FAQ  •  Login

Blade Runner: The Final Cut

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

I. J. Thompson

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:30 pm

I think I remember reading that the sky seen in the background when Batty's dove flies away will be darkened (I kinda like it the way it is, but hey).
"Nobody respects you later, for having been a nice guy and given up." -Ridley Scott
<<

eccentricbeing

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:31 pm

Someone should check out http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se/ for this immense HQ pic of the briefcase set. You can make out just about everything.
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:50 am

eccentricbeing wrote:Someone should check out http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se/ for this immense HQ pic of the briefcase set. You can make out just about everything.

:shock: I had to stop myself.

I want to wait until it's in my hands. :D
<<

eccentricbeing

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:43 pm

Kipple wrote:
eccentricbeing wrote:Someone should check out http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se/ for this immense HQ pic of the briefcase set. You can make out just about everything.

:shock: I had to stop myself.

I want to wait until it's in my hands. :D

Temptation...

:wink:
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:02 pm

for some spoilers from the LA 2019 pics...

The briefcase is plastic and so is the unicorn :shock:
<<

Merc

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:56 pm

Hadn't seen it in that detail before, thanks eccentric. This is going to be hard for me to wait until I receive it in January. :cry:
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:01 am

See, to me, the briefcase looks like it has a coating of aluminum.

Fantastic looking set. Looking at the big picture doesn't ruin anything, folks.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:41 am

It would be nice if it had a stamped sheet aluminum outer shell, but from the look of Logo I am leaning pretty heavily toward vacuum metalized plating. Same with the unicorn. It is the contents that matter anyway, especially what is on those discs.
<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:46 pm

I honestly expected the briefcase to be plastic. There are $200.oo DVD sets that still come in plastic boxes or cases. On the other hand, I think it would've been cool if they, at least, had the blue-covered 2-disc Final Cut in a metal case similar to the DUNE:Extended Edition. That would be a classy, impressive, new BR for the general public. (maybe the 4-disc, too).

All in all, I'm completely satisfied with what's been done with the packaging, goodies, etc. This is the most ambitious release ever. And, much cheaper than I expected.

The little Spinner looks plastic, as well. But hey, the doors open! :D
ImageImageImage
<<

eccentricbeing

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:43 pm

What's the big deal on whether the case is plastic or not? Do you guys expect to go hiking or skydiving with it? :roll: :lol:
<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:21 pm

eccentricbeing wrote:What's the big deal on whether the case is plastic or not? Do you guys expect to go hiking or skydiving with it? :roll: :lol:

Precisely. All it's gotta do is hold my DVD's and stuff. And besides... most plastics are stronger than most metals nowadays. And it won't rust :wink:
ImageImageImage
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:58 pm

I for one am pretty happy with what is in this box set. It almost seems as though they marketed it directly at me and knew my innermost desires...kind of like maybe they implanted them in my brain????? :shock: I am a replicant! No wonder my name is Andy!

:lol:

It doesn't have everything but it seems to have a lot of what I have been hoping for. Now I just hope some affordable licensed product does show up as well. Not too much, I don't want to see the glut of stuff that came with the new Star Wars movies and make me sick of it all.

The movies and the extras on the disc is what it is all about though. Well, and maybe that spinner.
<<

Merc

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:11 am

I was a little disappointed after seeing the photo of the set because when I first heard the brief description on EZDVD, I hoped that the photos included might have been recreations of some of photos from the film (Leon's for example). The lenticular motion photo (after a quick google search told me it could create movement in a picture) gave me hopes of my own moving Rachael's photo :)

The set looks pretty damn fine though (I guess it was just the lack of info that let my imagination fill in the blanks, heh).
Previous

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut