FAQ  •  Login

Official BR:FC Message Board makes a move...

Moderator: dmohrUSC

Which "official" BR:FC message board do you prefer?

Old one
No votes
New one
No votes
Fan run boards are better!
100%

Total votes : 6
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:06 am

Official BR:FC Message Board makes a move...

http://messageboards.bladerunnerthemovie.com/

It must have been recent because the posts are all brand spanking new, and very recent.

Here's the URL of the old one just for posterity:

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/mb/bladerunnerforum

Although it does seem that in both cases it's just us, "the usual suspects," making it yet another of our "Off World Colonies."

This new board is reachable from the "front door" of the official site, just like the old one was for all of 15 minutes or whatever. One thing I dislike...you can't make your own avatar. And you can't select from any canned ones either. :P
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:06 am

This is their second forum. The first one went off-line only a week or so after opening. Let's see how long this one lasts.

I don't know why the Hell they even bother. They ought to work on their bloody website, instead of wasting resources on a Blade Runner forum.
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:40 am

I think they handed this job to the "new kid" to do when he isn't busy delivering mail. I think they are afraid to spend money on something 25 years old. It is a "Cult" movie remember?
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:25 am

ridleynoir wrote:I think they handed this job to the "new kid" to do when he isn't busy delivering mail. I think they are afraid to spend money on something 25 years old. It is a "Cult" movie remember?

It's a "cult movie" on the Library of Congress preservation list.

It's a "cult movie" which has been influential on so many aspects of the arts, architecture and fashion that it has shaped our lives.

It's a "cult movie" which, against all odds, is a masterpiece.

Hopefully they will spend some money on duplicating the movie onto more hard drives (how digital is distributed) and prints. I'd forgive them for the lukewarm website if they would put their money towards that.
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:46 am

They could just talk to the staff here and put a link to BladeZone on their site. Then they don't have to worry about a new message board.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:33 am

Rock on, msgeek!! Your posts are awesome as ever, and honestly make me proud to be a member of this Forum.

BTW, has anyone else checked out the new video clip "No Feelings" on the BR website? It's like 1 x 1/2 inches across in the upper left part of your screen. I've been holding a magnifying glass up to my computer screen and watching the clip nonstop for the last 24 hours, and boy is it incredible:

http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbol/us ... qt_300.mov

...Seriously, I think they really did give the job of supervision of the official Warners BR-FC website to the mailroom intern, to be checked on only after he's made his daily rounds on the lot (and he's probably only into Steven Seagal movies anyways). Sheesh :?
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:36 am

I stand corrected! I just tried the 'No Feelings' link again after posting it in the Forum, and now it works as a medium-size viewer. You see, everything BladeZone touches really is magic :lol:
<<

nails6365

BladeZone Website Manager

Post Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:52 pm

deleted wrote:They could just talk to the staff here and put a link to BladeZone on their site. Then they don't have to worry about a new message board.

tell me about it..
all text is the view from myself and has no bearing or opinion of Bladezone.
<<

THX1138

Post Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:02 pm

nails6365 wrote:
deleted wrote:They could just talk to the staff here and put a link to BladeZone on their site. Then they don't have to worry about a new message board.

tell me about it..

That would have been a marvelous idea. I'd be in favor of that.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut