Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:39 am

Tryfan915 wrote:Oh joy. :shock:

At last one of my local cinemas is showing Blade Runner. \:D/ \:D/

And it's digital as well.

http://www.myvue.com/cinemas/index.asp? ... ci=73&ln=1

Whoo hoo!

Cool, have fun! Go multiple times! :)

BTW: We've been in Bradford before (in 2001 watching 2001 on the curved screen, no less ;-)). Not that far away from you, huh?
<<

Tryfan915

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:19 am

martinland wrote:
Cool, have fun! Go multiple times! :)

If the missus lets me go once I'll be happy!

BTW: We've been in Bradford before (in 2001 watching 2001 on the curved screen, no less ;-)). Not that far away from you, huh?

Bratford's only about 70 minutes away on a good day, but see my previous comment. :wink:
<<

Krokodyle

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:13 pm

martinland wrote:BTW: We've been in Bradford before (in 2001 watching 2001 on the curved screen, no less ;-)).

Wow, THAT would have been sweeeeeeet!
<<

Tryfan915

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:16 am

Hi all. I finally got to see The Final Cut on the big screen and it was a wonderful experience.

It was one of the smaller auditoriums and I paid an extra ?1 for a comfy seat, but I needn?t have worried about that as out of the 200 seats, or so, there was only myself and six others. It was a digital screening and the picture quality was absolutely unbelievable and the sound was pretty good too. The screen was huge for the size of the auditorium, virtually floor to ceiling and wall to wall, much better that all the other local cinemas. I noticed a few extra details I?d never seen before and will be scrutinising the DVD when I get the chance.

I swear the hair on the back of my neck was stood up for the whole film as I sat there stunned and awed by the experience. But all too soon it was over and I had to leave.

I don?t get to the flicks much these days, at least not without the kids, so to see Blade Runner on the big screen for the first time since 1992 was fantastic.

One tired but very happy fan.
Previous

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut