possible endings

Moderator: BR796164

<<

nenaja

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:46 pm

possible endings

Does anyone know how I can get an ending where Maggie lives? I was able to get an ending where Maggie, Crystal, and McCoy walked off together at the moonbus, but it was years ago, and I don't remember. It's driving me nuts. I've played the game about 15 times and can't seem to get that ending. Or maybe someone has a savegame with that ending. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
<<

BR796164

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:21 am

I was able to get an ending where Maggie, Crystal, and McCoy walked off together at the moonbus

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure? I played the game more than 20 times and never got this ending, neither I saw it mentioned by other people.

The closest ending to this is the one in which Steele and McCoy retire the replicants in the kipple, then walk away from the moonbus, but there is no Maggie or any other dog in that cutscene.
<<

nenaja

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:01 am

I'm sure that maggie was there at the moonbus, and if I can remember correctly after mccoy kills the reps, I think thats when she appears. It was something like that.
<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:16 pm

1st of all, Welcome nenaja. You're not just playin' with our heads,are ya?

To be honest, I would not be surprised if you really saw this once. This game (even as old as it is) could very well be one of the most random game experiences ever... that's one reason it's so veeery cool.

But... (and that's a big but) I remember this being discussed here before `cause many people were upset that Maggie always dies. I think maybe you're the first person in 10 yrs to claim having seen this ending. Also, I've never seen it in any of the walkthroughs. I'm hoping your memory serves you correct, though :) (implanted memories, perhaps?) 8)

I've extracted some music files, but others here have scrutinized pretty much every file contained, I think.

Well... c'mon all you computer whizzes out there.Any takers? :-k
Maybe this game still has mysteries unsolved #-o
ImageImageImage
<<

nenaja

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:32 pm

HeHe! I'm not messing with heads. I remember correctly. I believe I received a save game from someone in the newsgroups (possibly), that part I can't remember. But I know that I did get an ending with Maggie alive. I remember that after the reps were retired, I think she runs up to them from the right of the screen. Something like that anyway. It has been awhile. :lol:
<<

BR796164

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:21 am

Is Maggie in a cutscene ? If so it would be cool to rip the cutscene from a MIX pack, hm
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:43 am

No sh*t! Really? I never seen any reference to that one.. . and I played a lot of times, 18+ I think.

What would it take to keep Maggie alive? She's always killed in two ways:

a) Crystal Steele kills her as a warning to McCoy.

b) Sadik straps a bomb around her neck, and it explodes right in front of McCoy.

So,you'd have to kill Steele and/or Sadik very early in the game... When?

If you manage Kill Sadik at the Bradbury (before McCoy gets to the rooftop and gets trashed by him and Clovis) the game cant' continue (I do have that Savegame, thanks to greek forumer Sadik), as the beatup scene is a requisite for triggering the cinematic of Ray tied up in the chair.

But I think if you'd succcessfully kill Sadik, it would be just a switch from Steele to Clovis as the killer, when Ray finds the dog carcass at his conapt.

I don't know how you'd kill Steele...

Interesting, if true.
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

nenaja

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:01 am

I know that it was at the end at the moonbus. McCoy and Steele kill sadik and clovis. When they start to walk off together Maggie comes running up from the right, thats pretty much all I remember. Darn I wish I would have saved that savegame.
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:05 am

You got me intrigued...

?You sure you are not thinking of the origami tiger on the floor besides Clovis? (Sorry, had to ask... it's not that I think you're that dumb, just had to discard that one straight out)

Ten years from this game's release are just about to come... been there from day 1, and I never heard anything like that. I guess the only way to know for sure is to ask one of the developers... or as previously suggested, do a run extracting all video and sound from the game and watch it all. I know the existence of a sound bit of McCoy saying "Aaaah...dog breath"... but then again, there are a lot of unused sound bits, for story branches that had to be cut off, during development due to resources/time constraints.

If the video actually is confirmed to exist, I guess they out a very specific and tight order of actions and dialgue choices to trigger it. I mean, people all around the world playing for 10 years and anybody else came up with this ending? (Posible, but not likely, IMO).

And if the video exists... I guess a lot of us will just have to reinstall and try to get it. A nice excuse to revisit the game. Used to have it all the time on my HD, but I got a disk space shortage. :(
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:47 pm

Centauro wrote:You got me intrigued...
?You sure you are not thinking of the origami tiger on the floor besides Clovis?

Ray picks-up an origami dog in one ending.

Centauro wrote:do a run extracting all video and sound from the game and watch it all.

I have just now done this and watched every ending... unfortunately, no Maggie.

nenaja wrote:McCoy and Steele kill sadik and clovis. When they start to walk off together Maggie comes running up from the right

In this ending, Crystal says, "...and I'm much better company than a dog,you know?" And then the "camera" does pan-in from the right of the screen... unfortunately, minus Maggie. :-k
ImageImageImage
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:02 am

Gene Ettix wrote:Ray picks-up an origami dog in one ending.

That's correct. I forgot to mention it.

Centauro wrote:do a run extracting all video and sound from the game and watch it all.

Gene Ettix wrote:I have just now done this and watched every ending... unfortunately, no Maggie.

That settles it, then. Maggie ending does not exist.

<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:34 pm

Centauro wrote:That settles it, then. Maggie ending does not exist.

Yes, my previous post sounded rather final, but I still find nenaja's claim to be intrigueing. I've considered some varied possibilities:

The first, being the least optimistic >>>

[-X 1) I'm always skeptical about "newbies" that arrive here diving straight into a question that they must know will get a rise from us. No offense, nenaja.I'm probably wrong... It's just my nature. Sometimes people come to these boards (never to return, in many instances), to ask an obvious question only to see if they can stir-things-up with a group of "BR geeks". :lol:
Okay. That being said, I'll move on.

The second, being the most realistic >>>

:? 2) Very simple. This game has been around for some time, and sometimes people's memories don't serve them correctly. Maybe a person can think they experienced something in the game a long time ago when, in reality, it was something that they wished for. [-o<

The third, being the most perplexing >>>

:-k 3) I seem to have had experiences in this game when I first played it years ago, that never repeated themselves again. I know this has happened to others as well, because we've had discussions about this issue before.
My hypothesis is this: What if certain things happen in the game only if you have the disc in the drive? Years ago, that's how I played it. At the moment, I use the full-install as I have for quite some time.
Maybe... just maybe, the installation is never really a full one, and you must have one of the discs in the drive for the game to access certain occurances within the gameplay? (perhaps, like super-imposing Maggie over a cutscene) :shock:

This is truly genius if the developers did this! But, if programmers were to ever experiment with such a concept, they picked the right game 8)
Centauro wrote:I guess the only way to know for sure is to ask one of the developers.
ImageImageImage
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:37 am

The third, being the most perplexing >>>

:-k 3) I seem to have had experiences in this game when I first played it years ago, that never repeated themselves again. I know this has happened to others as well, because we've had discussions about this issue before.
My hypothesis is this: What if certain things happen in the game only if you have the disc in the drive?

This is truly genius if the developers did this! But, if programmers were to ever experiment with such a concept, they picked the right game 8)
Centauro wrote:I guess the only way to know for sure is to ask one of the developers.

You know, that's a very interesting theory. If it was true... wow. ?Was it you who I talked about meeting Steele in the elevator? Damn...

<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:07 pm

Centauro wrote: ?Was it you who I talked about meeting Steele in the elevator? Damn...

I found it. The conversation was about Rachael, actually. With a game designer from Polska called Rado. You can read it HERE.
I've been reading some of the older threads in the various forums (highly recommended, especially for newcomers) There have been some wonderful topics engaged over the years. I wish we still had access to everything from the old BZ Forums of the `90's, as well. :-({|= *nostalgic* I remember this topic being discussed in other threads, too.
ImageImageImage
<<

nenaja

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:09 am

Maggie can live

I know it sounds impossible, but I truely remember getting a save game from someone where Maggie does live. I just wish I would have saved it. I can't even say how the person who sent it to me managed to get this ending, but I'm really not making it up. I have better things to do then to stir up a forum, believe me. Anyway, thanks for all the response, hopefully me or someone else will be able to find that ending. By the way, I may be a newbie to this site, but I've played the game many many times for many years.

Return to The Blade Runner Game