'heart project' from the beginning he read the script, he has no particular 'taste' or 'appetite' for good science fiction. He was just lucky to get roles in few notable sci-fi flicks back then which boosted his career.
<<

ElTorro

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue May 20, 2008 10:09 am

I don’t think Harrison liked doing that film at all. :cry:

:shock: :idea: :arrow: :D > still kicking!
<<

old sushiman

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:08 pm

i saw a movie with Harrison Ford and Brad Pitt(i cant remember the title now)that Ford is a New York Cop,chasing bad guys and after that he discovers that Pitt is a Irish Terrorist from i.r.a.Ford s role in that movie reminds me Deckard in some scenes(including the end).But,i dont wait for a BR Sequel,or,you all,dont wait for Ford.I know about the"sequel talk",but i think Ford will not play it again.
Next

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut