Watching The Final Cut @ UK Cinemas

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

Offworld

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:44 am

Watching The Final Cut @ UK Cinemas

I have just booked my ticket to see BR:FC at the Picturehouse Cinema in Liverpool tomorrow (Tuesday) - it's a 03:00pm showing.

I am traveling from Doncaster - it will be my first ever visit to Liverpool, so I am going to have a look around the city too.

I hope that this cinema can do justice to the film.

I first saw Blade Runner at Warwick University's cinema when it was first released (I was a student at the time). I was also lucky enough to see a 70mm print of the film when it was shown at the National Museum of Photography, Film and Television (in Bradford) sometime in the 1990's.

Even though I have the 5 disc boxset ordered I just HAVE to see this film on a big screen.
<<

Longevity995

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:45 pm

We only have Ridley?s, word that the Blade Runner that is now on this wonderful 5 disc DVD package and that the international and US theatrical cuts are the ones from the original 70mm Dolby stereo format 42 versions, well they sounded like it?

I wasn?t lucky enough to see Blade Runner in 70mm, only a conventional 35mm optical Dolby stereo A type around 1982.
I?ve seen things you people won?t believe.
<<

Offworld

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:25 am

Big Screen Viewing vs the DVD release

I saw BR:FC at the Picturehouse Cinema in Liverpool. It is an amazing venue with 3 screens. Screen one is one of a few THX certified screens in the UK - but The Final Cut was shown in Screen 2! Screen 2 has very comfy seats and a decent size screen - but I wasn't sure whether I was listening to a surround sound version of Blade Runner or not. The projector (I was told) was digital. The picture quality was great and you could really tell how fresh every frame looked.

It was an amazingly enjoyable experience.

Even though it has been many years since I have watched Blade Runner (on TV, video or cinema) I seemed to remember every second of it - therefore, the little extras bits really stood out (but never seemed out of place).

I now have the 5 DVD boxset - it is an absolutely amazing set. The whole packaging (metal tin et al) is quality. Every menu on each disc has a mega impact every time you start the disc. Dangerous Days (the documentary) is brilliantly informative with loads of 'things I never knew'.

I still have many hours of extras to work my way through - but the main feature just shouts quality from the very beginning to the end.

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut