Total votes : 5
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:18 am

Re-mastered version delayed

Hi All
The Re-mastered version that was due in September has been delayed until October, also if you pre order from Amazon UK they are offering it for ?10.99 instead of 16.99.
May be worth ordering 2, one to watch and one to keep?
On a seperate and depressing note, i will be 63 years old or dead in 2019, if anybody has any thoughts of an earlier meeting than the one already discussed please let me know.
Cheers.
More human than human
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:37 am

How do you know ir's been delayed?

By the way, what do you mean one to watch and one to keep? I just don't see the logic behind it.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:58 am

Hi Deleted
The release date is now October the 6th rather than September, i only come across this when Amazon e-mailed to inform me that my pre order delivery date had changed because of delayed release.
The bit about 2 copies just means that i can have an unopened copy for my collection, a bit anal and probably a bit sad but it's just the way i have been collecting over the years.
More human than human
<<

carson

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:04 am

Amazon US still has the release date Sept. 5th. Though still no cover image available. (?)
Availability: This title will be released on September 5, 2006. Pre-order now. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

I can understand the 2 copies. If it is a limited offer (4 months) and one somehow gets damaged...
I double up on music a lot. I got flooded once and lost a lot of never to be seen or heard again Audio & Video. Wish I had had backups at a friend's house.
Regards,
carson
Favorite movie: Blade Runner - Favorite Music: Blade Runner then anything by Vangelis.
<<

hacker233

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:08 am

<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:06 am

I think they just posted the cover art from the origional DC box. I am pretty sure they will update it somehow to alert shoppers that this is a new disc and not the one they already own.
<<

hacker233

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:07 am

No, this will be the cover art for the dvd this september. Here is another website, but with a shot of the back of the dvd art: http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/ ... unner.html
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:40 pm

It looks identical to the current DC disc....that makes no sense at all exept to save a few bucks on a graphic designer.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:41 am

Well, honestly, it's just a movie-only rerelease of the DC. Why change the cover art? That also happens to be the best known BR poster.
-Ridley Scott
<<

carson

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:35 am

ridleynoir wrote:It looks identical to the current DC disc....that makes no sense at all exept to save a few bucks on a graphic designer.

I agree. Once again I find myself asking where is WB marketing?
Amazon doesnt even list it as a "remastered director's cut"!
So, unless you absolutely know the latest info and are just browsing one might think, "oh there's that terrible transfer of Blade Runner released before quality was an issus with DVDs."
I dont know about changing the cover art and absolutely no offense to deleted but shouldn't there be something to distinguish it from the ninties version.
I could think this is too much analyzing but I was really hoping a bigger marketing campaing would be attached to this limited release.
As is, so many are just saying ,"I'll wait for the Final Cut next year."
I would have liked to see bigger sales for this remastered edition just for Mr. Scott if nothing else. Although I still think a 5.1 audio remaster would have made a huge difference in people's buying choice.
I can only hope "The Final Cut" receives more attention.
Regards,
carson
Favorite movie: Blade Runner - Favorite Music: Blade Runner then anything by Vangelis.
<<

THX1138

Post Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:20 am

carson wrote:
ridleynoir wrote:It looks identical to the current DC disc....that makes no sense at all exept to save a few bucks on a graphic designer.

I agree. Once again I find myself asking where is WB marketing?
Amazon doesnt even list it as a "remastered director's cut"!
So, unless you absolutely know the latest info and are just browsing one might think, "oh there's that terrible transfer of Blade Runner released before quality was an issus with DVDs."
I dont know about changing the cover art and absolutely no offense to deleted but shouldn't there be something to distinguish it from the ninties version.
I could think this is too much analyzing but I was really hoping a bigger marketing campaing would be attached to this limited release.
As is, so many are just saying ,"I'll wait for the Final Cut next year."
I would have liked to see bigger sales for this remastered edition just for Mr. Scott if nothing else. Although I still think a 5.1 audio remaster would have made a huge difference in people's buying choice.
I can only hope "The Final Cut" receives more attention.
Regards,
carson

There is a newer painting of the same old movie poster done. It looks the same, only with deeper dolors and it just looks more detailed. I don't know if you've seen it. I think to distinguish this version from the older version, they could have used the newer movie poster image.

http://www.suodenjoki.dk/images/news/bl ... poster.jpg
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:16 am

That's a nice redoing of it. It's like a few frames off in another direction, if it was in the movie.

Well, hey. Maybe we'll see some new art on the multidis set.
-Ridley Scott
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:53 am

I hope they at least put a big sticker on the shrink wrap of the DC DVD re-release. Otherwise most people wont know it is anything new. Then when it doesn't sell some bigwig at warner will say "no one likes BR anymore...it's old news" and stop any money going into the Final Cut.
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:03 am

That is the John Alvin BR-2000 poster made (we think) for what was to be a 20th anniversary re-release of the film.
Blade zone has an article about it here going up for auction. I would prefer to see the Drew Struzan poster art or even something all together new. At least they know there is art out there they can use. BTW there are other versions of that famous poster that you might not be aware of. The DC poster is different in at least a less detailed manner...then even more simplified is the Criterion LD cover art.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:22 am

ridleynoir wrote:I hope they at least put a big sticker on the shrink wrap of the DC DVD re-release. Otherwise most people wont know it is anything new. Then when it doesn't sell some bigwig at warner will say "no one likes BR anymore...it's old news" and stop any money going into the Final Cut.

Woah, wait a minute. The final cut/multidisc stuff has been confirmed. They are not going to pull it. Yikes, why even suggest it?

Try thinking positivly.
-Ridley Scott
Next

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut