I missed it!!!!

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:44 pm

I missed it!!!!

It came in at #97 on AFI's 100 years & films. I had to work tonight and they showed workprint footage and some of the new scenes for the new cut. Heard all good things about it and that HF interviewed and said positive stuff about the movie. I am trying to get someone to get me a copy of the footage as we speak. So I guess it is al 'official' now, because they also showed an ad for the DVDs. More info at...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33078
<<

eccentricbeing

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:54 pm

well, i got a hold of the commercial from another website. i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post the link though. but don't stop finding the AFI bit. i didn't see that at all. :D
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:53 pm

I downloaded it too, and since I saw your name there, I am guessing from the same place. I have already watched it more than 10 times. :D
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:07 am

<<

eccentricbeing

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:59 am

it's incredible how fast these people work to get this up. i'd be still decoding the damn video. notice the joanna cassidy alteration/insertions? they look GREAT!
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:20 am

I have seen people on other boards bitching that nothing was changed with the Zhora stuff. It is really subtle. I say that as a good thing. It doesn't seem like he will pull a 'Lucas' on it, but I was hoping for that snake dance scene. Nice to see the Mask Dancers from the workprint in there. Hopefully this will be a more complete movie. The only problem will be finding a theater showing it. I have heard it may only show at some film festivals. Means I may have to go up to Toronto. I will also lobby the George Eastman House to show it here. They have shown the DC and the American Theatrical in the past. When I talked to them about getting the Workprint they were interested in the Idea, but were refused by Warners. Seemingly because of them using it for the new release and a Moritorium on copies of the film being rented, to theoretically help generate more sales for the upcoming release. In any case I am buying the set as soon as I can preorder it.
<<

I. J. Thompson

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:24 am

I wonder why they didn't (or couldn't?) use any Vangelis music... :?:
<<

spinner44

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:41 am

One of the first things I noticed. Joanna's face is digitally added. :)

<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:55 am

spinner44 wrote:One of the first things I noticed. Joanna's face is digitally added. :)

Nice work!

Are they going to re-run this? I missed it and I want to see it now.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:25 pm

Nice work Spinner44. When I first saw it, I had to go back and pull my reference photos and compare them side by side to see the difference. I would say that is a subtle difference for sure, if you can't tell without comparing. I think the worries for a radically changed movie may have been for naught. The window crashing scene looked pretty natuaral too.

I wonder too if this means that now that it is 'official' we will start hearing more details, or are they going to make us wait untill the fall for the rest?
<<

eccentricbeing

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:16 pm

i'm expecting something on the 25th of this month, but that's just me.
<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:01 pm

eccentricbeing wrote:i'm expecting something on the 25th of this month, but that's just me.

Very good point.
25th Anniversary of the theatrical release on June 25th 8) Maybe we should expect something.
ImageImageImage
<<

nails6365

BladeZone Website Manager

Post Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:12 pm

i didnt spot that watching the small trailer, glad to see your all on the ball though.

gary
all text is the view from myself and has no bearing or opinion of Bladezone.
<<

Mr.Origami

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:28 am

I've seen the trailer at least 30 times yesterday and I can say it's impossible to wait until october!
I would ask to the Bladezone webmasters to update as soon as possible the homepage with more details about this upcoming special edition and links to the trailer 'casuse it seems that now the only living ZONE of this website is the forum. That's a little bit disappointing as this website

http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se/

is always updated with a lot of more interesting informations than those listed in BladeZone homepage (like the high resolution trailer of the Final Cut, the excerpt from the interview to Ridley Scott, the video with Sean Joung and Harrison Ford who told about Blade Runner for the first time after so many years) .
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:02 am

I find it kind of stupid that Warner Brothers had the you tube video of the ad removed. It is an AD, you usually have to pay to have those shown and distributed. Do they NOT want people to see it? I call it free advertising. oh well :roll:
Next

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut