espergritblues

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:02 pm

Play.com - Final Cut DVD shipped

Received this email today:

Your order for Blade Runner: The Final Cut - Ultimate Collector's Tin
Edition (5 Discs) has been posted.

Please note PLAY.COM will show on your statement.

Please allow 3-5 days delivery.

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Assuming that's 3-5 business days I expect to get it by December 3rd - which would be in keeping with the release date posted on various websites (i.e. hmv.com) as opposed to the official press release stating the release as being the 18th.
<<

espergritblues

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:09 pm

We all know about the 3-CD Blade Runner Trilogy coming out in mid-December from Vangelis, but if the following sweet pot of honey also arrives it'll make it a beautiful BR hat-trick:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Future-Noir-Mak ... 632&sr=1-1

However, the publication date has already been pushed back from the 15th Nov. and - worryingly - there is absolutely no listing for this revised edition on either the US or Canadian amazon sites :(
<<

ghost of 82

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:16 pm

The publishers website is quoting Dec 13th, but that may not be reliable, some sources are now quoting Jan 2008, so fingers crossed.

By the way, my DVD set is on the way too! Might get it Saturday!
<<

Mr.Origami

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:29 pm

"Future Noir" will be released in january 2008 as Amazon Uk stated in a message they sent to me few weeks ago.
It's amazing that Play.com has already shipped the Dvd tin version since Amazon Uk wrote that they will ship the first copies only on 4th of december.
<<

Planta

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:08 pm

Re: Play.com - Final Cut DVD shipped

espergritblues wrote:Received this email today:

Your order for Blade Runner: The Final Cut - Ultimate Collector's Tin
Edition (5 Discs) has been posted.

oh no! that's unfair!!! please espergritblues, do not spoil it out! :evil: :lol:
<<

ghost of 82

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:47 pm

Do we all agree NOT to put reviews on the forum until the end of next week so as not to spoil anybody's enjoyment of seeing it unspoilt (bit of a tonguetwister that)? Or do we even wait until after Dec 18th so as not to spoil things for our friends on the other side of the pond?

I have a picture of thousands of tightlipped European BR fans straining at the leash until Dec 18th - loving it!
<<

deepysea

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:11 pm

I don't see any reason why people can't simply label their threads accurately so those who don't want to know don't have to read. (Something like "X's review of FC DVD" or even "FC spoiler" warnings.) I don't think those in the UK should be forced to silence just because those in North America haven't purchased their discs yet.
<<

I. J. Thompson

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:46 pm

deepysea wrote:I don't see any reason why people can't simply label their threads accurately so those who don't want to know don't have to read. (Something like "X's review of FC DVD" or even "FC spoiler" warnings.) I don't think those in the UK should be forced to silence just because those in North America haven't purchased their discs yet.

I second that emotion. Just put [SPOILERS] in your thread title, and then it's my job to try and control myself! :P
"Nobody respects you later, for having been a nice guy and given up." -Ridley Scott
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:54 am

ghost of 82 wrote:Do we all agree NOT to put reviews on the forum until the end of next week so as not to spoil anybody's enjoyment of seeing it unspoilt (bit of a tonguetwister that)? Or do we even wait until after Dec 18th so as not to spoil things for our friends on the other side of the pond?

I have a picture of thousands of tightlipped European BR fans straining at the leash until Dec 18th - loving it!

That sounds almost like BDSM.

But I agree with the Spoiler tag idea. just label threads as such, and we'll be OK.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

Planta

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:39 am

that would be a real psychologic torture. trying to avoid posts and comments about the DVD set would be a bit like having it at home right next to your DVD player and huge screen and not watching it.

gosh, please no... :(
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:50 am

Planta wrote:That would be a real psychological torture trying to avoid posts and comments about the DVD...

That's what I've been doing on the most part. I've come across a few spoilers. But most of what I "read" in this section of the forum have been just "words" that I scan per my responsibilities as Administrator/Moderator ("Part of the business") :D
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:24 am

Early in the 21st century, in advance of the extraordinary and much-anticipated BR Ultimate Collection DVD release, the BLADEZONE WEBSITE took online fan posting to a new level: Super-spoilers.

Super-spoilers were almost all based in Europe, and at least a trillion times as lucky as their North American counterparts, since they got to devour the BR Ultimate Collection two weeks earlier than the rest of the world.

Special police squads - BLADEZONE FORUM MODERATORS - had orders from the rest of BLADEZONE to terminate with extreme prejudice, upon detection, any advance-word postings re: the BR Ultimate Collection by Super-spoilers.

This was not called censorship.
It was called fundamental motherf*cking discretion.
Last edited by dmohrUSC on Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Deckard

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:12 am

Deckard

"They don't advertise for killers in the newspaper. That was my profession: ex-cop, ex-BladeRunner, ex-killer."
<<

Planta

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:28 am

LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

deepysea

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:12 am

Hilarious, dmohrUSC.