Bloody Mutiny

<<

The White Dragon

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:08 am

Bloody Mutiny

In the beginning of the movie the text intro reads:

After a bloody mutiny by a Nexus 6 combat team in an Off-World colony, REPLICANTS were declared illegal on earth – under penalty of death. Special police squads – Blade Runner Units – had orders to shoot to kill, upon detection, any trespassing Replicant.

Is this the mutiny that Bryant is referring to when he calls Deckard into his office and explains what's going on with the 'four skin jobs walking the street'? Was it Batty's mutiny that caused the creation of the Blade Runner Unit? It does say that it was a 'mutiny by a Nexus 6 Combat Team' so we know the first supposed mutiny could not have happened very long ago as Nexus 6 Replicants are brand new.

Bryant does say 'It's the worst one yet' implying that it's happened before but if you believe that Deckard is a Replicant then it's possible that this is his first ever assignment and that any previous career memories he may have had were implants.

I suppose if what I'm saying is true there could never be a Prequel movie because nothing actually happened before Blade Runner
<<

Deckard

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:15 am

The Bloody Mutiny he is referring to I believe, is the Tanhauser Gate Incident.

Personally, I think there is plenty of material for a prequel story. Check out the beginnings of my fanfiction here that is dealing with just that:

http://bladezone.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2470

:)
Deckard

"They don't advertise for killers in the newspaper. That was my profession: ex-cop, ex-BladeRunner, ex-killer."
<<

The White Dragon

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:27 am

The Bloody Mutiny he is referring to I believe, is the Tanhauser Gate Incident

I don't think Tannhauser Gate was a mutiny. He said he's seen 'attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion' and he's 'watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate'. C beams glittering doesn't really sound like a mutiny (it sounds like peacefully staring up at the stars witnessing a beautiful spectacle) and the attack ships were off the shoulder of Orion, not at Tannhauser Gate.

BUT, if there was a mutiny and if Batty was there, then it sure sounds to me like that was the mutiny Batty was involved in and that it was Batty's mutiny that was the impetus for the creation of the Blade Runner unit.
<<

Deckard

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:08 am

I was referring to this:

http://media.bladezone.com/contents/timeline/

Which I realize is fan-made and not canon, but is interesting nonetheless.
Deckard

"They don't advertise for killers in the newspaper. That was my profession: ex-cop, ex-BladeRunner, ex-killer."

Return to Deckard - Human or Replicant?