5-disc voight-komf edition for $55 at Best Buy

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

Nexus Frog

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:52 am

5-disc voight-komf edition for $55 at Best Buy

Print this online price out and bring it to Best Buy. I just got mine and was glad I had the printoff because the store's sticker said $69.99.

And this sucker is a real voight-komf machine. I wired my cat up and found out she is a friggan replicant!!!

:P

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 1&id=20605
<<

NMMan

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:00 pm

That's where I picked up mine this morning. :)
<<

deepysea

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:08 pm

Ha. The sticker at BB did indeed say $69, but it rang up as $55 for me.

I've never waited at the door for BB to open in my life, but I did today in the gorgeous rain here in Los Angeles. (Alas, no glowing umbrellas.) I'm also glad I did, because there was about 20 others with me (most of whom, I gather, were after the new Wii thing), but by the time I got in and wandered around a bit, all of the BR box sets were said to have been sold--apparently they only had about six of them stacked up by the door.

So in a slight panic I walked up to a clerk carrying a cardboard box and asked him about it, and he pulled a BR box set out that he was restocking. I suspect it was the last one they had.

The plastic holder for the Deckard image thing was broken when I opened it, but otherwise everything looks great, although the spinner is as fragile as everyone has said. If it falls off my desk, it's a goner. I suspect I'll dump the briefcase in storage somewhere and put the DVD package on my shelf. Just listened to the first ten minutes of Scott's commentary--boy, he is really eloquent on these recordings, isn't he?
<<

NMMan

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:30 pm

I watched the 45 minutes of deleted scenes in slack-jawed awe or a trance, whichever you want to call it, lol. They were well-restored and enjoyable to watch, and indeed the voiceovers not used IMO completely kick the ass of anything used in the film. My favorite had to be this one from Deckard, in reference to the Tyrell Corp.:

"You could call it commerce or growing slaves, depending on if you wanted to be polite or not."
<<

Nexus Frog

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:38 pm

Very geekish, but I could not wait till after work or even lunch-time so I took an early lunch and left at 9:30am, grabbed a bacon-egg-cheese biscuit at McDonalds and headed over to Best Buy. It looked like they had 20 of the limited editions and so I dug through them to find the "coolest" serial number and grabbed the new Tool Vicarious DVD and checked out. Since that took me an hour, I have not even opened the case yet. I have to wait till 5pm to actually enjoy it!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

By the way I ordered from Amazon, saw that Best Buy had it in stock and logged into Amazon and cancelled my order with them. They were not going to ship till "after the 25th".
<<

Cold Fish

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:50 pm

deepysea wrote:The plastic holder for the Deckard image thing was broken when I opened it, but otherwise everything looks great, although the spinner is as fragile as everyone has said. If it falls off my desk, it's a goner.

Hmm. do you mean the linticular? It's two pieces of lucite held together with magnets, right?

Maybe you mean the little plastic sleeve that it rests in.
<<

deepysea

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:57 pm

Yeah, I meant the plastic sleeve.
<<

Ford GT

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:41 pm

Had I not been able to take adavantage of the first time customer $30.00 deal at amazon.com I would have been at one of the local Best Buy's earlier today as well. Did anyone pickup thx1138 or forbidden planet for $5.00 (promotion for buying Blade Runner)?
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:57 pm

deepysea wrote:I've never waited at the door for BB to open in my life, but I did today in the gorgeous rain here in Los Angeles. (Alas, no glowing umbrellas.)

Well, if you had gone to the Borders Books in Sherman Oaks, you would have seen one glowing umbrella, with Richie and I sharing it. The ThinkGeek umbrella might not be advisable to use in a full-tilt storm, but it is perfect for a light sprinkle.

I got the 4-disc set for $20.09. Hmm...2009. Is this an omen of things to come here in the City of Blade Runner? :wink:

I spent the most of this rainy day watching Dangerous Days and some of the other features. One of the lugs of my digipak is busted, but otherwise I have no complaints. And WBHV Direct is looking into who dropped the ball on my Briefcase order.

Tomorrow I'll crank up the speakers on my Ghetto Home Theatre and watch The Final Cut again. Or maybe I'll do it tonight, who knows. But it has to be played LOUD. Shake the house loud.
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

deepysea

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:54 pm

Congratulations, msgeek, I'm glad you got it.
<<

Predrhone

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:14 pm

The Best Buy in Ridgemont Plaza was out, and no other stores around that I checked seemed to even stock the briefcase. I had it ordered from Amazon anyway, but it never hurts to look around. :wink:

I did find one at an FYE though... for $79.99. :roll:
"I will wait for you, until the sky is blue. I will wait for you, what else can I do?"

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut