Is there any point?

Moderator: BR796164

<<

Deckards double

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:46 pm

Is there any point?

A rather morose title I know but is it worth me installing my BR game as I am currently running the latest version of XP and will soon be switching to Vista?
Cheers,
Steve.
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:22 am

Only you can tell what is "worth". It depends on how soon are you gonna switch, how often will you really play the game (I know I have some full game installs on my HD that I haven't touched in years and won't be playing anytime soon but can't seem to wipe out) and if it's gonna take much time to get it to run properly.

Me, I wouldn't switch to Vista even if I could afford it. If there wasn't another option, I'd say dual boot (but I don't really know how easy is that gonna be with Windows 1984... errr, Vista).
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

Deckards double

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:05 pm

I know nothing about Vista.... is it really that bad?
I have the choice of sticking with XP.
<<

BR796164

Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:30 am

If you want to feel cutting edge, and have appropriate hardware for it, then fine. Some though believe that Vista is too bloated with DRM and useless stuff behing eyecandy. We still don't know a lot about it's functionality.

Now I'm not sure but as far as I know Vista will be fully 64-bit, so it may become hell for everyone wishing for back compatibility. If you're one of them, think wisely before you switch to it.

Dual boot is always an option, of course.

Return to The Blade Runner Game