Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:12 pm

My idea for Blade Runner menus

For the SE DVD.

I think it'd be cool if the menus were ESPER style. Like, they come up, just as the machine turned on. You'd select an item, and then it would do that beeping and whatever, and Deckard would say something, and it would zoom in on the picture like in the film, and that would bring you to more options, then you could go back, it would zoom out...

When you pick a version to watch, Deckard would then say "Give me a hard copy right there."

You get what I'm saying?
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:57 pm

"You get what I'm saying?"

Yeau! That would be awesome. :D

They probably already completed the DVD set-up. I mean...if they are going to release it later this year (September?), it must be getting ready for final inspection and packaging by now.

But, I could be wrong. :)

Consulting with us hardcore fans would have been an ideal strategy for the Blade Runner Partnership/Warner Bros. Our input would have proven invaluable...such as your idea, for example. :wink:
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:03 am

Wow. That'd leave us breathless upon first viewing (if word didn't leak out in teh interwebs first).

Yes, this kind of input is so valuable. We know quite a deal about the film, it would've been good if at some point Mr. De Lauirizike had showed up here and schedule a chat or something... I'd given him the tip not to translate replicants as "replicos" in the Spanish subs... God I hate that awful translation, how could "replicantes" be more obvious? One can hope... OK, rant no more.
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

Planta

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:49 am

Centauro wrote:I'd given him the tip not to translate replicants as "replicos" in the Spanish subs... God I hate that awful translation, how could "replicantes" be more obvious?

and i'm lucky they didn't translate Blade Runner in Italian (as almost always do with english titles), it would read something like: "Coloro che corrono sul filo del rasoio" which sounds pretty cr*p... :lol:

ops, am i off-topic? sorry
<<

THX1138

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:53 pm

I actually had this idea about a year ago. For the Blade Runner chronicles DVD that noeland was going to produce, I was designing the menus for them, and I was doing it all in an esper style. For the images being scanned into the esper, I was going to use images form the BR CHronicles, but as a proxy I used some of treybor's buildings and cityscape images. If I still have the menu project file laying around, I'll post some images. I'm sure you all would like them.

If BR Chronicles every gets finishes, you'll definitely see the Esper menus from me.

Now I'm kind of sad it won't be a surprise anymore. Seeing the reaction you guys have to the suggestion of the menus, now I wonder what you guys would have thought after you saw a completed copy of the menus without it being suggested before.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:09 pm

THX1138 wrote:I actually had this idea about a year ago. For the Blade Runner chronicles DVD that noeland was going to produce, I was designing the menus for them, and I was doing it all in an esper style. For the images being scanned into the esper, I was going to use images form the BR CHronicles, but as a proxy I used some of treybor's buildings and cityscape images. If I still have the menu project file laying around, I'll post some images. I'm sure you all would like them.

If BR Chronicles every gets finishes, you'll definitely see the Esper menus from me.

Now I'm kind of sad it won't be a surprise anymore. Seeing the reaction you guys have to the suggestion of the menus, now I wonder what you guys would have thought after you saw a completed copy of the menus without it being suggested before.

Well, I'd love to see those menus one day, by your will.

Sorry to spoil the surprise....I had no idea you had been working on that particular menu style.

I like how Blade Runner fans think alike.
-Ridley Scott
<<

Planta

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:36 am

deleted wrote:I like how Blade Runner fans think alike.

we all were implanted same basic thoughts at Tyrell :lol:
<<

THX1138

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:01 pm

Planta wrote:

Oh my.

Yeah, I didn't want a menu too traditional, like every other DVD out there. I wanted something that emulated the feel of the blade runner movie, and I wanted to emulate a piece of technology from the movie, and it was the ESPER. I also wanted to try a vidphone style, but never got around to that one. Never found too many reference pics.

I can't find the project file here on this hard drive, so I'll have to go to my old backup CDs. Might be an older copy of the menu, but it's better than nothing. I had my main hard drive die about 6 months ago, so i lost everything I was working on. Everything. :(
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:28 pm

THX1138 wrote:
Planta wrote:

Oh my.

Yeah, I didn't want a menu too traditional, like every other DVD out there. I wanted something that emulated the feel of the blade runner movie, and I wanted to emulate a piece of technology from the movie, and it was the ESPER. I also wanted to try a vidphone style, but never got around to that one. Never found too many reference pics.

I can't find the project file here on this hard drive, so I'll have to go to my old backup CDs. Might be an older copy of the menu, but it's better than nothing. I had my main hard drive die about 6 months ago, so i lost everything I was working on. Everything. :(

Ouch, sorry to hear that. I mean, I understand the significance of that kind of loss. I would be utterly through if mine died.

If you do manage to find anything, I'd love to see it.

Vidphone, huh? That could be the menus on the fifth SE disc! :lol:
-Ridley Scott
<<

THX1138

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:30 am

Only things I managed to backup before my HD died was the bare scratch files for the menus. I made a grid, got a few images cut out (for a 3d effect) and that's about it. All the animation core files that were in the Adobe After Effects and Adobe Encore app are gone. I can always redo them, and I problem will just for fun. But it may not be the same menu.

That hard drive crash totally screwed me over. I lost all my 3d models and motion graphics projects I was working on. I have so much crap on my hard drive now, I only have 700 MB free now. I should pray for another crash, lol. Most of what I have now I won't get rid of unless it crashes.

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut