FAQ  •  Login

Scott on who doesn't get Deckard is a replicant is a moron!

<<

Masao

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:02 am

deleted wrote:RS is a moron?

Why are you here?

It is so nice to have such critical minds reading every word of my posts.

:/
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:04 pm

Yup, lol.

I think Scott is getting a little weary of a lot of the stuff revolving around the movie.

Like ideas he must keep hearing about over and over.

Yup, critical.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

Masao

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:46 pm

Critical as a sleeping postal worker.

:lol:
<<

jfuste

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:57 am

Well, I'm a moron. :P

I love mistery, like Joanna Cassidy said. Scott is a good director, but seems to lack some human relations attitude.

Oh, my eyes glows at light... but I'm not a replicant, is only my pair of ICL lenses... :lol:
<<

ElTorro

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:16 pm

No strength?

If Deckard is a replicant, why does he not have the strength like the others? He's getting "smacked around" all the time.

A fool on the hill
Last edited by ElTorro on Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:shock: :idea: :arrow: :D > still kicking!
<<

endzem

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:58 pm

Replicans have different levels of strengh: "A", "B", and "C". You can notice this when Bryant shows Deckard the stats of each Rep in the briefing room. I believe Roy and Leon were an "A" = super strong. If one views Deckard as a replicant, then he would've been a "C" = average human strengh.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:47 am

All four of the N6 were A strength.

I agree about Deck's level, as represented.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:42 pm

Re: Sorry, Ridley -- it's up to each individual viewer.

Largo wrote:Ridley Scott needs to take a cue from Stanley Kubrick and how he invited everyone to interpret 2001 based on their individual viewpoint. Personally, I don't give a rat's patootey what Ridley's interpretation or intentions are concerning Blade Runner. I guess Ridley hasn't heard of the 'death of the author' in literary theory. What is paramount here is the individual's reading of the narrative. For Ridley Scott to call those that disagree with his own interpretation "morons" is just plain rude and arrogant.

If your being rude rid,shame on you ,but that may have not been rid's intent ,just a bad choice of words for some readers . It appears that Ridley is making his stance, in forwarding the notion that Deckard is a replicant.
I'll say this like I've said before...it's clear this movie works different ways for different people,it just does,a reason for the longevity it's acheived. I thought an artist is maybe susposed to give his answer to what has flashed before his eyes to be assembled and then let it be free to go other places if it can for the views of others ,so maybe he can be enriched by their experience. He should always be concerned for people that help him get where he is in fame. I & others can go for Deck being a replic. or not ,if rid can't accept that ,I feel that's an act of ignorance on his part. We know he got super paid, but let's be happy for his work and time so we can have plenty of versions to choose from. For years fans are like...is he a replic.?, is he a replic.?,...finally rid releases a dir. cut, throws in the trotting white unicorn, announces "his interpretation"...SHAAZAM!, deck's a replicant! Since this talkative replicant uproar,the dir.cut & final cut coming out, I can incorperate the replicant idea a little better, if I like, into the intern. ver. while I'm watching it, (my preferred version).

Whatever we think or feel about the actions of the director ,he still deserves a special space of respect, for his important place on the set. Without the director you wouldn't have a Ridley S. like movie,
a John Carpenter,
a Michael Mann,
a Stanley Kubrick,or
a William Friedken like movie ,and so on.... .
So ,we're reminded how individual talent is important!
The director is the one that get's the unforgettable angles and shots ,and presents his vision to the public to build a puzzle of their own ,and just maybe they'll see his interpretation, even if theirs is enough.

Here's something to think about.....If someone draws a circle on a piece of paper with a design in the center and they tell you it's a plate,they may have drawn themselves a plate ,and you a spaceship. It doesn't make you a moron if you don't have the same eyes as ridley ,so rest easy people.
If you have a complaint, file it down at the station,the officer at the front desk will assist you . 8) :lol:
protecta"deck" signing off............
Last edited by protectadeck on Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"I'm kinda nervous when I take tests" -leon
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:56 pm

words of reasoning to consider......

deleted wrote:God, I love Ridley. :D

I think others connect with these words to because it's true that Ridley is very demandingly serious when it comes to getting what he wants to happen with a movie,you can even see that when just watching him in an interview. I can't deny that he's greatly appritiated, partly for the reason that he doesn't like to kiss other people's behind , when standing his ground ,which can be a shakey place (with) pressure for a director.
:arrow: On one hand, were all looking through our individual kaleidoscopes using various directions in rotation,..on the other, people have looked to "Ridley the director" for his answer, not a mixed opinion,..all he can do is give one ,and stand behind it,..it's up to you to see what you think.
Could he have stepped over the line to some,with a word that poured out,
we all have. He may not be flawless, but he may be perfect at what he does best. Like he said in Dangerous Days...if he works with you,..he's gonna get the best!
"I'm kinda nervous when I take tests" -leon
Previous

Return to Deckard - Human or Replicant?