FAQ  •  Login

The 25th Premiere Performance

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:08 am

OK feel a bit stupid about the snake scale but i really thought that it did not match full serial number, also i know that i must be wrong about the VK scene being slightly longer but Deckard i am sure says "it wont take long to set up." and that is definetly not on my DVD
Sorry Charles for the mistake, Im sure there a some other differences that i have not picked up, but as i said i also wanted to just watch and enjoy the film without just looking at at.
More human than human
<<

Charles de Lauzirika

Honorary Member

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:35 am

Don't be sorry, ridleyville. I'd rather you enjoy the film than sit there with a notepad in the dark, trying to keep track of all the changes. The whole point of all these fixes was to keep you IN the movie, not take you out of it!

I'm sure once the DVD comes out, someone will do a serious picture and audio comparison between The Final Cut and previous versions. And I highly doubt they'll be able to find everything. Seriously.

This is going to be fun.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:37 am

Oh, more dialog disputes. Keeps things interesting.

Oh God, what do I want to ask...something appropriate...

Was the "San Diego Sneak Peek" considered for inclusion for the 5-disc set? And why were "On The Edge of Blade Runner" and "Future Shocks" ultimately not included? If any of this is too sensitive to talk about, that's cool.

Let me just clarify, the 5-disc set looks AMAZING. I preordered mine a while ago. There are not complaints, just general curiosities.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

robotsonic

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:24 pm

deleted wrote:And why were "On The Edge of Blade Runner" and "Future Shocks" ultimately not included? If any of this is too sensitive to talk about, that's cool.

i was wondering that myself, actually! especially "on the edge..." as it's so comprehensive. i suppose it's owned by either channel 4 or another third party though, and that would be yet another bloody rights hurdle to overcome.

also (sorry to bombard you with questions, charles!), but do you know if William Sanderson was interviewed for "Dangerous Days"? i had the fortune of meeting him earlier in the year, and he said that he hadn't been contacted properly, though he knew of Joanna Cassidy's involvement, and would do anything wanted of him if Ridley asked. i just wondered if he ever did get asked?

and also, thanks for all of your hard work! :)
<<

espergritblues

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:56 pm

robotsonic wrote:And why was "On The Edge of Blade Runner" not included?

I suppose it's owned by either channel 4 or another third party though, and that would be yet another bloody rights hurdle to overcome.

I doubt it's got anything to do with rights: Mark Kermode, who wrote and presented "On the Edge..." also did "Shawshank: The Redeeming Feature" which was later included on the 10th Anniversary 3-disc edition of The Shawshank Redemption.

... Shawshank was first distributed by Columbia Pictures, then later Warner Pictures - the same folks behind Blade Runner.

I suspect, as many others here have said, that "On the Edge..." simply isn't included because the new "Dangerous Days" documentary renders is redundant.

Still... it would've been nice to have it included (like most folks here, no doubt, I own a bootleg of it). After all, let's face it, all kinds of trailers and TV-spots are included on DVDs these days and those are pretty redundant themselves.
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:54 am

I have put the Ridley auditorium speech in a new post instead of this one by mistake. Please go to Venice Premiere Ridley Auditorium speech on this topic page.
Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIZNeMs7a1c
Last edited by ridleyville on Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
More human than human
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:58 am

Ridleyville: Congrats on your Venice trip! Awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Charles de Lauzirika: Thanks for all you have done to the Blade Runner film and fandom! You did it like it had to be done. A BIG THANK YOU! You were very lucky to have the final cut put in your hands, well you earned it... and we all are very lucky that someone who loves this film as much as we do was put in charge. YOU'VE DONE A MAN'S JOB SIR!

Gene Ettix: Indeed! Everyone involved with BR has the divine right to get their name on the credits! Sad that he didn't live to see The Final Cut.
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:04 pm

Centauro wrote:Gene Ettix: Indeed! Everyone involved with BR has the divine right to get their name on the credits! Sad that he didn't live to see The Final Cut.

Yeah, I remember you bringing this up in another thread.

I really wish Brion James(R.I.P.) was still with us too, and could experience this whole BR resurrection. I would have loved to hear what he could have added to the documentary, etc. :(
Maybe Mr.Hauer will have some comments about his ol' friend :)
ImageImageImage
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:59 pm

Perhaps there's archive footage of him on there?
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:31 pm

Didn't they start working on this in 2000 before Bryon died?
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:04 am

I forgot to ask Mr. De Lauzirika about a nitpick of mine:

?Do you know what word was used in the spanish subtitles to translate "replicants"? Please don't tell me they used again "r?plicos" instead of "replicantes".

Anyway, that's for showing the film to local friends... me, I always watch it in its original language, sans subs.
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

Previous

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut