BR:FC DVD Reviews

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

ghost of 82

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:28 am

BR:FC DVD Reviews

Okay, who dares read the reviews which are sure to start being put up on the 'net during next week? I've seen the French sites showing the menus etc, and almost wish I hadn't. Not that I don't think they are any good- quite the contrary, the set looks outstanding. Think I will have to try real hard at avoiding the reviews though, any all the details they will reveal. This is so exciting, but I don't want to spoil anything after all these years. Its like Christmas.

At least I only have to hold out for a week. How you American friends are going to hold out until dec 18th, I have no idea. Don't think I could last that long. Good lord the menus look fantastic. A nice tease but I-MUST-AVOID-ANY-REVIEWS!
<<

I. J. Thompson

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:25 pm

I'm thinkin' like you! :shock:

I hope folks here can be counted on to put [SPOILERS] in their thread titles, if need be!!! 8)
"Nobody respects you later, for having been a nice guy and given up." -Ridley Scott
<<

Planta

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:44 am

sure guys, let's not spoil the best moment we'll have in years and we've dreamt all our life! are you in for that? :D
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:50 pm

I'll make it as easy as possible for everyone: All those with spoilers about the new BR Ultimate Collection DVD set can feel free to just totally bypass posting your messages on BladeZone's Forums, and communicate all your spoilers via private message directly to me instead :lol:
<<

Charles de Lauzirika

Honorary Member

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:19 pm

Perhaps there should be a different thread for spoiler discussions, since I've already been chewed out for mentioning something that was publicly revealed months ago. Don't want to spoil anyone's fun! :wink:
<<

I. J. Thompson

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:33 pm

Charles de Lauzirika wrote:Perhaps there should be a different thread for spoiler discussions, since I've already been chewed out for mentioning something that was publicly revealed months ago. Don't want to spoil anyone's fun! :wink:

Ingrate fans, chewin' you out after all you've done for us. :evil:

Now, when do we get that 47-minute outtake and alternate cut of ALIEN??? :lol:
"Nobody respects you later, for having been a nice guy and given up." -Ridley Scott
<<

Charles de Lauzirika

Honorary Member

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:47 pm

I. J. Thompson wrote:Now, when do we get that 47-minute outtake and alternate cut of ALIEN??? :lol:

Oh...that would be very cool. It probably wouldn't work as well because it doesn't have a never-before-heard Ripley voice-over to sustain it, but still...

:D
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:57 pm

Dear Mr. Lauzirika has given me his personal word of honor that he will be staying up around the clock from December 5th on for two weeks straight, in order to singlehandedly intercept each & every BladeZone communique from European BR fans re: the goodies on the Ultimate Collection, until the DVD set is released stateside on December 18th. Now THERE'S a patriotic American for you. Charles, your semi-truck delivery of Red Bull is on its way :lol:
<<

I. J. Thompson

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:38 pm

Charles de Lauzirika wrote:
I. J. Thompson wrote:Now, when do we get that 47-minute outtake and alternate cut of ALIEN??? :lol:

Oh...that would be very cool. It probably wouldn't work as well because it doesn't have a never-before-heard Ripley voice-over to sustain it, but still...

:D

If only I could see what you've seen... with your eyes. ;)

Seriously, tell Fox I have money set aside for this! :)
<<

eccentricbeing

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:16 pm

I have to say that I truly respect a lot of people here by not bugging the shit out of Charles....though what goes on through private messaging is unknown to me, but so far on the board, everyone's been cool. =D>

I was annoyed when I saw people rate the UE on amazon with 1-3 stars. Dumb haters!
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:51 am

eccentricbeing wrote:I was annoyed when I saw people rate the UE on amazon with 1-3 stars. Dumb haters!

I'm annoyed when people rate product on Amazon before it rolls out, how do you like them apples??? :wink:
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:25 am

msgeek wrote:
eccentricbeing wrote:I was annoyed when I saw people rate the UE on amazon with 1-3 stars. Dumb haters!

I'm annoyed when people rate product on Amazon before it rolls out, how do you like them apples??? :wink:

Well, people are idiots.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

martinland

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:52 am

dmohrUSC wrote:Dear Mr. Lauzirika has given me his personal word of honor that he will be staying up around the clock from December 5th on for two weeks straight, in order to singlehandedly intercept each & every BladeZone communique from European BR fans re: the goodies on the Ultimate Collection, until the DVD set is released stateside on December 18th. Now THERE'S a patriotic American for you. Charles, your semi-truck delivery of Red Bull is on its way :lol:

Wow! Thank you, Sir Lauzirika! You will have done a man's job!

I appreciate your efforts enormously (being in the process of mastering, 3D-menu-animating, and authoring our first large scale animation-DVD myself. We almost followed your example: 6 years in the making).

These two weeks in a life time (regarding Blade Runner of course) will be a lot of fun indeed.

I'll enjoy every moment of it...

Have a better one (impossible now as far as DVD is concerned)!
Martinland
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:43 am

My post re: Lauzirika's pledging to stay up all night, etc., was entirely fictitious (in other words, just a bit of goofing around). C'mon, after 6+ years of all his gloriously obsessive work, can you think of anyone on the planet more deserving of a good night's sleep than Charles?
<<

martinland

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:13 am

dmohrUSC wrote:My post re: Lauzirika's pledging to stay up all night, etc., was entirely fictitious (in other words, just a bit of goofing around). C'mon, after 6+ years of all his gloriously obsessive work, can you think of anyone on the planet more deserving of a good night's sleep than Charles?

BWAHA :oops: :D

Got me - of course I didn't think he'll stay up all night for weeks on end...

...but I hope(d) that there's at least a grain of truth inside there... :wink: :wink: :wink:

And let's not forget: Sir Lauzirika has mentioned previously that he's looking forward to fans dissecting, digesting - whatever, LOL - his magnum opus together w/ him in virtual attendance, right?

I mean KUDOS to him, have lots of refreshing nights Charles!

But one of the reasons he did it, IMHO of course, was the intangible reward after the fact!

Am I right, Charles?

Joy oh joy! :)

Martinland
Next

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut