A new review of the BR Game, almost 10 years after

Moderator: BR796164

<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:23 am

A new review of the BR Game, almost 10 years after

When searching for reviews of the Blade Runner PC Game, one could reasonably expect to find them all dated, having been online for several years now. That's why I got surprised to find a review of the game published just last month in AdventureGamers.com a website that specializes in the now almost extinct genre of adventure games.

The reviewer gives Westwood's Blade Runner a pretty high rating (higher than I'd give it, I confess, though I totally love the game) and praise the designers focus to aesthetic detail (both in visuals and sound) and right handling of a cult franchise. While he sure does point the game's flaws, he doesn't get into the common error of judging an old game out of context and comparing it to the current state of the tech.

Read the article at:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,14
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

Deckard BR26354

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:39 am

Thanks for that Centauro - I'd have to say that I agree with most of that review.

I wish the graphics in the BR game were less chunky...
Richard Gunn

We each live in our own realities - who's maintaining yours?

The only thing that you can be 100% sure of, is that you can't be 100% sure of anything.
<<

THX1138

Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:28 pm

It's too bad Westwood isn't around anymore. We could have had hopes of a rerelease where the graphics werent "chunky" and have better renders and a higher screen resolution.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:01 am

One can dream... But you know what'd be really cool right now? To have access to production material. I mean, the game is pretty old now, and if there was going to be another BR game, I think they'll remake all sets with superior quality. Acknowledging it as EA/BRPship property, I think it'll do no harm if someone (a dev?) could filter some of that abundant prod material to us.
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

Return to The Blade Runner Game