First day
7%
First weekend
7%
First week
7%
Sometime during the theatrical run
13%
They're not showing it where I live, you insensitive clod! I have to wait for the DVD!
53%
Cowboy Neil got a Bit-Torrent and we're watching it at his house.
No votes

Total votes : 15
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:06 pm

I GOT my tickets....f**ker!!!!

UPDATE:

The Landmark Theatre now has ticket sales up for BR on the website. Could someone there be checking the official BR forum? Hmm?

Anyway, it's showing on TWO screens. TWO. And the online order setup is sweet. You can reserve your seats. Two on the right hand aisle for me, if you please... :mrgreen:

I'm going to be at the first showing. 11am on Friday. I am GEEKED for this. 100% GEEKED.

My first time seeing it on the BIG SCREEN. I'm bringing my lappie. I'll post my thoughts after I see it. The Landmark has WiFi. For FREE.

I'm getting my birthday present a month early. FINAL CUT!!!! 8)
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

Brick Deckard

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:36 pm

I'm waiting to see if my dad is available on that Saturday before I get mine. I really hope so because who knows how long they are going to be showing it for. I hope it doesn't sell out too quickly.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:14 pm

I have two tickets for October 13th at the Zeigfield.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:44 pm

Brick Deckard wrote:I hope it doesn't sell out too quickly.

Actually, in a sense, we should all hope it sells out uber quickly because Warner Bros. would then possibly look at a wider release then.

The LA Times article said it would run for a month at The Landmark but somehow I think someone got their lines crossed. But longer would be good. I would like to see it more than once. Got some friends up in the Central Coast who want to come down to LA to see it.
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

Brick Deckard

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:27 am

msgeek wrote:
Brick Deckard wrote:I hope it doesn't sell out too quickly.

Actually, in a sense, we should all hope it sells out uber quickly because Warner Bros. would then possibly look at a wider release then.

The LA Times article said it would run for a month at The Landmark but somehow I think someone got their lines crossed. But longer would be good. I would like to see it more than once. Got some friends up in the Central Coast who want to come down to LA to see it.
That's surprising that they said it would run for a month; I called the theater earlier and they said they won't decide how long it will be playing until next Tuesday. So actually, depending on how popular it is is going to determine how long it runs for I guess. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
<<

Tryfan915

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:25 am

Here in the UK it's supposed to be in cinemas late November.

I just hope it's in a local one, as the missus doesn't let me roam too far. :wink:
<<

starramus

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:15 am

Tryfan915 wrote:
I just hope it's in a local one, as the missus doesn't let me roam too far. :wink:

I'm stuck here in the middle of America. It is half a continent away in either direction. They use to say go west young man, but if you are middle aged what are you to do? I dunno if i want to drop hundreds to see it in a theater. And my wife cannot take time off from her "precious job" anyway.

Enjoy yourself to the maximum Msgeek.

Staring sullenly out of my living room window at Pikes Peak and Cheyenne Mountain 75 miles to the north of me. I may climb Greenhorn mountain just up the road and cry. :cry:
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:21 am

starramus wrote:Staring sullenly out of my living room window at Pikes Peak and Cheyenne Mountain 75 miles to the north of me. I may climb Greenhorn mountain just up the road and cry. :cry:

Awww.... (hugs starramus)

It might wind up in Denver if there is a big rush on the theatres in NYC and LA. Keep your fingers crossed, and hopefully we'll get things going on the Left and Right Coasts.
<<

Caru

Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:51 pm

congrats msgeek.

Bah, no news here. It is so awkwardly quiet, -except for a 3 page interview with Rutger in Veronica magazine last week where he talked about his book and mentioned the Blade Runner anniversary along the side.. :(
Why is there still no news here :?: ...:evil:
I NEED to see it on the big screen. And not in some old crappy theater!
<<

martinland

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:35 pm

Caru wrote:[...]
no news here.
[...]

Aaaand another one:

Right here in Austria featuring the great "Gartenbau" (http://www.gartenbaukino.at) right in the heart of Vienna, which is a premier movie palace with 736 seats! :) :) :)

http://www.viennale.at/en/programm_pret ... 2482.shtml

This is a day to remember!
Have a better one,
Martin

PS:

And I was one of a few to grab some remaining tickets for a precious showing of "A Scanner Darkly" right there in the same theater last year - good vibrations indeed! :)
<<

Brick Deckard

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:41 pm

GOing to the 10:30 showing tonight; I'm PUMPED.
<<

martinland

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:46 pm

Brick Deckard wrote:GOing to the 10:30 showing tonight; I'm PUMPED.

Have a better one!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol:
<<

nails6365

BladeZone Website Manager

Post Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:07 pm

Tryfan915 wrote:Here in the UK it's supposed to be in cinemas late November.

a staggering 50 days later than the US.
all text is the view from myself and has no bearing or opinion of Bladezone.
<<

cudaclan

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:39 pm

Date: October 6, 2007
Theater: Ziegfeld Theatre
Show Time: 13:00

Just returned from our weekend excursion from NYC. Officially, this has been our longest road?trip for a cinema viewing. Five hours (travel) and many memorable memories it has brought. Since my ?better half? and I never had the opportunity to see BR?s release (Theatrical Release), this was monumental. This was to be a family event, meaning our son is an avid BR fan. I have refrained from viewing any version of BR from my personal collection. I feel that it would be an injustice to view it other than the intended ?big screen? format. Without providing detailed information, BR?s FC is a new movie. The score and video angles are noticeably new/improved.

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut