FAQ  •  Login

What is YOUR favourite version of Blade Runner?

Moderator: Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

2007 Final Cut
72%
1982 U.S. Theatrical Cut
7%
1982 International Cut
10%
1992 Director's Cut
3%
1982 Workprint
7%

Total votes : 29
<<

I. J. Thompson

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:37 pm

Well... now that we've all had a chance to see every incarnation of Blade Runner at least once, I thought it'd be fun to see where everyone stands on this issue. Of them all, which one do YOU enjoy the most?
"Nobody respects you later, for having been a nice guy and given up." -Ridley Scott
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:06 pm

Mustn't forget the unofficial 6th version, "Deleted/Alternates Scenes" version. ;)
<<

I. J. Thompson

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:57 pm

D'oh! :P
"Nobody respects you later, for having been a nice guy and given up." -Ridley Scott
<<

Rachel

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:29 pm

I just have the Director's cut. I hope to find the 2007 in shops. What is the difference? Are there more scenes about Rachel and Zora, for example?

I love Zora because she reminds the warrior amazon Penthesilea (http://www.whoosh.org/issue12/ruffel3.html) with her boots, behaviour and beauty. Even her death reminds the destiny of this amazon.
My mime gallery about Rachel (for friends, not as registered artist):
http://www.zimagez.com/galerie/Miming-o ... 0761-0.php
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:47 pm

There are several topics discussing the differences in the Special Edition section of this forum. Many of the major differences are listed, and some smaller ones.

I prefer the Final Cut, myself.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

hivewax

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:26 pm

workprint had so much atmosphere. and it had more scenes and chatter that was deleted in other versions. though, i missed the music from Vangelis.
<<

Deckard

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:21 pm

Kipple wrote:Mustn't forget the unofficial 6th version, "Deleted/Alternates Scenes" version. ;)

I have been watching the discs, but have not gotten through them all yet. Which disc/version has the deleted scenes with it?
Deckard

"They don't advertise for killers in the newspaper. That was my profession: ex-cop, ex-BladeRunner, ex-killer."
<<

top buzz

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:04 pm

Deckard wrote:
Kipple wrote:Mustn't forget the unofficial 6th version, "Deleted/Alternates Scenes" version. ;)

I have been watching the discs, but have not gotten through them all yet. Which disc/version has the deleted scenes with it?

disc 4 -> fabrication -> deleted/alternative scenes -> play all
<<

Deckard

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:18 pm

Awesome. Thanks!
Deckard

"They don't advertise for killers in the newspaper. That was my profession: ex-cop, ex-BladeRunner, ex-killer."
<<

Tryfan915

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:29 am

I voted for the Final Cut, but apart from the voice over (which after hearing it for the first time in years I find really distracting) any of the versions are worth watching.

Over and over. :wink:
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:58 am

It's the Final Cut for me. :D
I was blown away with the alternate and deleted scenes as well. I can also see why Holdens hospital scenes were omitted but there were certain parts of the other scenes i thought may of been good enough to include.
One thing i was confused about was the Dove flying off at the end. The background seemed ok but i thought it was never filmed, or was that an unused piece from the UK re shoot during post production?

It is very tempting to digitise the final cut and make a fan version for fun, although that is not me saying i am not happy with the final cut. The whole Blade Runner experience has made Christmas 2007 a really special one to remember.
Happy New Year
More human than human
<<

Krokodyle

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:16 pm

Before the 2007 FC version, I would have said the WP, defects and all.

But now, it's the Final Cut, all the way. I think that purposely not watching BR since 2000 (the shoddy "Director's Cut" dvd) may have helped, since now the FC is the version that I now will remember--and watching any of the other versions will now just make me pine for the missing scenes and stuff. And hearing the uninspired voice-over would be painful...
<<

Krokodyle

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:18 pm

ridleyville wrote:It is very tempting to digitise the final cut and make a fan version for fun, although that is not me saying i am not happy with the final cut.

I'm absolutely sure it's just a matter of time before we see a fanedit or two start surfacing at the usual places. :D
<<

pris25

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:31 pm

Unfortunately I have only scene the 1982 U.S. Theatrical cut (and that was at least a year ago) and the 2007 Final cut. It's a tough choice (because I am one of the few people who actually enjoy the voice over), but I am going with the Final Cut because I learned so much more about the movie watching it. It just made the whole viewing experience much more informative and interesting to me. I especially enjoyed watching the making of "Blade Runner".
<<

Planta

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:01 am

Final Cut me too, even though i prefer the DC color timing (not judging Charles unvaluable work, of course, but Scott's choice).
Next

Return to Blade Runner Round Table