...at comicon
WHAT????

So where is our local reporting staff?
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:51 am

Scott said a long time ago he believed a sequel could be done. If all this new final cut dvd stuff was hype for a sequel I'm not surprised.

However, his comments are not as strong as they could be in indicating a sequel WILL happen, but that there are enough ideas out there that it is plausible.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:34 pm

That Ridley. What a tease.

That said, the best thing he could do is get with a good Japanese animation studio like Production IG and do a sequel anime. Japan has always been the place where BR fandom has been strongest, and BR influences have constantly leaked into anime as diverse as Bubblegum Crisis, Cowboy Bebop and the whole Ghost In The Shell universe.

An animated sequel could allow Scott to do other projects and still supervise the project. It would mean literally no limits to what could be on screen. One of Scott's biggest disappointments were all the compromises that needed to happen to get the movie done. And of course, they had to get Harrison Ford's son Ben -- a guy who'd rather be a chef than an actor -- to double for his dad. Joanna Cassidy doesn't seem to have aged in the intervening 25 years, but everyone else has...umm..."acquired a patina" to be polite.

I wonder if Scott would be open to doing this in animation?
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:22 pm

msgeek wrote:That Ridley. What a tease.

That said, the best thing he could do is get with a good Japanese animation studio like Production IG and do a sequel anime. Japan has always been the place where BR fandom has been strongest, and BR influences have constantly leaked into anime as diverse as Bubblegum Crisis, Cowboy Bebop and the whole Ghost In The Shell universe.

An animated sequel could allow Scott to do other projects and still supervise the project. It would mean literally no limits to what could be on screen. One of Scott's biggest disappointments were all the compromises that needed to happen to get the movie done. And of course, they had to get Harrison Ford's son Ben -- a guy who'd rather be a chef than an actor -- to double for his dad. Joanna Cassidy doesn't seem to have aged in the intervening 25 years, but everyone else has...umm..."acquired a patina" to be polite.

I wonder if Scott would be open to doing this in animation?

You know, I've always been against a live action sequel...

But a Blade Runner anime done by the Cowboy Bebop people? SHIT yeah. :D

Oh, as for Ben Ford, his mouth and chin are being added, the rest should be Harrison.
-Ridley Scott
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:05 pm

I used to pray for the day a BR sequal came out. Now I am okay with it as is. BR was a a bunch of things that came together right (and not so right). As much as I would love to continue visiting the world created in BR and continue all the unfinished stories from the film, I think a sequal might not be the best Idea. Anime versions could be cool for sure. I am actually more excited though, for the idea that Ridley will once again do another science fiction film, BR or otherwise. I think his talents truly shine when he creates as much of the world as possible.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:56 pm

Scott has done two sci fi films, and both are superb classics of the genre. If he does a third, I have no doubt it will be a continued reflection of his excellence.
-Ridley Scott
<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:41 am

ridleynoir wrote:I used to pray for the day a BR sequal came out. Now I am okay with it as is. BR was a a bunch of things that came together right (and not so right). As much as I would love to continue visiting the world created in BR and continue all the unfinished stories from the film, I think a sequal might not be the best Idea. Anime versions could be cool for sure. I am actually more excited though, for the idea that Ridley will once again do another science fiction film, BR or otherwise. I think his talents truly shine when he creates as much of the world as possible.

What he said.
I couldn't have said it better.
ImageImageImage
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:13 am

deleted wrote:But a Blade Runner anime done by the Cowboy Bebop people? SHIT yeah. :D

If it wasn't a direct sequel but a new series, it would be awesome. I completely agree with ridleynoir: One comes to not wish the sequel, but the want for seeing more of the BR universe never wanes.
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:05 pm

Centauro wrote:
deleted wrote:But a Blade Runner anime done by the Cowboy Bebop people? SHIT yeah. :D

If it wasn't a direct sequel but a new series, it would be awesome. I completely agree with ridleynoir: One comes to not wish the sequel, but the want for seeing more of the BR universe never wanes.

I agree as well. I'm still against a direct sequel.
-Ridley Scott
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:36 am

A good long Ridley Scott interview about BR...

http://blog.viddler.com/cdevroe/ridley-scott/

The page also has a link to a Sean Young interview from SDCC
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:32 pm

ridleynoir wrote:A good long Ridley Scott interview about BR...

http://blog.viddler.com/cdevroe/ridley-scott/

The page also has a link to a Sean Young interview from SDCC

Great stuff. Now I have to figure out how to download it...
-Ridley Scott
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:49 am

CHUD.com has a transcript of it...kind of...

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=interviews&id=11274
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:46 pm

ridleynoir wrote:CHUD.com has a transcript of it...kind of...

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=interviews&id=11274

Thanks, I'll take a read.
-Ridley Scott
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:10 am

LATEST: Director RIDLEY SCOTT has played down reports he plans on making a sequel to his cult 1982 movie BLADE RUNNER. Last week (ends03Aug07), the 69-year-old filmmaker promised to consider all Blade Runner sequel script submissions from budding screenwriters. However, Scott admits he is unlikely to ever film a follow-up, although he has nothing against a sequel being made. He says, "There is no sequel. And I intend probably never to do a sequel... If they want to do a sequel? Fine."
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:46 pm

If Scott isn't doing a direct live-action sequel, then they shouldn't do one at all.

Also, he's going to be 70 this year...wow, I can't believe how time is passing with him.
-Ridley Scott
Next

Return to The Blade Runner Movie Sequel