FAQ  •  Login

Ridley talks Blade Runner sequal...

<<

I. J. Thompson

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:22 pm

70! Unbelievable... must be one clean-livin' guy! :D
"Nobody respects you later, for having been a nice guy and given up." -Ridley Scott
<<

Phantom

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:46 pm

he looks 55-56
ImageImage

"THE NEWEST MACHINE IN THE WORLD WILL NEVER
MATCH THE HUMAN BEING."

-Ayrton Senna-
<<

Eli Booker

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:25 pm

It was my understanding that Scott Free bought the sets from Judge Dredd's street scenes with the intentions of using them in a Blade Runner sequel. If memory serves, didn't they buy the whole damn studio they were built in?

I just did a quick yahoo search with no results on artciles about it, but I do remember reading a story on cinescape.com about it years ago . . .
Name is Noeland, not Eli. But I played Eli once in a movie . . .
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:53 pm

That definitely sounds like a rumor. I never heard that. I know a Sequal was being played with soon after the DC came out, but it never went anywhere. I also think Ridley's quote about him willing to buy a script of a BR sequal he could direct is a combination of two things he said at comicon. He said he would do another Sci-fi film and wanted a good script for one, and that a sequal to BR could be made but he wouldn't make it. His brother could make an interesting sequal, but I tend to like Ridley's less Kenetic style better. Either way, I am sure if they make it, I will go see it no matter how bad it is.
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:53 pm

To (remake) the movie in cartoon form ,cool,but a sequel in cartoon form ,definetly not ,naw... I don't think so, altough it seems like a good idea ,it could be hazardous :!:
<<

old sushiman

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:42 am

my only view for a sequel,is:brand new actors(not today s celebs,but unknown people),a brand new history(off-world can be the next place to explore),but the sofisticated and dramatic tune can be the same,simple
because the first movie is difficult to have a sequel.
<<

jfuste

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:18 am

How about a remake or sequel 3D? I love Final Fantasy and Animatrix 3D hiperrealistic animation. Each year it passes, best animation methods arise, and I'm sure a BR movie done with the lastest technologies could be very interesting. Then, it could be the basis for a new videogame. But, all of this are only desires of a fan(atic). Productors, ergo, money, are not interested in such a thing... 25 years are enough time to do any of these projects, and none has started.... and perhaps none would be real.

Dreamers, we are dreamers... :D

FOR EVER!
<<

Nexus Frog

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:39 am

I would definitely like to see a anime movie set in the Blade Runner universe and directed by Production I.G.'s Mamoru Oshii.

If you have seen Ghost in the Shell or Innocence, then you know this is a great idea!!!
<<

equalium

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:36 am

As many of you I would also like a sidequel. A good story in LA 2019 and the OFF-World Colonies, the Bradbury revisited...but always under Ridley's management. And for an anime movie what about a bunch of short stories: being an anonymous replicant, living with fear, a day in the colonies, replicants escaping from them, hopeless people not allowed to go to the OFF-World, the solitude of a pleasure model. What would you like to see? Hope someday a good project takes off.
<<

endzem

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:28 pm

I've always liked the idea of a sidequel and animation shorts. A while back I mentioned how awsome if they did something similar to THE ANIMATRIX and expand the BR univers with several anime shorts. A couple of them could take place Off-Word, have a story about Gaff, even a short story with Ray McCoy from the game would be cool.

<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:36 pm

So, what, is he 71 now?

flocking monopoly?

...sci fi monopoly?
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
Previous

Return to The Blade Runner Movie Sequel