BR game running on Vista?

Moderator: BR796164

<<

citizenchris099

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:46 pm

BR game running on Vista?

ne one get BR to run on Vista yet? Im getting my new vista box on sat and it will prolly be one of the first things i try out.
<<

BR796164

Post Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:19 am

We don't have any reports so far. You'll be probably the first one to bring us some. :wink:

Similarly I'd like to hear how it performs on dualcores. I think it shouldn't be a problem if you run it only on one CPU core, I guess.

I personally expect (hope?) it can't be much worse than on XP. Again, we are lucky it's not a 3D game, otherwise we could face numerous problems with rendering on current videocards.
<<

citizenchris099

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:13 pm

other than running it in compatibility mode...i dont know what else ill be able to do to get it to run.
<<

BR796164

Post Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:23 am

It will heavily depend on whether you use 32bit or 64bit. Installation on XP is the most problematic part for most people.

I have bad experience with it's installation on my XPx64, the system refuses to launch the installer, despite that it's a 32bit application. So I have installed the game in my work on 32bit XP, burned the install directory on DVD and back home copied the content to my harddrive.

This is, I think, the best remedy for installation problems - the game doesn't need to check any registry entries, has no real CDcheck protection.

Yeah, some things were a lot simpler in Win 95 era, if you forget about that flood of bluescreens, lol.
<<

br_collector

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sat May 05, 2007 7:05 pm

Hi guys, my parents actually just bought a new computer a few weeks ago, it came with Vista basic pre-installed - 32-bit version I believe?

Anyways I just installed Blade Runner today and got it working with no problems what so ever.

The computers specs are as followed:
Comp Model: Hewlett Packard a5020a
CPU: Intel P4 3.00Ghz
RAM: 512Mb
Graphics: Onboard ATI Radeon Xpress 1100
Sound: Onboard Realtek High Definition - 2 Channel

BTW Blade Runner looks awsome on the new 19inch widesreen monitor!

As for an XP fix I still don't know, I actually got it working on my laptop which has XP Pro installed, strangly enough it worked the first time I played it but then after the game didn't even boot?
The only crumple zone on a Cobra is the other car
<<

BR796164

Post Mon May 07, 2007 5:27 am

Well, lucky you!

The XPFix didn't work for me either. I have suspicion it may not work on XP with SP2. Anybody, confirm/deny?

Still, my general advice to everyone is: make a backup DVD with the installed game content. It spares you of all possible problems related to installation in the (at least near) future.
<<

Horoma

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:07 pm

Just wanted to inform you guys I've recenty installed Vista and I had no problems whatsoever getting the game to run. My setup :

Motherboard : ASUS P5GD1 (built-in soundcard)
Processor : Intel Pentium 4 550 3.4 GHz
Ram : 1GB
Graphis card : ATI Radeon X300 SE 128MB
"Yeah, I’ve seen the data. Implanted memories and four year life span. I’d probably get a little crazy too, but I wouldn’t start killing people."
<<

BR796164

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:20 am

That's good news! Some legacy games have little compatibility problems, others too many.
<<

ElTorro

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:17 pm

Maybe im crazy but... i never liked the game. Can't put my finger on it but... maybe because im more of a sick humour guy. My favorites always been Monkey Island (all of them) Grim Fandango (Manny and Glottis rules) Simon the Sorcer and do not forget Day of the Tentacle. Wonderful games. Ok. i admit. I never gave BR the game a real chance. Maybe i should install it and have one more go. I STILL have a copy of it ;)

:shock: :idea: :arrow: :D > still kicking!

Return to The Blade Runner Game