amazon offer?

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

RickDeckard

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:33 pm

amazon offer?

Is the 5 disk set available for preorder on Amazon going to be the ULTIMATE set? I thought I read in another thread that somebody was going to wait until something else came out. I apologize if I misunderstood something.
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:35 pm

It is THE ultimate set.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:30 pm

Re: amazon offer?

RickDeckard wrote:Is the 5 disk set available for preorder on Amazon going to be the ULTIMATE set? I thought I read in another thread that somebody was going to wait until something else came out. I apologize if I misunderstood something.

The 5-disc Deckard Briefcase edition is the ultimate set. I said I would wait for the HD-DVD version of it to become availible.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

nails6365

BladeZone Website Manager

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:10 pm

Re: amazon offer?

deleted wrote:
RickDeckard wrote:Is the 5 disk set available for preorder on Amazon going to be the ULTIMATE set? I thought I read in another thread that somebody was going to wait until something else came out. I apologize if I misunderstood something.

The 5-disc Deckard Briefcase edition is the ultimate set. I said I would wait for the HD-DVD version of it to become availible.

hmm, might have to get a HD player and a HD flat screen first..

can HD be played on a PC, i assume yes as the standard PC has scalability ??
all text is the view from myself and has no bearing or opinion of Bladezone.
<<

eccentricbeing

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:52 pm

HD cannot be played on a computer unless you have a drive that can read HD dvds and I don't think those have come out yet and if they have, then it's expensive.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:17 pm

eccentricbeing wrote:HD cannot be played on a computer unless you have a drive that can read HD dvds and I don't think those have come out yet and if they have, then it's expensive.

I hooked my Xbox 360 HD-DVD played up to my computer, and after installing a few things here and there, I can play HD discs on my computer. Considering my monitor's resolution is 2048X1536, they look pretty damn nifty.

Granted, that's kind of unofficial, but it works.
-Ridley Scott
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:55 pm

I have ordered the regular DVD ultimate set and am thinking about ordering both the HD-DVD and Blue Ray collector sets without all the shebang. The only thing I may end up missing is the workprint on HD That way. I am sure I will get either of the other formats someday and the extra will just end up a "collectable" at a reasonable price. Considering the fact that I bought the CED disc and Beta tapes of the movie (cheaply) as well as a bunch of the laser discs. It would only complete my collection. Of course I am about out of mad money leftover from my tax return. So I am basicly spending my Christmas cash ahead of time :). What is a BR fan to do? :roll:
<<

undertoe

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:49 pm

I think im going to grab the ultimate set on HD DVD, I already have a 360 so the HD DVD addon is not to expensive. Also HD DVD movies are region free which is awesome
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:54 pm

ridleynoir wrote:I have ordered the regular DVD ultimate set and am thinking about ordering both the HD-DVD and Blue Ray collector sets without all the shebang. The only thing I may end up missing is the workprint on HD That way. I am sure I will get either of the other formats someday and the extra will just end up a "collectable" at a reasonable price. Considering the fact that I bought the CED disc and Beta tapes of the movie (cheaply) as well as a bunch of the laser discs. It would only complete my collection. Of course I am about out of mad money leftover from my tax return. So I am basicly spending my Christmas cash ahead of time :). What is a BR fan to do? :roll:

If you get the HD set, you will have the workprint in HD.\

For budget reasons, I'm only getting one of these new releases, and I already preordered it. Granted, though, it would be neat to own all of them.
-Ridley Scott
<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:24 am

deleted wrote:For budget reasons, I'm only getting one of these new releases, and I already preordered it. Granted, though, it would be neat to own all of them.

You're doing what I'm doing. You can always get the others later if you like. I may add some more versions to my collection down the road myself.

But the Ultimate Deckard Briefcase Editions (HD or not) are numbered & limited. Get those now!That's why I'm choosing to get the Blu-Ray (to ensure I have the WP in HD) and a PS3 to play it. I have the HDTV & DTS sound system, so I'm gonna take the leap.

*remember when people bought LD players and DVD players just to watch BR as it was released on each platform? Here I GO!* :lol:
ImageImageImage
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:36 am

Gene Ettix wrote:
deleted wrote:For budget reasons, I'm only getting one of these new releases, and I already preordered it. Granted, though, it would be neat to own all of them.

You're doing what I'm doing. You can always get the others later if you like. I may add some more versions to my collection down the road myself.

But the Ultimate Deckard Briefcase Editions (HD or not) are numbered & limited. Get those now!That's why I'm choosing to get the Blu-Ray (to ensure I have the WP in HD) and a PS3 to play it. I have the HDTV & DTS sound system, so I'm gonna take the leap.

*remember when people bought LD players and DVD players just to watch BR as it was released on each platform? Here I GO!* :lol:

I got the 360 HD-DVD drive mainly so I could watch a high-definition copy of Blade Runner when the special edition comes out. Granted, it has other uses, but this was the main.

It's funny the things we do for this movie, eh? Love sure is expensive.
-Ridley Scott
<<

nexuszix

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:12 am

I think i'll wait until i win the lottery before i get a HD-DVD player/HD 42inch flat screen TV and the 5 disc HD set.... :roll:
" wake up..time to die !"
<<

hacker233

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:34 am

I'm going to buy all versions of blade runner.

DVD:
1. Two disc set
2. Fours disc set
3. Five disc set
4. Five disc set - Brief Case version

HD-DVD:
1. Five disc set
1. Five disc set - Brief Case version
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:41 am

Gene Ettix wrote:But the Ultimate Deckard Briefcase Editions (HD or not) are numbered & limited. Get those now

:cry: Daaaaaaaaaamn. ?Can't BZ make a contest or something?

I know I know, BZ is four non-rich people, but... *sigh*
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:11 am

I am not convinced the Disc 5 will be all that different in HD. The HD sets have added the extra stuff without an extra disc (it is already a 5 disc set without it). If they had spent the money to remaster and encode it for HD on the 5th disc I think they would still offer it elsewhere to recoup the money. Not all HD disc content is HD. The stuff they put the work into is getting their own sets.

Sure they are asking a premium for it in the Ultimate sets, but the toy and model spinners already sell for up to and over $100 on ebay. Combine that with the other promo stuff in the set and it adds up. With all the other stuff in the basic sets, I think they may have felt that the WP would only appeal to a more select audience. Especially since most of the alternative footage in it will also be included on the other sets.

It is also going to be a while before I get any version of the HD players. At least untill their prices come down even more.
Next

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut