FAQ  •  Login

blade runner remake

<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:16 pm

Masao wrote:"Lucas looked into the future before he made THX?"

I thought I made it clear but if not, I should restate it. "THX 1138 was derived from Logan's Run" meant that it came from Logan's Run.

Once upon a time; people actually got their Sci Fi from books and so I must apologize for not making the distinction. THX got its story from the novel Logan's Run

I thought this was about "remakes" of earlier films. Many films are derived and influenced by books , but that in no way makes it a "remake". Why can't you just say "oops" I made a mistake instead of backtracking? I won't think any less of you...I make mistakes all the time and am no longer embarased admit to them. Also the book Logan's run was 1st published in 1969 and Lucas student film "Electronic Labyrinth THX 1138 4EB" was made in 1967. His film I am certain was influenced By the books "1984" and "brave new world" as well as other less famous science fiction. I am surprized George hasn't sued Nolan for stealing ideas from his film.
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:50 pm

Masao wrote:Alien was made from two films actually both from the 50's

THX 1138 was remade from the original film school project and was derived from Logan's Run

I will give you credit for origionally stating that it was "derived" from Logan's Run (even if that isn't possible as well). I was wrong in saying that you said it was a "remake" of Logans Run and not the origional student film. Which it is very much a remake of.
<<

Masao

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:11 am

LOL, sorry I didn't get it. Leon was a bit dense.

"Very good, very amusing."
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:53 pm

Thumb Runner

I recently saw Steve Oedekerk's "Thumb Wars". It was clever and hilarious.
I say we encourage a remake of Blade Runner thumb-style... "Thumb Runner!"
Thumb Wars can be viewed at YouTube here. (although it is misprinted and titled "Blair Thumb")

The official Thumbs website...here.

Their forum is here where I made this suggestion, although it is stated that ..."absolutely no member of the creative team behind the Thumbs will view this message forum. Any ideas presented here are for the fun of the fans and any similarity in any future Thumb productions is strictly coincidental. With that said, have fun coming up with your favorite titles." I figure if enough folks support the idea in the forum it may give more weight for when the right person does see the idea.

What do you think about a "Thumbation" Blade Runner?
<<

THX1138

Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:35 pm

Hahaha! I *love* the thumb movies. Got them all on VHS. Never imagines a "Thumb Runner" though. That would be awsome though.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

Masao

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:47 pm

To get back on track, the remake can be superior to an original...however unlikely in today's world.

I still say:"Deckard shot first!"
Previous

Return to The Blade Runner Movie Sequel