FAQ  •  Login

SPECIAL EDITION ILLUSTRATED BLADE RUNNER!

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:02 pm

SPECIAL EDITION ILLUSTRATED BLADE RUNNER!

Special Edition Illustrated Blade Runner!

Hardcover. 100 pages.

14.2 x 11.2 x 0.8 inches

Features stills from movie and behind the scenes, in sequential order!

The clouds clear. My eyes open to find I'm falling! But...wait!

#-o

I hit the floor, while realizing that this was all just a dream.

But we can dream. :)

[-o<
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:42 pm

Your teasing right? :shock:

100 pages seems kind of small anyways. :P
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:57 pm

LOL...it's all a fantasy I'm afraid.

But...who's to say that the "powers-that-be" wouldn't take and use the idea?

150 pages?
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:35 pm

Aye, now I want that new edition of Future Noir.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:02 am

I think it would probably sell too. It is the images of this movie that sell for Syd Mead in his books all the time. People that just love the movie for it's imagery would love to have an 'Art book' of an 'Art movie', and not to mention all the rare promotional photography that I have seen come up on ebay. It may not have been documented like so many other films, but there is a lot of unreleased stuff that movie and science fiction lovers would die to have. I might be willing to sell off my collection just have a book like this. I do hope the new edition of Future Noir has color pics in it and more photos. I would also hope owners of the props would be willing to have their stuff photographed as well. As is one of my most prized pieces in my collection is the Cinefex #9 and the hard cover reprint of it. the sketchbook and BR illustrated books pale in comparison. With my luck, if this book is ever made it will be written in Japanese. Maybe all the extras on the DVD set will make up for this book not being made, but I would rather have both :) I also think we need at least 300 pages, which is small for a coffee table book.
<<

Krokodyle

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:13 pm

A new edition of Future Noir? For real, or just a general desire for one?

Back in the late 1990s, I had Future Noir as one of my staff favorites at the bookstore I worked at. I wrote up a tantalizing blurb for the book, and it sold quite well if I remember correctly...something like 30-40 copies in a 12-month period. Not bad for such a specific title.

I have specifically not read Future Noir in the past 7 years (like I haven't watched Blade Runner since 2000), because I was holding out for a proper DVD re-release...and it's finally coming! I have listened to many of the BR soundtracks over the recent years, though, and can't wait to be reintroduced to the music/film tapestry.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:10 pm

Yes, there will be a new edition.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:42 pm

Krokodyle wrote:A new edition of Future Noir? For real, or just a general desire for one?

Another thread with some more info for ya, Krok.

Krokodyle wrote:I have listened to many of the BR soundtracks over the recent years, though, and can't wait to be reintroduced to the music/film tapestry.

You may have seen this already, but anyway...
http://frederick-rousseau.viabloga.com
ImageImageImage
<<

Krokodyle

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:04 pm

Gene Ettix wrote:
Krokodyle wrote:A new edition of Future Noir? For real, or just a general desire for one?

Another thread with some more info for ya, Krok.

Krokodyle wrote:I have listened to many of the BR soundtracks over the recent years, though, and can't wait to be reintroduced to the music/film tapestry.

You may have seen this already, but anyway...

Thanks for the new edition thread! It can be hard for me to spend time topic searching while I'm at work... :wink:

I'm a regular at the Yahoo Blade Runner Soundtrack group, so I've known about the new Vangelis Blade Runner release, thanks to Antas' posts there. I hadn't seen this image, however. Really excited to hear about the new music cues and whatnot!

What I meant about the "reintroduced" part of my post is that I haven't watched BR since 2000, yet I've obtained and listened to (pretty much) all of the bootleg releases of the soundtrack over the past seven years. So although I know the music inside and out (at least I thought I did, before this new Vangelis project was announced...), exactly how it fits into the movie will be a generally new experience after all this time.

Speaking of, I was flipping channels last night, and came upon the Chiller station showing BR...I watched about 20 seconds of it, and it was a narration sequence (of course)...

Seems like December will never come... ;)

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut