FAQ  •  Login

Report from West LA Sector, Los Angeles, 2019 (BR:FC Review)

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

dmohrUSC

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:15 pm

Thanks, eccentric being. Ah well. One more reason to give huge thanks for Disc #5 of the BR Ultimate Collection DVD set :)
<<

deepysea

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:01 pm

Merc wrote:Sorry if this has been brought up before, but was there any slight tweaking to the wording in the opening crawl? I remember a couple discussions here regarding some problems that could arise from it.

I believe it's exactly as it is in the DC, not the WP.
<<

Brick Deckard

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:20 pm

ridleynoir wrote:So Brick, I take it you have not seen the Dirctors Cut from 1992, and only the 1982 versions? If so , you may be of the very few. All versions will be in the Big Disc sets...yes all of them.
I've seen the 1992 cut once. I thought it was very similar to the final cut (minus the obvious enhancements), so I haven't really bothered to watch it again. The Final cut and the original are all that really matter to me at this point.
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:25 pm

I've seen the 1992 cut once. I thought it was very similar to the final cut (minus the obvious enhancements), so I haven't really bothered to watch it again. The Final cut and the original are all that really matter to me at this point.

...It's good to know that *someone* out there will be getting one of the less-than-5-DVDs BR sets this December :wink:
<<

Brick Deckard

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:27 pm

deleted wrote:The replicants have different strength ratings, and Deck always had the eye-glow shot.

As for the voiceover, its on the two of the other cuts on one of the other discs. This is the final cut, which means nothing but what RS wants.

Hah, you're right about the eye glow shot. However, it's 100 times more apparent in the FC. In the same scene in the OC, Racheal's eyes aren't as enhanced either, but in the FC they are.
<<

starramus

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:15 pm

Lets see now we have Deckard a replicant and even Gaff has ethereally glowing peepers. Since maybe all of the Blade Runners are replicants would Holden to be a candidate? Ne'er once have i seen Holden's eyes glowing. A possibility for the next edit of the movie huh? :lol: Hows about in the final final cut everyone is a replicant excluding Deckard. T'would make fertile fodder for the psychotic episode of a schizophrenic. When will it all end?
<<

DetDeck

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:24 pm

Nice Review.

Can't wait to see it! Thanks for the review. My brothers and I have tickets for the last showing Thursday night at the Landmark. Now I'm never going to be able to get this movie out of my head. 8)
<<

Noneoftheabove

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:28 pm

ridleynoir wrote:Looks pretty good for a wider release if you ask me. :D

Here's hoping there will be one!
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:54 am

dmohrUSC wrote:

...It's good to know that *someone* out there will be getting one of the less-than-5-DVDs BR sets this December :wink:

Why is that good?

Brick Deckard wrote:
deleted wrote:The replicants have different strength ratings, and Deck always had the eye-glow shot.

As for the voiceover, its on the two of the other cuts on one of the other discs. This is the final cut, which means nothing but what RS wants.

Hah, you're right about the eye glow shot. However, it's 100 times more apparent in the FC. In the same scene in the OC, Racheal's eyes aren't as enhanced either, but in the FC they are.

I'll have to keep an "eye" out for that. :D
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:05 am

...It's good to know that *someone* out there will be getting one of the less-than-5-DVDs BR sets this December

Why is that good?

It was a joke, deleted. I made it so as not to have to grieve despondently over every single BR fan's not being as unbelievably psyched about the WP's coming out on DVD as I am :evil:
<<

Brick Deckard

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:12 am

For anyone that hasn't gotten a chance to see it at the Landmark, you'd better hurry, it ends on Thursday.
Deckard as a replicant is an interesting idea. I'm just not entirely convinced that it's true.
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:04 am

Brick Deckard wrote:For anyone that hasn't gotten a chance to see it at the Landmark, you'd better hurry, it ends on Thursday.

Umm...details, please? Who told you this? I mean, I'm not really craving taking a trip back out to the Westside, but if this is it for the LA area, I might consider going again.

Anyone know if it will move somewhere else in town?
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

Brick Deckard

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:01 pm

msgeek wrote:
Brick Deckard wrote:For anyone that hasn't gotten a chance to see it at the Landmark, you'd better hurry, it ends on Thursday.

Umm...details, please? Who told you this? I mean, I'm not really craving taking a trip back out to the Westside, but if this is it for the LA area, I might consider going again.

Anyone know if it will move somewhere else in town?
It says it on the Landmark website, as well as their listing in the LA times.
Deckard as a replicant is an interesting idea. I'm just not entirely convinced that it's true.
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:38 am

dang.
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

Brick Deckard

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:21 pm

Well, it looks like that may have changed now. I just checked the Landmark's site and it's still showing. I guess the turnout must have been strong in the last week or so, so they decided to extend the run.

Update: It's now playing at the Landmark in LA until November 8th.
PreviousNext

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut