Colorado BR fans are SCREWED!

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

starramus

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:59 pm

Colorado BR fans are SCREWED!

I have seen the December 7th showing in Denver announced in a variety of places, but I couldn't locate the theater. I checked the on-line telephone directories and called the Landmark office in Denver leaving messages, but no reply. Finally I e-mailed Landmark and found the solution to this missing theater. The theater that I will see BRFC in is still under construction. It will first open its doors on December 7th and I will view BRFC on a Sony CineAlta 4K Digital Cinema Projection System. The address of the theater is 5415 Landmark Place,but you will not find it on a map as it is a new street. The address of the adjoining development is 7677 E. Berry Ave. in Greenwood Village. Hope to see all of the Blade Runner fans there as now we know just where the hell it is!

Ecstatic, euphoric, goose bumpy, and gawd damn blown away!

I will have to wait a bit longer, but it will be worth it.
Last edited by starramus on Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

THX1138

Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:03 pm

This sort of pisses me off. After I leave there's news of it being released in Denver. F***.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

Nexus Frog

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:20 pm

That is a 10 hour drive for me, but I might just have to do it!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
<<

Nexus Frog

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:17 pm

If you find ticketing info, please pm me.

I am 95% sure I am going to the Denver showing!

8)
<<

starramus

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:28 am

Not good news for the Denver showing of the Final Cut. Apparently there have been construction delays and now the opening of the new theater will not occur until December 21st. This according to Bryan Linington of Landmark Theaters. He recommended calling this number leading up to the opening date for updates. (303-352-1992) Or he suggested checking their web site. Another two weeks to wait. I want my BRFC! :x And I WANT IT NOW!
<<

Nexus Frog

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:06 am

starramus wrote:Not good news for the Denver showing of the Final Cut. Apparently there have been construction delays and now the opening of the new theater will not occur until December 21st. This according to Bryan Linington of Landmark Theaters. He recommended calling this number leading up to the opening date for updates. (303-352-1992) Or he suggested checking their web site. Another two weeks to wait. I want my BRFC! :x And I WANT IT NOW!

That sucks. I might still be able to make it the 21st though. The 7th was guaranteed, as my friends were already going out there.
<<

Nexus Frog

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:27 pm

I emailed Landmark today and they said they are NOT showing the film at all, even though the new theater will be done on the 21st. They told me to check local theaters. Maybe it will still be shown on the 7th but at another theater.

Anyone know where it will be shown in Denver on the 7th.

I am kinda upset as I have a friends driving out there that very day and I can still go.
<<

Nexus Frog

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:34 pm

One more day. If anyone finds any details about Blade Runner still being shown on the 7th at other theaters in Denver let me know. I can still go if I find out by Thursday night.

They really screwed this up giving the film to Landmark and they don't even have the damn theater finished so they pass on showing the film.

Why did they not just put it in one of their other theaters?

They indicated in an email that maybe another theater in Denver will get to screen it this Friday instead.

But none of the sites have listed Friday's films so far. So any Denver locals who can help look it would be appreciated.
<<

starramus

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:35 am

Nexus Frog wrote:I emailed Landmark today and they said they are NOT showing the film at all, even though the new theater will be done on the 21st. They told me to check local theaters. Maybe it will still be shown on the 7th but at another theater.

Anyone know where it will be shown in Denver on the 7th.

I am kinda upset as I have a friends driving out there that very day and I can still go.

I haven't been to this site for awhile and just found out the same thing. I am totally disappointed. I e-mailed Bryan Linington and he told me since the theater was opening at such a late date the distributor was pulling the booking at Greenwoood Village. I am super pissed that he did not e-mail me back right away with this information. Beyond super cooled! Beyond super heated! i am super gawddamn pissed off! We are screwed! We will not see the Final Cut on the big screen. Landmark Theaters owes us not just an apology, but a special engagement of the film!

You can check for updates at www.landmarktheaters.com Of course for the Denver theaters.

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut